How important is high school? ??

You a cool lil Belgium cat

Don't know why you catch so much flack.

Young Belj

:pimp:
Shoutout to all of y'all :pimp:
Pro-tip: Studying right before you sleep is a great trick. Studies have proven you remember much more when you study right before going to sleep at night. Worked great for me.

I would say that all schools important. Not crushing it in high school severely lowers your chances of acceptance, scholarships, etc etc and college you're paying for it. To pay tens of thousands of dollars potentially and not walk out with a B average at the minimum is wasteful to me.

Employers are still out here pulling your high school GPA when you're ten plus years removed from high school. It matters

Nah

Just looked it up and they dont eem have real grades in belgium smh. People in the niet geslaagd group going into the top universities?

Need to move to belgium
Niet geslaagd means failure so no, they have to do the exam or year they failed again
High school diplomas don't mention grades but report cards you get in hs do. Those report cards can't be accessed by employers though.
All my hs diploma says is "met vrucht geslaagd" which means I passed with a total average between 60-70%. I'm not entirely sure what my total exactly was when I graduated. I think 64%. Just under the average, had been slacking that year.

Last edited:
I would say that all schools important. Not crushing it in high school severely lowers your chances of acceptance, scholarships, etc etc and college you're paying for it. To pay tens of thousands of dollars potentially and not walk out with a B average at the minimum is wasteful to me.

Employers are still out here pulling your high school GPA when you're ten plus years removed from high school. It matters

Nah
But I just had it happen ten months ago....

Last edited:
^ what do you do?  cia agent?

i have never heard from anyone i know that they pulled high school grades.

When you go from elementary to middle school, no one cares about your elementary grades anymore

When you go from middle to highshool, no one cares about your middle school grades anymore

When you go from high school to college, no one cares about your high school grades anymore

When you go from college to the real world, no one cares about your college grades anymore
These last two points are not true. Your college grades matter until you're about five years post grad and even then there's still a chance they get pulled.

Like I said employers are still pulling high school and college GPAs

All of this, other than HS being referenced by employers years later.

3.41 in HS, did track/CC at the same time. Every day up at 5am and back home at 5:30pm due to practice and the distance from my school. Had a lot of fun even with how difficult subjects were sophomore and junior year

Last edited:
VP of a major drone company probably. I've heard drone companies do very extensive background checks. That ***** not a ******* game. :lol:

Last edited:
So the girl in the OP graduated from Cienega in a small town outside Tucson called Vail, AZ. Because she graduated with a 2.0, she is not eligible to go to any of the universities here in AZ.

Her only choice will be to go to Pima Community College (where she will need to do very well to transfer to a uni) Definitely not the end of the world, but put herself at a disadvantage from the get go.

Last edited:
When I applied to the University of Arizona, the minimum GPA requirement was a 3.0 straight out of HS (I'm pretty sure they lowered it to a 2.75 in recent years). I had to work really hard my senior year to pull myself up to that 3.0 mark to get accepted.

VP of a major drone company probably. I've heard drone companies do very extensive background checks. That ***** not a ******* game.
laugh.gif
word to get a job in that industry you need a 3.5 in both HS and college, fluid hips and a durango 

I had a 3.56 GPA in High School(with some trying), played football and was on the National Honor Society. At this point in my life, I just wanted to put myself in a decent advantage to get scholarships, so I definitely think it matters. If you decide to go the community college route (especially if you didn't ball out in HS) you can definitely write some of the wrongs you did in high school if you do well in there. 

Last edited:
High school is just a place where u grow up. Like dude said above, u just gotta know how to sell yourself. If u sell yourself right Noone is gonna, "well we see 12 years ago when u were a 17 year old kid u had a 2.4 GPA explain that". The real lessons u need they don't teach u there.

Graduated with a 2.2x in high school. Ended up graduating college with a 3.5x. Despite ditching a lot in high school, I felt like I learned a lot. My grades just didnt reflect it.

Last edited:
Until the question does come up and you have no real answer for it. It's all pieces of one picture. It does matter to some places and I'd be sick if I got rejected from somewhere because of it.

It's not the end all be all but it's not as meaningless as some of you guys are trying to make it seem either.

Last edited:
I had companies asked for my sat scores, never my hs GPA. I havent had someone ask for college gpa for a min tho but the first couple years, i was constantly asked.

Last edited:
Until the question does come up and you have no real answer for it. It's all pieces of one picture. It does matter to some places and I'd be sick if I got rejected from somewhere because of it.

It's not the end all be all but it's not as meaningless as some of you guys are trying to make it seem either.

i believe you........i just personally never heard that before, serious. an i know successful ppl in life.

The only thing that matters in high school is learning the foundation of every subject. 

I feel my high school grades (pretty good) were much more pertinent to my quality of my life than my college grades (mediocre). I've held a few jobs out of college and none of them asked for my grades. 

I guess being from Silicon Valley is a different world - had a 3.7 GPA and that was only considered decent. Had 32 units of college credit from AP classes as well. I think over 94% of my graduating class went to college..and most of them to either UC schools or to Ivy league. I didn't even realize how insanely tough high school was until I compared it to life after high school. Graduated from university with a 3.2 and went to maybe 5% of my classes. Graduated grad school with a 3.9 (tried very hard there though due to interest).

Still to this day I've never had anything even remotely as challenging as high school. Having 4 AP classes, 3 honors classes, band before school, basketball after school, and homework till 1 am was the norm for all four years pretty much. Summers weren't even a break - we had summer homework lol. Still some of the funnest days of my life though.

i believe you........i just personally never heard that before, serious. an i know successful ppl in life.
Yeah I doubt it happens again but still high school grades are the primary factor in deciding what college you can go to if going to college is something you aspire to do.

Yeah I doubt it happens again but still high school grades are the primary factor in deciding what college you can go to if going to college is something you aspire to do.
HS grades shouldn't affect higher education opportunities imo. 

Back
Top Bottom