How loud do you listen to your music? Vol: My ears are ringing

Loud enough to zone out shorty's screaming while I'm giving her the business
pimp.gif

cant help it being a dj, expose to high levels a lot a lot... i zone out to my music tho so it's always above normal..
ohwell.gif

I damaged my ears at a young age...I mean I'm only 20, and I got some hearin' loss in my left ear. I still listen to my music loud, but nowhere near asloud as I used to. It's bad because I use earbuds for the iPod, so the sound is goin' directly to the drum, beatin' the @#*)% out of it. And as faras the computer speakers or in the car, it's always loud...except for R & B and Soul. That's only about 25% of the time tho

Pretty damn loud, before class starts and if i'm there a little early i see peeps looking at me knowing its my loud earphones cause there usually on fullblast.

My ears are jacked up already, but i LOVE MY SHURES head set, best set of of ear phones i ever bought, special when im on the bus or at the library when itsloud, noise cancellation > *

damn, i just realized why people always have to say @@%$ twice to me now.

my car bumps SUPER hard and i always take it to the limit, it need to tone it down now that i realize what im doing

i was checkin that chart with the decibel levels, how loud can ipod earbuds get cause thats what im always listenin to?

^ Seems like your worried.

I dont think the slight ringing is anything to worry about, just stop listening on full blast, and you'll be good.

I have my headphones on basically 80% of the 24hour day. (Walking to class, while I am at my computer, After class, and when I go sleep. Even if i am driving Ijust connect my ipod and just blast it.)

As far as volume is concerned, it all depends on the type of song... But who cares
laugh.gif
I doubt I will use headphones after college.

i stay around 50-60%

when i was like 16 i used to have em on full blast but i need to be able to hear when im older.

well..i've got 2 12's so i keep my music pretty loud for the bass

the volume goes up to like 62..but i keep it around 53

Originally Posted by belle155

i was checkin that chart with the decibel levels, how loud can ipod earbuds get cause thats what im always listenin to?

I pulled this off of a site selling fans.

Use it in comparison to the exposure chart I posted earlier.

chart-62db_noise.jpg

Other charts I browsed through had unpractical data, like sheet metal factories in the midwest.

For the most point, it's accurate... except for threshold of pain, which typically starts @ 140dB.

Actually, here's a better chart:

061120-db-chart.gif

It's all human nature though. When we like a song, we tend to knock it louder...

I stopped all of that though, when I chose to take Recording Arts/Audio Engineering as my career.

A fun fact:

Statistically, minorities have better hearing... but Asians, all the more, have a higher limit in hearing range of frequencies.

But generally, women have significantly better hearing than men, although there's not enough women in the Audio/Music Industry.

But on the whole, it's all up to you individually...

If you don't mind going deaf early, then you don't have to follow these charts.

I'm just givin' a heads up.

Aside from the fact that my ears are my career,

I don't wanna be that annoying uncle, having my nephews/nieces repeat themselves more than twice.

I listen to my psp 2 notches below the max, but the psp's earbuds doesn't get too loud anyways.

Back
Top Bottom