How important is RELIGION in a Relationship?

How important is Religion to you in a relationship?
Would you date outside of your religion?
Would your family accept it? Certain religions/families more strict about it than others?

Christians? Muslims? Buddhists? hi?

nerd.gif

I'm agnostic and my woman is Catholic. Doesn't really come up that often, I go to Mass with her every now and again.

I would date outside my religion. If it got to that point we would have to talk about how to raise our kids. I heard the general rule was that they arewhatever the mother is but I don't even remember where I heard that.

As long as we respect each other's opinions and views...I dont care what her religion is

As long as they aren't pushy about it, I don't mind it.
I don't have a religion so yeah..
My family isn't religious at all, so they wouldn't mind.

How important it is solely depends on how open-minded and accepting both of you are. Doesn't matter what religion or non-religion you are. If you'reopen-minded it can work. If you're screaming at each other for sinning or offending or whatever... that's not so good.

I'm an ultra-atheist, and my wife is Christian. Religion issues pretty much never come up -- we both accept and completely respect that both of us havedifferent views. Our parents are also similarly understanding.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by CWrite78

agreed

the NT god's hate me =/

Originally Posted by CWrite78

agreed.

it could be an issue
frown.gif

Im a Christian(Baptist) and my lady is a Jehovah's Witness and our views about heaven and other stuff is completely different so I dnt even bother to talkabout it with her

In general the important thing is if they view religions in the same way I do, even if they are not of the same religion. Someone who is too intense abouttheir religion or intensely opposed to all religion would piss me off.

my dude's baptist & i'm a catholic.. i just don't talk about religion with him because our different views about certain things become issuessometimes.

As long as both people are open minded, there would be no problems
And, yes, i am, and would date outside of my religion

my girl is catholic and im not religious at all.

only problems we've had are when we bring up what if's about the future like marriage (whether its a catholic wedding or not), how we'd raise ourkids (baptism, church, values/morals, etc ...)

other than that its all good but were gonna have to deal with that stuff eventually if its gonna work.

the bigger issue is her mom. She's super catholic and always telling me she'll pray for me and giving me scriptures to read and telling me i have tobecome catholic to be with her daughter and saying its never too late to be baptized and accept jesus and all that BS. She's really pushy about it but mygirl always tells me to ignore it and that it doesnt matter to her so its whatever really. I just humour her mom to make it easier.

religion is silly.
as long as shorty doesnt push her beliefs on me, it's gravy.
my girls a buddhist.. besides deprivin' her child of christmas.. it's been cool so far.

unfortunately this would be the downfall of my relationship...
my bf is heavily religious and i have no set religion... we had the future talk and he won't marry someone that "isn't on the same page" ashimself...

I'm christian(non denomination) and my girl is catholic. It hasn't been a major issue, but I believe in faith more than she does.

Originally Posted by webnerd06

unfortunately this would be the downfall of my relationship...
my bf is heavily religious and i have no set religion... we had the future talk and he won't marry someone that "isn't on the same page" as himself...
Sounds like you should just cut your losses now
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom