How Do You Value Self Worth?

How do u measure a persons worth or what exactly do u feel is more important in life?

Some people feel as if how much money a person has or made measures what they're worth.
Even on here there has been a lot of "alpha" talk lately, so men being measure by how many women they've been with.
U would think that over all knowledge of self or in general would over everything else, but I
Feel like people get lost in popularity & monitary values.

Just curious.

How do u measure a persons worth or what exactly do u feel is more important in life?

Some people feel as if how much money a person has or made measures what they're worth.
Even on here there has been a lot of "alpha" talk lately, so men being measure by how many women they've been with.
U would think that over all knowledge of self or in general would over everything else, but I

Just curious.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Just curious.
 The weak-minded sheep place value on the wrong thing. Knowledge of self and making a positive contribution to mankind trumps everything else.

Just curious.
 The weak-minded sheep place value on the wrong thing. Knowledge of self and making a positive contribution to mankind trumps everything else.

if the circumstances in my life didn't force me to take a hard look at myself and re-evaluate my personal values, i'd be lost. the funny thing is, as i focused on what became important to me (peace of mind, being kinder, being more humble, showing love to my family, standing up for what i believe in ) my financial difficulties and other problems seemed to diminish significantly. 

if the circumstances in my life didn't force me to take a hard look at myself and re-evaluate my personal values, i'd be lost. the funny thing is, as i focused on what became important to me (peace of mind, being kinder, being more humble, showing love to my family, standing up for what i believe in ) my financial difficulties and other problems seemed to diminish significantly. 

This is great thread. I'll be back in here in >30 minutes. Gonna burn one and reflect a little before I post.

This is great thread. I'll be back in here in >30 minutes. Gonna burn one and reflect a little before I post.

na bra we all worthless unless we help each other.
but i don't do that too often
an dee
pimp.gif

I value a person's worth with what they contribute to humanity.

If you don't contribute to humanity in some fashion, you're worthless. Not to say that's necessarily a bad thing...businesses come out even with a balance of zero all the time. But that's average. Mundane. I want to be a person that contributes to the world, and hopefully leave it in better condition than what it would have been in if I hadn't been born.

But that's just me.

I value a person's worth with what they contribute to humanity.

If you don't contribute to humanity in some fashion, you're worthless. Not to say that's necessarily a bad thing...businesses come out even with a balance of zero all the time. But that's average. Mundane. I want to be a person that contributes to the world, and hopefully leave it in better condition than what it would have been in if I hadn't been born.

But that's just me.

For sure. I used to be all about material !*$! and money and I was never really happy. I always wanted more and I was doing some hella reckless stuff to get it. I was having lots of fun at the time, but it just got to be way too crazy.

Now I try really hard to find balance in life. Drugs made me feel so great, but then there's nothing worse or harder than getting off of them. Now I'm ok with making enough money to get by and do what I want to do instead of taking dumb risks to get rich.

I want to contribute something positive to society before I die. If you don't, you're just wasting resources for those that are trying to help others and advance the human race.

Humans are going to become extinct eventually, just like 99.9% of other species. I really hope that one day we can be at peace and equal.

For sure. I used to be all about material !*$! and money and I was never really happy. I always wanted more and I was doing some hella reckless stuff to get it. I was having lots of fun at the time, but it just got to be way too crazy.

Now I try really hard to find balance in life. Drugs made me feel so great, but then there's nothing worse or harder than getting off of them. Now I'm ok with making enough money to get by and do what I want to do instead of taking dumb risks to get rich.

I want to contribute something positive to society before I die. If you don't, you're just wasting resources for those that are trying to help others and advance the human race.

Humans are going to become extinct eventually, just like 99.9% of other species. I really hope that one day we can be at peace and equal.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Just curious.
I agree with you First Born.  But I don't think we should call everyone else who doesn't follow this type of reasoning as sheep.  Reason being is that by doing so we are putting ourselves above them with a sort of "i'm doing the right thing in this world, everyone else is so blinded by materials" while it's something we want to think and say...I feel this can only lead to a superiority complex with people who mean to do good.
My ex's mom used to rag on me because I had no job and I was just going to school...she felt like I was beneath her daughter in terms of social status and what not...I only realized that just the other day that when people get at you like that you have to think what made them think like that...well she had 2 husbands both of which beat her, took her money and left her to raise 3 kids.  If you think about what a persons been through and what makes them who they are today then you'll realize that sometimes people say things as a sort of defense mechanism...because in reality all she wants is the best for her daughter in her eyes...in reality all my good intentions didn't mean squat if our relationship was to go somewhere in the future and I would need to provide and protect her daughter.  While I did have money saved up and I did do the normal boyfriend things...just the fact that I didn't have a job at the time made her mom form opinions and judgement.

Some people like to get lost in the materiality and the popularity contests of this world...but they don't know any better.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Just curious.
I agree with you First Born.  But I don't think we should call everyone else who doesn't follow this type of reasoning as sheep.  Reason being is that by doing so we are putting ourselves above them with a sort of "i'm doing the right thing in this world, everyone else is so blinded by materials" while it's something we want to think and say...I feel this can only lead to a superiority complex with people who mean to do good.
My ex's mom used to rag on me because I had no job and I was just going to school...she felt like I was beneath her daughter in terms of social status and what not...I only realized that just the other day that when people get at you like that you have to think what made them think like that...well she had 2 husbands both of which beat her, took her money and left her to raise 3 kids.  If you think about what a persons been through and what makes them who they are today then you'll realize that sometimes people say things as a sort of defense mechanism...because in reality all she wants is the best for her daughter in her eyes...in reality all my good intentions didn't mean squat if our relationship was to go somewhere in the future and I would need to provide and protect her daughter.  While I did have money saved up and I did do the normal boyfriend things...just the fact that I didn't have a job at the time made her mom form opinions and judgement.

Some people like to get lost in the materiality and the popularity contests of this world...but they don't know any better.

Whether you're a good person or not... like are you someone most people would be proud of?

Doesn't matter how much cash you got, how strong you are, how many chicks you smashed, but if you're a cool person who values the right stuff, you're a good person in my book.

Me personally, I need cash, some cars and basketball skills then I'll deem myself worthwhile. I want to be able to do things that most others can't do/won't do, so if I got those down, I could care less about other stuff.

Whether you're a good person or not... like are you someone most people would be proud of?

Doesn't matter how much cash you got, how strong you are, how many chicks you smashed, but if you're a cool person who values the right stuff, you're a good person in my book.

Me personally, I need cash, some cars and basketball skills then I'll deem myself worthwhile. I want to be able to do things that most others can't do/won't do, so if I got those down, I could care less about other stuff.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

You're becoming one of my fav posters because you know what life is really about. We're gonna have to burn one when I move out to Cali.

Self-worth is really all about selflessness. If you're a selfish prick and do nothing to help the universe then your worth as much as that clump of dirt in the park shaped like a rock.

Back
Top Bottom