How much money do you save per month NT?

1200 per pay period.

Still gotta pay regular bills. And contribute to my 401 roth/457 about 17%

So OT becomes mandatory at that point , forces me to save. Trying to save for that first investment property.

started earlier this year but fell off track. new goal is to save 200 a month at the least and extra when I can

I haven't saved in a year aside from 10% auto from paycheck I put aside past 8 years. Quit that job in April though. All profits reinvested in my company which I own outright. I stay broke on paper except $75k emergency fund and retirement savings. I don't trust having more than $10k in the bank. They won't let you take out more than $10k cash without questioning you any way so it's pointless. Just stay with cash. Was just offered $1M for my company and declined :smile:

I go zero savings. Moving countries twice within two years can leave a hole in the pocket smh

I haven't saved in a year aside from 10% auto from paycheck I put aside past 8 years. Quit that job in April though. All profits reinvested in my company which I own outright. I stay broke on paper except $75k emergency fund and retirement savings. I don't trust having more than $10k in the bank. They won't let you take out more than $10k cash without questioning you any way so it's pointless. Just stay with cash. Was just offered $1M for my company and declined :smile:

:lol:

The thing is, I will be unemployed during my last semester of grad school because it's intensive and 5 days a week. So the issue is, should I take out a loan just to cover that last semester and use my savings to cover my expenses? I'm still trying to figure that out.

What are you studying?

1200 per pay period.

Still gotta pay regular bills. And contribute to my 401 roth/457 about 17%

So OT becomes mandatory at that point , forces me to save. Trying to save for that first investment property.

That's a good chunk. What do you do for work?

Depends on how I'm looking at things. Since I'm maxing it out I try and forget it in most cases. Just accept that it's a part of my life and something I will do forever at every job going forward.

I don't say I'm saving 1,500$ a month cause I'm maxing out my 401k. It feels somewhat disingenuous.

Why? The topic that OP posted is about the amount u will earn ..from ur savings/investments..401k/Roth whatever u have is a critical factor..

I kno what ur saying..but I'm referencing the topic at hand..having cash sit will not really do much from an earning perspective

I get paid every Friday. My checking account is set up to take $150 out every Friday and place it into my savings account, which already takes out a specific amount from my checking every time I swipe my debit card.

I'm thinking about bumping it up to $250 a week if I can afford it. I'm doing this is so that I can hopefully finish my last semester of grad school out of pocket and lessen my student loan debt overall.

The thing is, I will be unemployed during my last semester of grad school because it's intensive and 5 days a week. So the issue is, should I take out a loan just to cover that last semester and use my savings to cover my expenses? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Are u trying to finish school as quickly as possible? Would u be able to take a semester or maybe two off to earn and save as much as possible..then take out a small loan? The funds u saved will alleviate the payments on the loan ***Focusing on just school is a great decision for that last semester

Why? The topic that OP posted is about the amount u will earn ..from ur savings/investments..401k/Roth whatever u have is a critical factor..

I kno what ur saying..but I'm referencing the topic at hand..having cash sit will not really do much from an earning perspective
I just think it's unfair in my specific case. If I included my 401k contributions in my annual "Save X" targets I would hardly need to save anything cause of the 401k contributions.

^props for maxing..if u only did that u would be fine..u do Roth IRA as well??

I'm starting my Masters part time in September. $3600USD for one paper. I don't even :frown: I can't even get student loan for it cause I'm not American.

These money issues got me stressed daily

I'm starting my Masters part time in September. $3600USD for one paper. I don't even :frown:I can't even get student loan for it cause I'm not American.

These money issues got me stressed daily

Are you the dude who came to Boston? Where are you enrolled and what are you studying?

Are u trying to finish school as quickly as possible? Would u be able to take a semester or maybe two off to earn and save as much as possible..then take out a small loan? The funds u saved will alleviate the payments on the loan ***Focusing on just school is a great decision for that last semester

Yeah I'm trying to finish school as soon as ****ing possible lol.

Long story short I'm kind of on a crash course to develop the fundamental skills necessary to succeed in the realm I'm trying to enter.

Saving 1k a month after tax.

Roughly 400 pre tax.

Looking to double that next year. Start school in one month, grad school is $....

Back
Top Bottom