How much $$$ are niche blogs making? hypebeast, mashkulture, nicekicks, sneaker obsession?

I was wondering how much some of these blogs are making? Anyone have a clue? Or even niche blogs in general? There are numerous ones for each and every subjectwith income from selling ad space, google adsense, and then affiliate programs.

You've got the sneaker/fashion blogs for example: hypebeast, mashkulture, sneakhype, nicekicks, sneakerobsession, myairshoes

I know hypebeast and nicekicks are doing well as they have a large staff on each.

Anyone have some good info on niche blogs and how much they make or charge from ads? Personal experience? etc. I could imagine things like video games, womensfashion, celeb news are crazy numbers.

correct me if i'm wrong.. but wasn't Hypebeast started by some regular on the Retro Forums as a joke?

Originally Posted by dustblaaze

I use to work for HypeBeast. I was pulling in $200k/yearly.

I don't know if he is telling the truth but a blog can lead to different opportunities and those opportunities can lead to big bucks.

I run a blog and... before being banned from Adsense (
laugh.gif
) i was making 'maybe' $150 a check. I can imagine having big traffic and making a lotmore. But not $200k as someone said...

I'm in the process of creating a website right now (25 stacks). It will basically be a blog aboutfinance with an emphasis on trading. I'm a finance major who day trades and I feel like there are a lot of people who either provide macro commentary onthe overall market (like www.zerohedge.com)or very small, incomplete niche that's extremely gimmicky (www.timothysykes.com). Zero Hedge has adsense andthey have about 500,000 unique visits a month. I don't know how much that adds to their bank account but they're not really in it for the money.Timothy Sykes makes a lot of money. I've heard of him making as much as 400,000 a month. He provides very different types of services (trading DVD's, aservice that provides stock picks for a monthly fee, other educational stuff, etc.).

I'm hoping to run a blog that focuses on intraday trading. After I get up a following, I'll begin to monetize it by providing analytics and research aswell as other tools to help traders. I'm basically going to try to provide the same research I gather for my own trading. I'm not really in it for themoney but I'd like to supplement my income if possible. I want to avoid making it seem like I'm money hungry though so for the first couple of months,everything will be free.

Wow sounds promising kicksfiend.

Can't wait till i turn 18 so i can get into investing.....

In the spanish market, for each 750 visitors a day you make 1$ out of AdSense... That's the basic rule of thumb but it all depends on the niche and the CPCthe theme of the blog has...

I have two blogs (soyseries.com and soyfutbolamericano.com) and the TV one is going really well but the football one doesn't works on the spanish/latinmarket, not too much fans out of it...

That 1$ a day thing is just out of AdSense, then you have the direct advertisement, that add upss 150$ a month just on my TV blog...

Basically those are my numbers, so with a site like NiceKicks that has, maybe, 70k visitas a day, you do the math....

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

I'm in the process of creating a website right now (25 stacks). It will basically be a blog about finance with an emphasis on trading. I'm a finance major who day trades and I feel like there are a lot of people who either provide macro commentary on the overall market (like www.zerohedge.com)or very small, incomplete niche that's extremely gimmicky (www.timothysykes.com). Zero Hedge has adsense and they have about 500,000 unique visits a month. I don't know how much that adds to their bank account but they're not really in it for the money. Timothy Sykes makes a lot of money. I've heard of him making as much as 400,000 a month. He provides very different types of services (trading DVD's, a service that provides stock picks for a monthly fee, other educational stuff, etc.).

I'm hoping to run a blog that focuses on intraday trading. After I get up a following, I'll begin to monetize it by providing analytics and research as well as other tools to help traders. I'm basically going to try to provide the same research I gather for my own trading. I'm not really in it for the money but I'd like to supplement my income if possible. I want to avoid making it seem like I'm money hungry though so for the first couple of months, everything will be free.
I'm doing the same concept kinda..but with Custom Sneakers @www.paintorthread.com....of course its a lot more niche than even what your site will be about. But I'll hope to be morethan just a blog its been...have how to, videos, tshirts, shop, contests...etc. Its been 10 months since I started and now its time to take web design to aprofessional. I still have not made much of nothing except a bit over the costs for hosting, domain name.

So if anyone has some web design suggestions spit em out!

thanks...but I think its terrible...its gotten by so far but time to flip the switch on.

[h4]hypebeast.com Estimated Worth $637742.6 USD[/h4]
[table][tr][td]Daily Pageview[/td] [td]290390[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daily Ads Revenue[/td] [td]$873.62[/td] [/tr][/table]
eek.gif

Huey P...

If you look up those sites that you listed then you look up our site, Niketalk, you'd see that Niketalk has way way more visitor's to this site and waymore views and all that, but those little sneaker websites make way more than we do here... why is that?

I'm gonna make a blog.. about what.. i don't know yet.. why? because $10 a month is better than nothing

Back
Top Bottom