How much do you think I'd get from AAA for this? Vol.UPDATE - the end result.

I got clipped today while driving through a green light at an intersection. I was going straight in the middle lane (3 lanes) and an old lady on my right was going through her red light making a right. Instead of going into her lane, she drove into my lane and clipped me on the side of my car.

The old lady said her insurance would handle it, and they called me 30 minutes after the accident to tell me that I had 3 choices.

I could go to a shop of my choice and they would work with them, I could look at their list of shops and pick one of those, or I could have them send someone out to check it out and cash me out for what they think is proper for the looks of the outer.

How much do you think AAA would give me if I just decide to take the cash?

I don't think fixing it would be worth it because it's got over 250,000 miles and has paint chips / scratches all over it, but I don't want to take the 3rd option if they're just gonna give me $100 and call it a day.

Any ideas?

EDIT: the door has a dent in it that you can't see from the angle in the picture. All you can see in the pic is the scrapes, paint chips, etc. The dent is pretty decent.
Pic
View media item 557709
Her car in spoiler

Last edited:
Go to a shop and get it fixed. Let them fit the bill.

Talk to your insurance as well.

Go to a shop and get it fixed. Let them fit the bill.

Talk to your insurance as well.
Yeah. The quarter panel and door need paint. That can EASILY get into the $600 dollar neigborhood.

I just saw the bumper. Alot more

Last edited:
You'll have to beat the car a little more to get more money.
You're SOL if she took pictures of said damage.
Let's say your door doesn't open "right" anymore, & you're bumper is not aligned properly that should get you more money...
In all honesty, I've been hit twice & the insurance both times have failed to pay.
I'd be happy with them just taking liability.

if you wanna respray your car, take it to a shop of your choice (look around) willing to work with you and get them to generously estimate and bill insurance then kick in like another 15 

take it to a few shops, work with them on bidding it higher, send it to insurance company, get a check! easy. you got about $1,000 there 

go get an estimate from a shop and that'll give a ballpark range of what you can expect them to give you (except they'll probably give you less anyway). with that being said, might as well just get it fixed unless you wouldn't mind riding around in a busted up car like that. car may have a lot of miles, but unless you're getting rid of it in the near future, I think it'd be better than driving around like that permanently.

The insurance company said that I can get an estimate for the damages at a shop, send in the invoice of the estimate, they'll send the quote to their vendor team to get it approved, and send me a check for the estimate.

Anybody hear of this being done?

I called a shop and he said that they're AAA certified, but he's never heard of that happening before. :nerd:

The insurance company said that I can get an estimate for the damages at a shop, send in the invoice of the estimate, they'll send the quote to their vendor team to get it approved, and send me a check for the estimate.

Anybody hear of this being done?

I called a shop and he said that they're AAA certified, but he's never heard of that happening before. :nerd:

Might as well do this..

I once got a $1600 check from State Farm for a car I paid $750 for. Way less damage too. They gave me the same options and I picked the location of their body shop in one of the nicest neighborhoods I could find and when they quoted me I told them I'd just take the check and get it fixed on my own. To this day I still don't know how I got away with getting them to give me $1600 for my beater.

i had a adjuster come out give me a quote from a local shop that covered the persons insurance 

what i did before was get quotes myself and showed him the highest one. so the check would be more my damage was $1600 (high) the adjusters estimate was $1010. i some how ended up getting a check for $1600. i ended up getting my car fixed for 400 from a friends friend that does body work. 

Tell the shop (of your choice) to add extra costs and to give you a cut of the profit for bringing them the business. Get it fix and a little cash in your pocket win win. Gotta know someone that knows someone type of deal.

Got it estimated at 2 shops today.

The first shop was a regular shop in my home area, and they quoted me $3,700.

The second shop was a Mercedes Benz Authorized Shop in town, and also a AAA "direct repair" shop.. their quote was $2,200.

Wow...$3,700 for THAT?

crazy...I guess just have them fix it and have her insurance cover it.

Don't listen to any of these fools telling you to create more damage or tell the repair shop to give a higher estimate and tell them to give you a cut "for bringing them the business"...:smh: :lol:

I'd take it to the authorized Mercedes place and let them repair it.

take it to your local shop or some shop you know

get them to quote you on the higher end of the damage but also reasonable so the insurance will believe you

let your insurance work with their insurance send em all the documents showing the damage estimate

and her insurance will just write you a check within the damage estimate

Wow...$3,700 for THAT?

crazy...I guess just have them fix it and have her insurance cover it.

Don't listen to any of these fools telling you to create more damage or tell the repair shop to give a higher estimate and tell them to give you a cut "for bringing them the business"...:smh: :lol:

I'd take it to the authorized Mercedes place and let them repair it.
Done it before and got $500 in my pocket after I got it fixed so it worked for me and wanted to share the experience.

UPDATE:

AAA confirmed it the other day.. they have sent me a payment of $3,679.00 as a cash-settlement for the accident. Should be in this coming week. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom