How important is saving up for a house to you right now?

U never post anything of substance
EVER
that is because you read my posts with prejudice in mind. however that is not my fault. i think its fair to say, you gravitate to what you want to hear, not something that goes against your like-minded thoughts

Bought my duplex in Southern California in 2016 with FHA loan, ~30k all in.
Moved out last year for work in Bay area. Rent it out and it covers the mortgage and cash flows a couple hunnit. Will be paid off in 15 years
2018 I did a home equity line of credit, it appreciated 150k in 2 years. Took that money out and bought 2 more investment properties out of state.
Got 6 investment properties now, should be financially free when they're paid off in my 40s.

Bought my duplex in Southern California in 2016 with FHA loan, ~30k all in.
Moved out last year for work in Bay area. Rent it out and it covers the mortgage and cash flows a couple hunnit. Will be paid off in 15 years
2018 I did a home equity line of credit, it appreciated 150k in 2 years. Took that money out and bought 2 more investment properties out of state.
Got 6 investment properties now, should be financially free when they're paid off in my 40s.

This is the move man. Any tips on how you chose your properties?

This is the move man. Any tips on how you chose your properties?
Lender told me I can only go up to 500k. I decided I wanted to go multi family. Only 4 places I could afford in Southern California with those 2 criteria to start: LBC, Whittier, LA, Hawaiian gardens.
I went with Hawaiian gardens because there was a clinic I could work at nearby. I walked to work for the 3 years I lived there and saved a lot of time/$ doing that. It's a heavy Hispanic, Working class City that is surrounded by nicer cities. Had some new development houses down the street going for a million+ and that creeped to my area.
For out of state I picked areas where cost of renting is more than a mortgage would cost. I still liked the idea of multi families too. I decided on Ohio and Missouri. Last one I bought was 78k duplex in Ohio. I rent to 2 section 8 tenants (battered women) government pays 698$, tenant pays 22$/MO for 1 unit. Other unit is section 8 with similar numbers. I get 1450$ in rent, mortgage is 600$ on a 15yr loan

Lender told me I can only go up to 500k. I decided I wanted to go multi family. Only 4 places I could afford in Southern California with those 2 criteria to start: LBC, Whittier, LA, Hawaiian gardens.
I went with Hawaiian gardens because there was a clinic I could work at nearby. I walked to work for the 3 years I lived there and saved a lot of time/$ doing that. It's a heavy Hispanic, Working class City that is surrounded by nicer cities. Had some new development houses down the street going for a million+ and that creeped to my area.
For out of state I picked areas where cost of renting is more than a mortgage would cost. I still liked the idea of multi families too. I decided on Ohio and Missouri. Last one I bought was 78k duplex in Ohio. I rent to 2 section 8 tenants (battered women) government pays 698$, tenant pays 22$/MO for 1 unit. Other unit is section 8 with similar numbers. I get 1450$ in rent, mortgage is 600$ on a 15yr loan
Have you had any problems with tenants not paying or destroying your property?

I think what should be considered is your endgame.
1) Do you want to own a house in the end?
2) How much do you need to save to comfortably maintain it?
3) How much are you willing to sacrifice to save money?
4) Do you want to rent and save 7ntil you can stop working and do what you want in life?

Just some questions I think should be answered before deciding to live somewhere you aren't as comfortable to save some coin. Or maybe you are comfortable in less typical quarters. No one should judge imo.

ryda421 ryda421

Have you ever considered putting Ninja on ignore? Seems like that wod be the best option, but I think you like going at him the way you do. Pat Beverley type of full-court pressure.

Have you had any problems with tenants not paying or destroying your property?
Yes, had a eviction last year cause he wasn't paying. Cost like 700$ if I remember correct for all legal fees and what not as well as not getting rent for that unit.
I haven't had any tenants purposefully destroy property, but people don't take care of the place like it's their own. I had a lady get startled by a deer and hit the accelerator instead of the brakes busting through the garage.

Can do insurance claims and/or tax deduction. A rental is a business, so any expenses you incur for your business is tax deductible

Back
Top Bottom