How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

Yeah, I have. Not enjoying this season that much. But I only caught up on the series last year and didn't watch it live week to week for years like a lot of people. So maybe I'm used to being able to skip ahead to a new episode immediately if I was disappointed with the last one. I'll still stick it out til the end.

it's funny how self involved ted, robin, and barny are... i mean their friends JUST got a baby and they still want counseling from them
marshal and lily have their own lives to worry about now, grow the frack up and make decisions for yourselves

and to me it's kinda important to at least see the mother
chances are the first scene we got for this season will be the last scene of the season :rolleyes
2 fracking seasons to go through ONE day...

Yeah this is getting a bit too old to me now. Lily and Marshall were the wild card to the others. Now Jason is just tired and bit lazy Allison doesn't look hot like she used too.
Only thing is cobie and Ted new girl.
NPH is sill good.
Bring back the limo driver.

Watched every episode over the course of 3 weeks. Got tired of trying to catch on by watching the random syndications on different channels. Glad I finally caught up and know the story line.

I'd say we have to find out who the mother is. All the times she's been hinted at throughout the different seasons... I'd be pissed if they just ended it by covering her face with the umbrella.

On a side note, I know I can't be the only one who wants to enter the world of wearing suits because of Barney. :lol:

Watched every episode over the course of 3 weeks. Got tired of trying to catch on by watching the random syndications on different channels. Glad I finally caught up and know the story line.

I'd say we have to find out who the mother is. All the times she's been hinted at throughout the different seasons... I'd be pissed if they just ended it by covering her face with the umbrella.

On a side note, I know I can't be the only one who wants to enter the world of wearing suits because of Barney.
laugh.gif
No you are not. If I could do it I totally would. Freshest TV character EVER

this past episode they dicked around for 20 mins, then it randomly turned into a serious episode, which has been the trend for the past 3 seasons.....only this time they didn't mention the mom AT ALL....why does ted feel he has to tell his kids about LILLY and MARSHALL's decision of who the godparents are???? this is what i HATE about this show, they cornered themselves from the beginning with the title of this show and the plot line, so when they step out of that it's just stupid. This isnt a big bang theory, LOST, breaking bad, or entourage where they can deviate from the main plot, and they think everyone will be fine with it, because even when those shows do that, it still all makes sense in the end or it doesn't but it's still pretty cool.....there is a list of episodes where in the end of this show they will not account for any of the stupid plotlines they have given us.
-slutty pumpkin
-the goat
-the one where J LO guest starred
-robin and ted have their first fight
-marshall losing his pass key to find out if he passed the bar
-slapsgiving
-the zoe saga
-chick from scrubs dumping him at the altar
-sexless innkeeper

let's not forget rachel bilson was the mom's roommate in college, is she returning when he meets the mom??? if not then there was no point in mentioning her AT ALL

those are just off the top of my head and maybe some weren't main plots, but they are pointless.

I met my fiancee' at work. dating for 6 years then proposed. Why the hell would i tell my kids about the women before??? I don't even tell wifey that?? I'd start the story of how we met, where we met, what we thought of each other.

You think when we met each others friends and fam and they asked how we met, you think i'm gonna start the story with me and my friend living in an apartment together with his girlfriend, who calls off their wedding then get back together?? or talking about EVERY chick i've ever been interested in and dated and how I felt about them?? I bet they'd really enjoy the story of me being a wingman for my womanizing friend and going out and bagging girls all the time or when i dated married woman and she got divorced because of me.

too bad barney and robin can't have children.....since we KNOW their love story and if barney told us the story how they met, it would make alot more sense then what they are trying to do with ted....

if the twist in this show is ted's wife has died or he is divorced then i will be satisfied at this point, but just meeting the mom is not enough for me.

-victoria's hair is horrible, how they gonna make her look ugly, man in the season finale last year and when she came on the show earlier she was fine:smokin

-victoria's hair is horrible, how they gonna make her look ugly, man in the season finale last year and when she came on the show earlier she was fine:smokin
She has a weird Klingon looking nose

This show should've ended years ago. I like it a lot but it is a drag. Makes sense Jason is jumping ship. Long *** tease about the mother ended up taking away from the quality of the show. After the 1st 4 seasons they really made it seem like each ep Ted was a handful of eps away from meeting the one.

No. And they're coming back for one more season so there's a chance we won't find out this season

How would you guys want it to end? Just at meeting the mother or a while of getting to know the mother?

How would you guys want it to end? Just at meeting the mother or a while of getting to know the mother?

No. And they're coming back for one more season so there's a chance we won't find out this season
I hope the season ends with them meeting and Bob Saget saying 'the line' 'thats how I met your mother' etc, then cut to black and end the season
then next season they have a full season of episodes to explore how it came to be and how Ted realized she was the one and the courtship and all that

I hope the season ends with them meeting and Bob Saget saying 'the line' 'thats how I met your mother' etc, then cut to black and end the season
then next season they have a full season of episodes to explore how it came to be and how Ted realized she was the one and the courtship and all that

Pretty much.

Bob has to say it all slow and dramatic. "And kids... That's how I met... Your mother" :lol:

I'd personally like to find out in the season finale, then have the final season be about her... it's been such a build up I won't really care if they meet her and then the show ends. I'd find out what she looks like and that's it. Actually showing her character over the course of a season would be interesting.

I just wish they'd give us some episodes with SUBSTANCE instead of all this daggumm filler.

I just wish they'd give us some episodes with SUBSTANCE instead of all this daggumm filler.
they can give me all the filler they want, as long as the keep giving us them cliffhangers/teasers of Ted's future wife 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom