How do you store your sneakers?

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Just switched to plastic bins thanks to Mayor.  Quick pic...

what do you do with all the boxes?
do you break them down and store them elsewhere?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nah man. Just threw them away. I realized I don't need them. They take up too much space anyway.

30t6p3b.gif

6693869595_0400080eaf_o.jpg

Just copped these and there is no yellowing whatsoever. Deadstock and they look like they were made yesterday. I want to display them but keep them pristine at the same time. HELP.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Real talk... I might just get rid of them cause I don't want to be responsible for messing these beauties up.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Armor all treatment: Brown AA for Leather, Yellow for the midsoles and ice.
In UNSEALED zip lock bags so they can breathe.

One small silica pack in the box

Store in a cool dark place...I hang a "Damp Rid" hanger in my closet just above the shoes...I live in Florida so it has a tendency to get very very humid in the summer and spring...

All of the shoes with ice have black trash bags wrapped around the boxes with numerous holes punched in the bags so as to let the bags breathe but not let in light.  I also cut the bags and situate them as such so as not to restrict air flow to the shoes.

Also, place dryer sheets in the shoes to help them keep a decent smell and fresh, especially the ones I wear a lot.

But, I wear all of my kicks.  I think there is a lot to be said about putting the materials to use and getting them out on the streets and in the fresh air...
nerd.gif

I'm just curious but why do people even store their kicks in zip-loc bags? 
nerd.gif

Wouldn't putting them in unsealed zip-locs defeat the purpose of putting them in there in the first place?

I'm not trying to be a smart $@$. I'm just wondering.

-Drew

Unsealed Ziplock bags?

My guess is so that they don't get dusty and so that they can look at/and admire the shoe
smile.gif

In their boxes. No paper. 2 silica packets in boxes with shoes that have icy soles. when silica packets turn brownish, they are replaced. i clean shoes after each wear. sometimes i will leave the shoes out to breathe for a day or so in my room before i clean them if they're a shoe i haven't worn in a long time. personally dont do the ziplock bag. i wear my shoes. if i keep a shoe DS it's for no longer than a year. but the extra pairs of concords and bc3s are my experiment. i will see how those hold up. but those along with tb3s, bred 11s are the only shoes i ever plan on doubling on.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Just switched to plastic bins thanks to Mayor.  Quick pic...

what do you do with all the boxes?
do you break them down and store them elsewhere?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nah man. Just threw them away. I realized I don't need them. They take up too much space anyway.
!@+@ I would of bought them off of you

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Armor all treatment: Brown AA for Leather, Yellow for the midsoles and ice.
In UNSEALED zip lock bags so they can breathe.

One small silica pack in the box

Store in a cool dark place...I hang a "Damp Rid" hanger in my closet just above the shoes...I live in Florida so it has a tendency to get very very humid in the summer and spring...

All of the shoes with ice have black trash bags wrapped around the boxes with numerous holes punched in the bags so as to let the bags breathe but not let in light.  I also cut the bags and situate them as such so as not to restrict air flow to the shoes.

Also, place dryer sheets in the shoes to help them keep a decent smell and fresh, especially the ones I wear a lot.

But, I wear all of my kicks.  I think there is a lot to be said about putting the materials to use and getting them out on the streets and in the fresh air...
nerd.gif

I'm just curious but why do people even store their kicks in zip-loc bags? 
nerd.gif

Wouldn't putting them in unsealed zip-locs defeat the purpose of putting them in there in the first place?

I'm not trying to be a smart $@$. I'm just wondering.

-Drew

Definitely to keep dust and dirt off of them.  
But, I truly believe that they have to breathe.  They have to.  And I've also been of the opinion that I would like to control the oxidation process as much as I can as well.

I'm sticking with my routine as my kicks have stayed icy and have lasted me many years storing them this way.

That being said, I wear all of my kicks.  All of them.  I'm also a firm believer in putting the materials to the test and letting them breathe and be used in natural air and natural conditions.

I guess the old adage applies: "If you don't use it, you lose it."

nerd.gif

I put my doubles and triples in zip-loc bags unsealed too. I just figure they're going to be in there for at least a couple years so they gotta be protected somehow. I don't seal the bag because I don't want the leather to dry out. I've heard other people swear by the sealed zip-loc routine, but I just can't bring myself to store my 2nd and 3rd pair of Banned 1s (with that buttery leather) in a SEALED bag.

I store the boxes inside USPS boxes so air/oxidation won't go in through the holes of the regular Jordan boxes. And I still keep the white paper inside and it seems they haven't affected the soles of my 11s

Back
Top Bottom