How has F Jeff Green developed

jeff-green.bmp

Drafted 5th overall and was the centerpiece of the Ray Allen to BOS trade. Seattle now had 2 potential building blocks in KD and Green, and now with KD being a borderline superstar, how far has Jeff come. Can he and Durant be a dominant duo in the future though, I assume his potential is higher than Westbrook or Harden.

I see his #'s and he is improving yearly but was there more expected out of him coming from Gtown?

Westbrook's potential>Green's.
It's tough being an undersized big man but he can be really good, he started off solid this year but hasn't been consistent lately.

/\ He's not an undersized big man tho. He's a Small Forward. The problem is...the franchise currently plays small forward so Jeff is playing out of position. It was cool when KD was the 2 but his game took off when he moved to the 3. Jeff unfortunately will probably be moved in the future because of that though. I still had hope that they'd give KD another shot at the 2 and let Jeff move back to the 3 but that died when Harden was drafted.

There wasn't more expected out of him coming into the league...he was drafted to be KD's sidekick and that's exactly what he is. What more should anyone be expecting of him?

Im Not You speaks the truth. was going to say the EXACT same thing when i came in here.

Yep. Realistically a small forward, athletic as hell, decent jumper, high IQ, but he's going to be the 3rd/4th option on the team going forward (depending on how Harden develops).

Co-sign Im Not You. Also, it should be really interesting to see what these guys (particularly Westbrook and Green since Durant is getting the max) sign for when they are extended or become RFAs. Any guesses?

It would be nice to see OKC be able to move JGreen for someone like Jamison or Bosh or even a Tyrus Thomas to fill in at the 4 spot. Tyrus would be last on that list. Even Haseem Thabeet I suppose. They really need some size in that frontcourt. Kristic and Thomas and Collison just arent going to get it done for them.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

It would be nice to see OKC be able to move JGreen for someone like Jamison or Bosh or even a Tyrus Thomas to fill in at the 4 spot. Tyrus would be last on that list. Even Haseem Thabeet I suppose. They really need some size in that frontcourt. Kristic and Thomas and Collison just arent going to get it done for them.
It was interesting that Presti didn't go after Milsap or David Lee this past offseason with that cap space. I don't know if he was saving that money for this offseason or saving it because he knows he's going to have to extend the core pretty soon. What I do know though is Sam Presti knows what he's doing.

sorry to thread hijack but i just cannot believe the sonics are the thunder now. this squad would've been so dope in the northwest. god they would be the kings of seattle right now. oklahoma city
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

It was interesting that Presti didn't go after Milsap or David Lee this past offseason with that cap space. I don't know if he was saving that money for this offseason or saving it because he knows he's going to have to extend the core pretty soon. What I do know though is Sam Presti knows what he's doing.
If David Lee was on the Thunder
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Very true. Maybe some sign and trade scenarios he can make happen. Even a guy like Dalembert could be a nice fit for them, move Kristic to the 4. If they could have signed Lee or Milsap, and then traded Jeff Green for Dalembert or someone just like him, they couldve have seriously won a round or 2 or 3 in the playoffs. Possibly be facing the Lakers in the WCF. But I agree with you, Presti has been drafting good solid players for years. I think Harden is going to be just perfect for them going forward. Next year I expect him to be pretty consistent. like 15, 6, 4 a night or something. Im a Laker fan, but I really love OKC and I hope to see some big things happening for them the next 5+years.

Was never a big fan of Jeff Green.. But dude is solid. He wont be in OKC much longer though.

The future of that team is KD,Russ, and Harden.

He's a solid heady player. And there's no reason why you can't have him come off the bench ala Odom.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Was never a big fan of Jeff Green.. But dude is solid. He wont be in OKC much longer though.

i think its just gonna come down to harden and durant. westbrook's decision making/ broke jump shot might get him moved eventually. 
dude doesn't look all the way comfortable playing PG

I like JG.  You can win with him.  He knows his place, and is cool with being a 2nd/3rd option.  However, he should look at Lamar Odom, and get cool with the idea of a 6th man role if he wants to remain in OKC, because I don't see this team going far without a legit PF. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

What more should anyone be expecting of him?

i agree, at the time he was the best player to compliment KD, now it seems Russ is coming into his own in their system.
what they need NOW is that vital third scorer 10-15 pts a game, while he needs to reb a little higher level consistently. 
I have always been a supporter of trading him for a legit 4 man (nba mock draft thread I traded him and the #3 for David Lee and #8
roll.gif
) if they can get the value I say trade him even tho that signifigantly reduces KD resigning.

BTW Sam Presti > *

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i think its just gonna come down to harden and durant. westbrook's decision making/ broke jump shot might get him moved eventually. 
grin.gif
They ABSOLUTELY would not be where they are right now without Westbrook. After KD he's the only real LOCK to that core.

I wouldn't do any of those moves. Jeff gives us better defense than either of those guys even despite being undersized. He just makes game winning plays, especially defensively he always gets that timely block or steal and rebound. At times, it seems like we are underutilizing and playing somewhere else he could get more touches and put up better #s, but he seems fine with his role. There's no reason we can't keep all of these guys together for a long time.

There are a lot of centers out there who I'd look at, even if it would just be for the end of the season but the deal breaker is that these teams (WAS, NO, LAC, DAL, MEM) are all trying to get Green back in the deal and won't just take all of our crappy player's ending contracts.

I agree we need a better athletic big. Nick is smart, he'll get to the spot and take charges, which on last check he was 2nd in the league in. Krstc if he gets to the spot, will just get dunked on or foul. I mean, with the way we play defense already and how everybody is an above average defender on their own but grasp team defense better than almost any other team in the league, you plug an Okafor or a Camby (plus I like Camby on offense as a passer) or a motivated Haywood or even a Dampier in there and defensively we become even more
eek.gif
I like Serge, but he tends to make bad gambles a lot going for the spectacular play, plus he's 6'10ish and his finishing around the basket is
sick.gif
You got a 37 inch vert bruh, dunk the ball!

But I don't think we can really be disappointed in anything he is or isn't doing right now. At his peak. yea maybe I expect more like an 18, 7, and 3 type stat line and even a block a game

Team is hella exciting to watch though. Hell, last night our bench was the one who retook and extended that lead with Maynor, Harden, Green, Ibaka, and Collison (3 rookies in that btw) against Portland.

They have a real deep bench. They have all type of players, that can be utilized in different ways.

a more physical in Ibaka, smart guy in Collision, a great upcoming point in Maynor, etc.

I like Sammy D in OKC. Pass Philly some expirings, and im sure they'll take it.

Dalembert's contract pays him 23 mil through this season and next. I guess that isn't too bad as it would have him coming off the books same time as everybody else and create a unique situation of flexibility (we only have 3.3 mil committed in 2012, not counting those team options which likely will be taken). My favorite out of all the allegedly available centers is Camby though. He only has 1 yr left too, but he would fit right in defensively and I think he's clever offensively with his ability to pass, occassionally hit that ugly jumper and open up some high low action. Then there's Okafor, Dampier, Haywood, even some reports out there about Thabeet which would just make us scary.

We also have 2 1st rd picks this yr (from PHX in the 07 Kurt Thomas trade). So if Phx falls out of the playoffs, we might be able to do something with that pick, though I don't like any bigs in college right now to take them lottery. I could leave with Pittman if he's around with our own pick which is going to be mid 20s and shows he can stay in shape.

Thabeet for Green

He is my fav. type of player, does a little bit of everything.. And most importantly, plays D

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

laugh.gif
@ OKC trading Russ... Not gonna happen

Back
Top Bottom