How do you guys feel about driving a prius?

driving a 98 explorer and 04 ss impala and having to fill up constantly makes me want...a car with better milage...not a prius tho...
smug_alert.jpg

2013 Jetta Hybrid......45mpg+ and looks way better, xenons and leds also

i sometimes rent a prius from my university.

the drive itself is really smooth; however, i hate that i can only see so little from the rear view mirror, especially when i'm switching lanes. the back windows are tiny. personally, i wouldn't buy one.

Its the family car (2003 model) and because I dont have one, im usually driving it everywhere....great ride/great on gass (a full tank can get me to/from NY/PA with some to spare) but I can imagine what people think when I'm blasting rap music at full volume from it lolol...its whateva dough...better than walking

The Prius has more pick up than youd think. The great MPG is boss. The new ones dont look terrible. Pretty roomy, and safe. I was working for enterprise and got hit head on at 40 mph by a sentra and i broke my finger, thats it. The only thing that concerns me, is all batteries eventuallydie, Id assume a Prius battery costs thousands.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

btw there is an alternative. my mom actually has one of these and i drive this for the weekend and its pretty amazing car. for people who are "car enthusiasts" this has sport mode
laugh.gif

i was driving it the other weekend and i was getting almost 40 driving sport mode. pretty dope. almost same price too i believe. i think its little faster with F sport.

This piece of poopoo goes 0-60 in a amazinnnnnn..... 9 seconds
30t6p3b.gif

One of my family members has one and when I drive I act as if im in a go cart lol..but its impossible to get ur lean on in one

Literally 2 hours ago I was walking down the sidewalk looked up and saw an accident occur between 2 Prius'. They were both blue and both he same exact model lol. And I think they somehow managed to both be at fault, typical. I was sittin there laughing to myself for a minute.

I'm pretty sure if everyone in this world drove a Prius nobody would get injured. It was like watching 2 paper airplanes collide.

My next car will likely be a Prius or the Lexus hybrid. I'm not a car enthusiast at all and I just want to get from point A to point B.

Despite the fact I'm a cheap %!@ and absolutely HATE filling up, I can't drive a Prius.
It sucks away the very little fun there is in driving. 

I'm not saying I need a sports car, but I'd at least like to hit 60 mph in under 10 seconds 
laugh.gif

If it was my only car, pass. I'll admit i like speed so i need to have something quick. I'd maybe get one as a commuter and keep a sports car as a weekend car or something but even than i think i would just get a regular gas only car over a Prius.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

btw there is an alternative. my mom actually has one of these and i drive this for the weekend and its pretty amazing car. for people who are "car enthusiasts" this has sport mode
laugh.gif

i was driving it the other weekend and i was getting almost 40 driving sport mode. pretty dope. almost same price too i believe. i think its little faster with F sport.

30t6p3b.gif

What do you expect? It's not designed for performance.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I'd buy one for the right price. I have heard the maintenance costs are
sick.gif
i've had once since 2006. i've paid less than $300/year in general maintenance since buying it. i drive 70 on the freeway with no problem - have taken it over 90. get over 40mpg. 
i laugh at people who struggle with their gas bill or people who pay upwards of $50/week on gas. gas is over $4.50 a gallon here and i pay about $40 every 2 weeks. 

best car i've ever owned - my car before this one was a brand new 4runner limited. 

STUNTMAN MIKE.... but whips a Prius... something not adding up..

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I'd buy one for the right price. I have heard the maintenance costs are
sick.gif
i've had once since 2006. i've paid less than $300/year in general maintenance since buying it. i drive 70 on the freeway with no problem - have taken it over 90. get over 40mpg. 
i laugh at people who struggle with their gas bill or people who pay upwards of $50/week on gas. gas is over $4.50 a gallon here and i pay about $40 every 2 weeks. 

best car i've ever owned - my car before this one was a brand new 4runner limited. 

STUNTMAN MIKE.... but whips a Prius... something not adding up..
its a screen name? you still a "boi" ?

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
damn, 
that would suck in all the open roads that NYC has to offer 
eyes.gif

I consider myself a car guy. I drive a manual lexus sc300 and i'm about to pick up a cts-v as my weekend car.

My gf has a prius and there is something fun about that car. I drove it from Springfield to Chicago one day and there is something really fun about passing trucks in a prius doing 90 and knowing your averaging 33+mpg.

James May of Top Gear once said that some cheap cars are fun to drive because normal driving just pushes certain cars to their limit. This thing is like a beefed up golf cart and I have tremendous fun in those.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
damn, 
that would suck in all the open roads that NYC has to offer 
eyes.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom