How much can you bench?

Originally Posted by Durden7

ive never tried this...i just regular pyramid or do like 5x5 type training usually.

ive heard its good for breaking plataeus though, doing a lot of sets of reverse pyramid training

do you do it a lot? any info on it?

btw keep at it, when you get to 3 plates it's a great feeling

Ive been doing rev pyramind sets for a few months now. I love it.

With the way the body is designed, its most effiecnt to work out this way. I dont think ill ever go back to the other forms of lifting (besides straight sets).

I do a set of: 8,8,6,15(drop set), 6

I go heaviest on the 1st set in the 15 drop set. I get REAL tired at that point. I dont take but maybe 10 seconds rest after each set. I was cutting before this routine, and now Ive been going heavy (starting the 3rd week now). Each week I have added at least 10 pounds to my bench (doing this specific bench routine only on mondays).

Huh?
i'd be afraid to try this with squats or bench though....i really need to warm up and work up to do heavy weight. i'm trying it next timei do chest though fo sho

6'2 172, I got up 205 yesterday, I was like
eek.gif
because I haven't benched in moths only been doing push ups.

HALF THESE DUDES ARE LYING! I'm 17 152 5'11 and bench 235 max but I go to golds gym and my 24 hour gym a lot and I have a bench at my house. Just keeplifting and eat protein. Try variations to bump u up like towel bench, incline, decline, stuff like that.

5'9.5 , i'm a fatty i weigh about 186 3/4

my last bench workout i did 185 8x (been trying to get to 10 for the longest)

205 2.5 times (.5 spotted half way up)

im trying like hell to be part of the 2 plates club

5'11", 168.
Did 185 lbs 5 times today...by months end I wanna be doing 205 lbs 8 times (the most I ever did on bench back in theday).

6'2 200. My max is probably around 280-290 if I had to guess. I haven't maxed in a long time. I switched up to the 5x5 going heavier with each set afew months ago though and seen some big results. Bench has gone up a lot.

Stopped reading on page 6.
6'1" down to 206lbs. Benched 365 fairly easy after a chest workout.
Since I have yet to film myself performing a max lift, you are just going to have to take my word for it.

Two years ago 5'8'' 250. Bench was 335,squat 455,dl 405. Good ole days.Only thing i'm benching now are mcdoubles and reeses peanut butter cups.

dont know why im contributing to this thread. but 6'1 240 numbers r :
bench : 405
DL: 515
squat: 455

btw alot of ur guys workouts on the bench arnt ways to make big strides and gains. to many sets. about 3 heaaaavy sets, then one drop set afterwards for a burnout. then immediatley jump on incline bench, and do the same. this will fill ur upper chest, but also ull see gains in ur flat bench.. flat bench flys heavy,and incline flys heavy will round the chest out. thats a great chest workout, and youll make huge gains all the way around.. you wont make gains or get big,unless you go big on reps weight wise

5'9'', 220.

330 lbs.

Originally Posted by bwood056

btw alot of ur guys workouts on the bench arnt ways to make big strides and gains. to many sets.
My biggest problem is that I'm not really sure when to stop warming up.

This uncertainty, I believe, keeps me from getting as many legitimate lifting sets in as I can.

Tips, anyone?

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

Originally Posted by ioRound3

I weigh 130-140, depending on scale and my diet at the time...
I bench 220-250, depends if I am maxing out or 1-3 reps...
I try to avoid maxing out b/c it really doesn't prove anything to me, since I play no sports and I just want to be in shape....

and idk about the person who said they are 6' wiegh 150 and bench 200+...maybe possible but I would definately have to see it to believe it...
WTH are you contradicting yourself here. skinny boy

someone 6', weighing 150lbs, and benching 200+ is doubtful...

on the other hand

I am 5'7 weigh 130-140...and can bench 220+ 1/2 reps...
I should have included my height initiailly..
lol btw, I am far from skinny... I eat extremely healthy and workout

Back
Top Bottom