How does the Santa Claus myth not totally ruin your childhood? vol. inb4 sillyputty

So your dad tells you that Santa Claus, who you've met a bunch of times at the mall and feel fairly tight with, is fake. While you still believe that god, who you have not met even once or even laid eyes upon, is real. 
How does this not just totally #+%+ up your head forever? How do you recover from this sort of mental disaster? 

my mom told me if a man in a costume comes down the chimney, call the cops

pretty much deaded Santa for me at age 5-6
tired.gif

Why is this getting such a huge focus on NT the past couple of days? Can we just be happy and enjoy this time of year instead of trying to analyze the psychological effects of finding out that Santa is not real? I don't know one person that has been impacted negatively in their adult life because of realizing Santa wasn't real in their childhood. You really just move on after the first 5 minutes of feeling lied to.

If you never teach the child that Santa is who the world says he is what bubble exactly are you bursting?

If you tell the child from the jump that on XMAS, people that love each other give gifts to each other, I don't see Santa's relevance.

Why can't he just be a figure that is representative of the XMAS Holiday? Why does it have to be more than that?

Yea he can be at the malls, but again, why can't we just tell the kid that he is just a symbol of the holiday?

Simple concept. Don't see why their head will be messed up

Normal kid's response to Santa not being real: Hmm kinda disappointing but I kinda knew it. Oh well thanks for the gifts mom and dad, life goes on.

Idiot who has been lied to for so long's response to finally discovering Santa isn't real at 12 years old, despite all the evidence and all his peers not believing: Make a thread on NT about how he/she was traumatized by his parent's finally telling the truth.

I still am waiting for an explanation as to how not "allowing" the kid to believe in Santa ruins his childhood. As if that alone ruins all forms of fun, excitement, and joy from a kids young life.

and the new most controversial topic of the year is....
30t6p3b.gif

btw when u caught on that santa wasnt real....did any of you still play along with your parents making them think u still believe in him?

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Why is this getting such a huge focus on NT the past couple of days? Can we just be happy and enjoy this time of year instead of trying to analyze the psychological effects of finding out that Santa is not real? I don't know one person that has been impacted negatively in their adult life because of realizing Santa wasn't real in their childhood. You really just move on after the first 5 minutes of feeling lied to.
QFMTFT

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I still am waiting for an explanation as to how not "allowing" the kid to believe in Santa ruins his childhood. As if that alone ruins all forms of fun, excitement, and joy from a kids young life.
Is that something you can definitely control as a parent?
If so you have a point. But this thread was more about those who believe in SC one way or another and then are told the truth. 

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

QFMTFT
But you act like people always realize where their mental issues originate. 

you guys were stupid children.

my parents played a long but did it in a way where i always knew he was fake.

i don't see why this even requires such deep thought.

or how it must ALWAYS connect to religion...

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

and the new most controversial topic of the year is....
30t6p3b.gif

btw when u caught on that santa wasnt real....did any of you still play along with your parents making them think u still believe in him?
Even better for the people making these riveting topics, what would you do if your children continued to believe in Santa clause forever?

Why are you baiting sillyputty in a Santa Claus thread?

FTR, just because grownups claim they made up Santa and then turn around and say he isn't real doesn't mean Santa isn't real. I mean as long as you believe and have faith in him/feel his presence who is to say he does not exist?

God Damn I feel sorry for you guys. Seriously so much !##$ is going on and you guys are worried about kids believing in Santa. The funny !##$ is half of you dont have kids.

Never believed in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny
I was in Atlanta Malls spending feature money

-MonStar

Back
Top Bottom