How do you keep your room clean?

I pay all bills onli.e so as soon ask get something I schedule payment and throw bill out , mags go in bathroom or in drawer, clothes get washeassoon as I have a load of laundry, when they're dry I put them away. I can't stand clutter. Dunno if that helps but after a deep cleaning try that

Originally Posted by carbon16

I clean my room every sunday

my parents use to make me do this.
my problem is random papers/mags/mail around my room. until i get a bigger space i'll invest in some shelves

Keep everything in its place, if you use something put it back when done. Immediately fold or hang clean clothes and put it away, separate place or hamper for dirty.

Try to do one thing at a time, if you see a mess or something out of place, don't just see it and ignore it.. Do it right then and there rather than ignore it and you'll slowly get things in order.

No matter how messy your room is, make your bed. It will make it look ten times cleaner. I don't have a probably keeping my room clean. I just put everything where it was before I used/wore it.

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

Put everything back in it's place after you're done. Always easier to prevent than fix.
nerd.gif

That's the best way - just don't make a mess. Much easier then - it just takes a few minutes here and there.

quit being lazy.....i haven't had a dirty room since I was in middle school....aint even hard to keep up as long as you dont have a bunch of unnecessary things sitting everywhere.

Throw out anything you don't need. For clean clothes, just got to fold or hang them up after you do your laundry

Find a place for everything you own and put it back in that place as soon as you're done using it. You'll always have a clean room. And if it's only one room that you have to worry about vacuuming and dusting takes like 20 minutes and that's necessary like once a week at best. Make your bed every morning as soon as you get up and your room is always clean. You'll spend about 10 to 15 minutes a day "cleaning". Simple. 

1. always make the bed after sleeping
2. Do laundry at least once a week (preferably twice) and immediately fold and put back into dresser or closet. Socks and underwear have their own crates on one shelf in the closet.

3. Vacuum every two weeks

4. wash bedding every two weeks

5. sunday, spray bathroom countertop + mop (wet swiffer) + sanitize toilet and shower

6. take out room trash every sunday, replenish trash cans with plastic bags.

Right now my bookshelf is getting rearranged and I have a few stacks of books that I need to either throw away, donate, sell, or move to the family bookshelf.

I try to keep it clean and put stuff back, but I always end up saying %*%+ it. My room's looking like Katrina hit right now
30t6p3b.gif

first step is to get tired of it being dirty.
do laundry on wednesday
do other chores dailly to prevent build up/discover anti-dirty prevention tactics
look forward to a relaxing weekend.

I tend to accumulate things in specific areas, namely the spare space on top of my duchess and then on/inside my bedside cabinet. It's mainly stuff that I use on a near day to day basis.

Hate having clean/dirty washing on my bed or floor.

But I generally give it a good once over on a Sunday. If my room was bigger/I had more storage I'd have a lot of my stuff tucked away. Can't wait to have my own place and have it mainly minimalist.

Back
Top Bottom