How do you think COVID-19 will change the world as we know it going forward?

i think this will encourage this country to be more fit and healthy even more than it already has.
need to be in shape and keep it moving. you never know

also, this will affect the tobacco company. I see less and less cigarettes everyday and this will just further that trend.

Hopefully ppl and governments will be better prepared for the next pandemic.

we gotta get some BIG international collaboration out of this, I think We the Species just got a lot closer.

this response will not cut it in future disasters, virus/global warming/meteor don´t gaf about your border.

i think this will encourage this country to be more fit and healthy even more than it already has.
need to be in shape and keep it moving. you never know

also, this will affect the tobacco company. I see less and less cigarettes everyday and this will just further that trend.

I think fitness will be split...some people will get in better shape, some will melt into their couches for good.

on the tobacco point, idk man:
1586960581544.png

1586960645585.png

people aint even wearing the proper masks
and aint even handling them right
havent worn a mask
even once
folks gotta stop freaking themselves out
Explain the right way please

Explain the right handling please

I come in peace.

I am dumb.
I am stupid

Slightly off topic. Has anybody seen these things being worn in public? They started popping up since the Coronavirus outbreak and they look quite crazy lol.

E1734B2D-2133-4EAD-B548-EAE5DFD44846.png

ad I screenshot in this thread

people aint even wearing the proper masks
and aint even handling them right
havent worn a mask
even once
folks gotta stop freaking themselves out
don’t you work in a hospital? don’t you think it’s incredibly irresponsible not to wear a mask when going out?

not even trying to attack you but help me understand, Mr.Hare.

Well, people should be more hygienic. Sanitization and disinfection should be expected and done. Large groups could be avoided. People will probably be paranoid by the smallest cough, sneeze, or whatever illness. I expect more ignorance from some people, especially if they need a scapegoat for some reason. But I learned from what some NTers said, generally alot of people are ignorant and when the media or authorities try to portray things are becoming normal again, that's when alot of people will let their guard down and forget the rules that were pretty important. Alot taken for granted.

This thing just may wipe out the evangelicals. The catholic church will be destroyed as well. Religious people of all faiths not being able to go to church or temples, not socialize among their own, or even proselytizing to others, will be driven crazy. The churches are going to lose money big time, and those preachers are going to look to other sources of income, of which wont be easy. People are going to look to more spiritual practices, personal development, well, the strong people will do that, but the others just may begin to commit suicide, become drug addicts, or raging alcoholics.

I am looking forward to watching all of this going down. :lol:

If you could press a button and fast forward 12-18 months to where a vaccine existed and everything went back to normal, would you? If it meant losing those 12-18 months of your life of quarantine and a strict social distancing lifestyle?

Are you enjoying life enough right now to be able to sit through it?

Explain the right way please

Explain the right handling please

I come in peace.

I am dumb.
I am stupid
find a mask with a good seal around your nose and mouth.
it's preferred you be clean shaven as that will create a tighter seal
the tighter the better
i suggest getting a surgical mask or N95 as opposed to just a regular procedural mask.
the procedural mask has elastic loop that goes around your ear. the surgical mask has actual strings to tie behind your head creating a custom tightness to your face thus creating a better seal.
if you have a procedural mask, you can use a clean paper clip to tie in the back of the mask which will create a better seal, keep your mask from shifting, and also removing the pressure from behind your ears so you can wear the mask longer without irritation.
1587048722367.png

the N95 is the safest and it is good because there are different sizes for which you should be properly fitted for.
it's not hard to get fitted as you should just find a mask that creates the best seal. rotate your neck and head in all directions and the mask should maintain the seal.

what i've been noticing is people pinching the part where your nose is so it creates an angle above the bridge of your nose and creates a gap of space.
the correct way is to gently press on your cheeks or the part below your eyes on both sides of your nose to create a seal on the bridge of your nose
also i see people just not fully wearing the mask. it should go well below your chin.
the way to handle a mask is to clean your hands before and after dawning the mask.
the hard part is not adjusting your mask while you are wearing it.

also, if using gloves, you need to wash your hands thoroughly before and after handling your gloves. this is very important. if you don't clean your hands before dawning the gloves you are just getting all the germs on the inside and outside of the gloves.

also any face covering is better than nothing. just try and apply the same principles

I´m seeing everybody walk around with their mouths covered and I wonder...speakers or sign language?

can´t have everybody walking around like this for the next 5 years:

As someone said before, wearing a mask is gonna be a normal thing like they do in Asia.

even if you have a small cold, you should wear one.

imo it’s a good habit for society.

Work from home will be more common and organizations will adapt to that type of work environment. Non-critical work travel will be less common. People will be more diligent about hygiene.

Back
Top Bottom