How much sleep does a person need?

I need 8hrs to be cheery and well rested.

Usually get 6-7 hrs 

Anyone notice when sometimes you get like 4hrs of sleep it seemed longer,like 8? 

That happen to me and I feel well rested for some reason.

I absolutely need 8 to function normally during the day. Less than that and I'm tired as ****. :x

I remember them summers though when I would get 10-12. :pimp:

I need 8hrs to be cheery and well rested.

Usually get 6-7 hrs 

Anyone notice when sometimes you get like 4hrs of sleep it seemed longer,like 8?
That happen to me and I feel well rested for some reason.

It last a few hours but when you hit that midday wall:x

I used to be fine on 5 hours asleep when i was in HS and i was doing a lot of things like football & way extra homework and **** :smh:

i got less stuff going on now and no way i could do 5 hours daily i need like 7 :\

Last edited:
i try to go to sleep around 9:30 pm but dont fall asleep til later and set my alarm for 3:30 am. sometimes i wake up before then about 3 am.

i get to work earlier 6-2 pm most days. sometimes 5-1 pm if im working from home.

i also take a commuter bus so i usually pick up 40 or so mins on that ride.

Last edited:
maybe this will help

View media item 322471
But i usually get around 7ish. I try to get to bed around 10 and im up at 5am every day. But a lot of times i only get 5 or 6 hours. I can't sleep on the weekends that well either since il be in bed at like 2-3am and up by 7 or 8. But i have learned to love afternoon post gym naps on the weekends. So im sure over the course of the week im averaging 6-8hours a week per day.

They've always said 8 hours of sleep is best but I only get 4.5 - 5 hours of sleep during the weekdays and about 7-8 hours on the weekends. 

I hope to one day be able to just wake up when my eyes chooses to open... that great feeling of being completely rested 
smokin.gif

Wake up at 430 every weekday to workout.
Take one 10 minute nap during the morniing.
Take a 20-25 minute nap at lunch.
Take a 10-15 minute nap after my workday is over.
Go to sleep around midnight every day.

Last edited:
I am almost going to be 32 years old and I haven't even snapped out of staying up so late from my college years. I still go to bed roughly around 1-2am at night and wake up around 7am or so. I am averaging about 5-6 hours per day on the weekdays and on the weekends, I'll try and get 7 hours.

ITT, tough guys talk about how they only need 4 hours of sleep. Unless you're taking strategic naps throughout the day, if you're getting less than 6 hours, you're likely not at your peak. I know a lot of people who get a little sleep and then they say "well when I sleep longer I never feel as good", which isn't a great conclusion to draw. Consistently get better sleep and you'll probably feel better with a couple more hours.

Naps are critical, though. I wish it was socially acceptable in this country to nap at work. 

Last edited:
ITT, tough guys talk about how they only need 4 hours of sleep.

thats b.s. We need between 6-8 hours sleep. I average 4.5 and its not enough. Between work, the baby and wife, we need rest to de-stress and think clearly.

3 Things humans need, food, exercise & rest. Deprive any of those 3 and we will not function at our optimum levels.

Back
Top Bottom