How long can you keep a shoe DS before its too late to wear em?

The only problem i have with wearing my ds j's after a while is watching them crease and yellow. If you pay $ for em you might as well just wear them rightaway

Quick question guys, I'm planning to get some DS OG AJXII Playoffs, but I'm kinda on the fence on getting them because I had OG AJXIIs (taxis andwhite/red) as a kid and the plastic part where the word "jumpman" cracked after a few years of wear. I just want to know if I could still wear atwelve year old shoe on a regular basis. Thanks!

btw, the AJXIIs im planning to buy looks like it was stored properly because it doesn't have any yellowing whatsoever.

like i got shoes from 03 that i havent even tried on, but i got shoes i bougth on saturday and already wore them on sunday...lol...

I have a few pairs of old Answers on ice from the Reebok Iverson line, and they're in absolutely perfect condition.

I only have DS shoes to make sure I always have a pair of a certain model to ball in down the line. I've ruined several pairs of Qs and Answer IVs and Kobe1 (my favorite lineup), so I have a few pairs in the closet waiting for the old pairs to die to come into the rotation. Obviously the Jordan shoes are prettycheaply made, but if you have a good shoe you can keep it around for a few years and you'll be fine.

Matter of fact I just broke in a pair of Answer IVs the other day to ball and it was like I just copped them.

(Oh and a word to the wise - some cats keep the little desiccate packs [the ones that say "DO NOT EAT" and are used to remove moisture] around theirshoes to keep the soles icy or whatever, but that's a HUGE mistake with leather shoes. Because leather needs have some moisture, drying out leather is theworst thing you can do to it)

It varies from shoe to shoe and how you store them.

If it's a shoe that isn't prone to crumbling and kept in low humidity, they can last a LONG time.

Back
Top Bottom