How much do you pay for your haircut? (IG barbers going crazy)

At some point barbers are going to be losing money from people getting less cuts. I'm pushing 6 weeks now for me at this point I might as well wait for mid-March for when I was going to get a retwist to get a cut now.

Went from someone who went once a week, to alternating between cuts and lineups, to every other week, to once a month now once every 2 months.
Word. I be seeing a lot more available appointments than usual at “coveted” times. Once a week is a little excessive but I was on like a 2 week schedule and now it’s like 3-4 weeks :lol:.

I go once a month. Haven’t went every two weeks since childhood.

I see the haircut market near me is starting to correct itself. $65 haircuts and beard are now going for $42. I'm see discounts offered on Booksy by barbers. Plenty of open appointments too. I think these barbers are starting to get they mind right about these prices.

Word. I be seeing a lot more available appointments than usual at “coveted” times. Once a week is a little excessive but I was on like a 2 week schedule and now it’s like 3-4 weeks :lol:.

You know a recession maybe on the way when barbers are starting to cut prices. Money ain't flowing like it was in 2021 and 2022

At some point barbers are going to be losing money from people getting less cuts. I'm pushing 6 weeks now for me at this point I might as well wait for mid-March for when I was going to get a retwist to get a cut now.

Went from someone who went once a week, to alternating between cuts and lineups, to every other week, to once a month now once every 2 months.

I think this is the financially smart thing to do. If you get your haircut twice a month and it's $50, You're looking at $100/month in haircuts. That's two tanks of gas, that's more than I pay for cable and internet, that's more than a phone bill.

They still charging $12 at the Chinese barbershops in Rowland Heights CA.. I give em $15.. the thing is you gotta get the cut on Tues/Wed if you going out on a weekend.. give it a few days for it to grow out a little and then you good lol

My barber was raising his price from $40 to $50 and as a member of the cheapskates thread I had to look for an alternative..

40. That’s including tip. Got long hair so now I’m not going every week or every other week so i guess 40 is not bad. Was about 30 in my short hair days

I know this man personally - he’s out here cutting without a license with full prices. He can cut though :lol:

IMG_4302.png
IMG_4303.png
IMG_4304.png

There's only Jamaican or Dominican spots near me. They all cost 25 bucks before tip and beard line up.
I refuse to pay a penny over 25 bucks. At this point they all try to send me to the open chair or the guy that barely understands English :smh:

My barber of 17 years moved away last July. I had been trying a few different spots since then and thought I found my new regular barber back in March.

1st haircut he gave me was immaculate. Charged me $35 and I gave him $50 told him to keep it and we exchanged numbers.

I go every 3-4 weeks and give around $40 or $45 but since that first cut, they've been steadily getting worse and worse. Last week I went and he didn't even pull out the razor to line me up. Tried to send me out after freehanding my tape with some clippers. Why I gotta ask for the basics?? Didn't spritz me with alcohol either and left the back of my neck raw and stinging.

I gave him $50 and asked for $10 back...he don't got it. Can't break it and the only other barber there can't either. We stood staring at each other for a good ten seconds before I told him forget it.

Anyway, he just called me tonight asking if I could Zelle him some money for an Uber to get home.

So now I'm looking again.

Back
Top Bottom