How do you store your sneakers?

Nice setup Bro. I've been debating on cop'ing one of those sneaker boxes for awhile now. How much was it shipped to your place?
Cheers brother, it was £350 altogether, £300 for the box and £50 shipping. He ships to States but obviously it will be alot more, but Ive seen his posts on Instagram saying hes working on getting the shipping costs down.

I keep mine in the OG boxes, unless I get em off the local Jordan's only sale page on fb, sometimes they don't come with boxes, but what's the difference between shoe boxes and plastic containers? Is it better for the shoe, or just preference?

Some of my collection, coming at you from Cape Town, South Africa
pimp.gif
  My IG @jamixx08  and @bubblekoppe

Hi fam, can anybody help me out with the sku number for the Michaels Drop Front shoe box?

About to buy a pair of OG '04 2K4s.. I love the colourway, but i'm 60% sure these will have sole separation..

Wish me luck...

I leave a lot in their box without the paper, others in sneaker storage drop boxes. If I had money I would put all them in a drop box and keep everything else separate. 

Mine are all in those 3m co outer bags Th e Perfect Pair showed in his Nice Kicks Sneak Peak. To soon to tell if they work or not but i am happy with the purchase

Mine are all in those 3m co outer bags Th e Perfect Pair showed in his Nice Kicks Sneak Peak. To soon to tell if they work or not but i am happy with the purchase

Overhyped material. Those bags do work, but not for this application. They are used a lot for electronic media, pcbs.... I don't think they'll do a damn thing for shoes

Last edited:
Where you get those Nike chair/stools?
Got it from one of the oldest Nike retailers in the city. They were only originally in Stores here. Super difficult to find, I was pretty lucky[emoji]128512[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Dude, I got 3 pairs of shoes with **ss yellow MIDSOLES (not out) and I've never even worn them.

Every time I think I'm storing shoes correctly, I read something or am told something that pretty much says "dude, that's the worst thing you can do." The most recent, is that using the clear plastic containers will cause leather to crumble. How true this is? No clue, but I can't afford to risk it (literally). So that was a waste.

Every time I think I'm storing shoes correctly, I read something or am told something that pretty much says "dude, that's the worst thing you can do." The most recent, is that using the clear plastic containers will cause leather to crumble. How true this is? No clue, but I can't afford to risk it (literally). So that was a waste.

Whoever told you that is misinformed. A clear plastic box isn't going to prematurely age and dry out leather. That's almost comical. Storing shoes in a bad surrounding environment surely will but the box is not to blame.

Storage always comes down to a few factors, some of the more important being controlling temperature/humidity and exposure (or in this case, lack of). Everything on top of that are minute steps of preservation.

I never understood why people spend many thousands on shoes and don't take the necessary steps to ensure their longevity.

Whoever told you that is misinformed. A clear plastic box isn't going to prematurely age and dry out leather. That's almost comical. Storing shoes in a bad surrounding environment surely will but the box is not to blame.

Storage always comes down to a few factors, some of the more important being controlling temperature/humidity and exposure (or in this case, lack of). Everything on top of that are minute steps of preservation.

I never understood why people spend many thousands on shoes and don't take the necessary steps to ensure their longevity.

Couldn't agree more. I never head the new "plastic shoe boxes hurt the shoes" thing. That is such BS. I have over 250 pairs (could me more) and short of about 30 pairs, the rest are stored in my garage!

Now before the people start saying they are all gonna crumble being in the garage, let me explain. My home is a 3-story townhouse. 1st floor is mostly a 2 car garage with the small full bath, small laundry room and a small living room (where the TV is). I have no basement. The garage is pretty well climate controlled as the home heater (gas) is behind the front wall in the laundry. It never gets cold cold in there. It's probably in the low 60s/high 50s in the winter and pitch black whennthe lights are out.

Some of my shoes I have are over 25+ years old and are still 100% wearable (OG Challenge Huarache, OG Alarm, OG Zoom Challenge among others). They are all fine. The major issue with storage is light, especially sunlight. This will dry out midsoles and then the crumble begins.

Last edited:
I got a of the new yeezys 750. I'm not really gonna wear them just gonna add them to my collection any idea how to store them

All you theorists are bugging me out. Will Saran Wrap damage your kicks? If so I have a Christmas morning worth of unwrapping to do [emoji]128561[/emoji]

For me its the shoes in the og boxes in stacks of 5/7. No plastic bags, saran wrap, or the lil packs to reduce moisture. I just stick w/my Angelus brand cleaning supplies & shoe trees then back to the og box. Much better use of your money & keeps your kicks super fresh. But that's me

Back
Top Bottom