How many shoes do JB athletes in the NBA go through per season?

and what happens to the shoes after they're through being used by the player?

I know Ray Allen has taken to giving his old J's away around Boston, but what about everyone else?

Depending on the player and how bad they wear their shoes.
I forgot the actual numbers but after they are done wearing them, i suppose they can do whatever with them.

Sneakernews.com or nicekicks.com did a write-up months ago about the whole player-exclusive situation. DJ Augustin was interviewed. Certain pairs never evenmake the court. I have some pe's that I was very fortunate to get my hands on & need more in a size 16 so I'll keep hunting. Just wish I had betterconnects cuz I've been wearing J's for over 20 years so I need a break from JB. Chasing PE's & limiteds takes alot of time...

Good question.

If I was an NBA player I wouldn't want put on a new pair every game though.

Because most of the time you have to break the shoes in to your comfort but I'm guessing other players it doesn't really bother them that much

well i was read that nike give player 36 home and 36 away shoes over the season. i dont think that this include special sneakers e.g. xmas day game andthanksgiving. i assume JB does the same.

They put a whole lot of stress on the kix on a single game. So I'm guessing a new pair every game.

I'm guessing 82 and then additional for playoffs, if needed

On a side note: Because of Michael Jordan, NBA players now have it REAL NICE as far as getting new pairs every game. Jordan was the only cat that would wear anew pair every game, while the rest of the players would wear there shoes for more than a few games. Once word got out that Mike wore a new pair, now it'sa requirement to get new shoes. Crazy ain't it?!

Originally Posted by mikew25

they gotta go threw more than 130+
how? 82 game season... most players probably wear a new shoe everyday, wear a brand new pair for practice to break them in a little and wear thesame ones for the game.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

how? 82 game season... most players probably wear a new shoe everyday, wear a brand new pair for practice to break them in a little and wear the same ones for the game.

well, some might want to wear new pairs for games, new pairs for practice, playoffs, and we're not even talking about preseason/summer league. 130 soundsabout right maybe 150 if its a good team that has a long playoff run.

Originally Posted by 16assassin

Sneakernews.com or nicekicks.com did a write-up months ago about the whole player-exclusive situation. DJ Augustin was interviewed. Certain pairs never even make the court. I have some pe's that I was very fortunate to get my hands on & need more in a size 16 so I'll keep hunting. Just wish I had better connects cuz I've been wearing J's for over 20 years so I need a break from JB. Chasing PE's & limiteds takes alot of time...

yea found this interview here is what he says

Nice Kicks: How does the process go for the shoes you wear on the court? Do you get to choose what shoes you want to wear or does Jordan Brand sendyou what they want you to wear in hopes of advertising a shoe that is on the market?

D.J. Augustin: At the beginning of the season, Jordan Brand sends you a package. In that package, you receive four shoe models. If you like them, they send you 10 pairs of each model to wearthrough February. After the All-Star break, Jordan Brand gives you two more models with 10 pairs of each to finish out the season. They let you practice inthem and if you like them they will give you more. If you do not like the shoes they give to you, then they will give you something else to try. Basically,Jordan Brand wants to make u comfortable and make you feel good. They also give you the choice to have your personal logo, your name and/or your jersey numberon the shoes. First, they show it to you on paper and if you like the shoe that is when they send you the package

^^^ Good research... I'll take a PE over general releases or limiteds any day... Guess that's really the only good thing about wearing a 16 besidesgetting the occasional bargain here and there. Can't believe how many people work directly for Nike & Jordan Brand & don't have HALF thepassion I do for the shoe game...

I don't know Jordan Brand but I met Andre Iguodala and he gave me his hyperdunks and he said he switches every two games.

Jordan is VERY generous with their Alotment of kicks... with Nike Basketball it depends on your Contract.. depending if its Product only or if you have a CashContract you could end up ordering as many kicks as you want and you end up paying Cost for them.

Since just ANYONE 'twear Jordans in the league they do things a little differently. Jordan Brand will actually send a cease and desist letter to some guyswho wear their Product on Court.

True story.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Jordan is VERY generous with their Alotment of kicks... with Nike Basketball it depends on your Contract.. depending if its Product only or if you have a Cash Contract you could end up ordering as many kicks as you want and you end up paying Cost for them.
Since just ANYONE 'twear Jordans in the league they do things a little differently. Jordan Brand will actually send a cease and desist letter to some guys who wear their Product on Court.
True story.
i was waiting for u to come in a drop that good knowledge
smile.gif

i wonder how it would feel to get that letter saying..... "Chillllllll... stop wearing jordans u mop!!!!!"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

how? 82 game season... most players probably wear a new shoe everyday, wear a brand new pair for practice to break them in a little and wear the same ones for the game.

No, some players go through 2 pairs of shoes in a game.

Back
Top Bottom