How Not to Get an a Job on Wall street vol. Lying on Resume, Fake offer letters

Not sure if this has been posted, but these story has been making rounds around various financial institutions and universities.
Cliff Notes:
  • Dude tried to get an Investment Banking analyst job, got exposed for numerous lies.
  • Dude demanded to stay at the Four Seasons in NYC during his interviews, which is around $700/night
  • His story gets spread all over the internet. All Investment Banks get warned of him in a mass e-mail
  • Internet nerds do more research and further expose him.
Who the hell demands to stay in 5 star hotels, especially for a damn entry-level interview? Dude is probably black listed from every wall street firm andprobably Fortune 500 companies once they catch wind of this story.
2u94kmh.gif

Anyways, enjoy.

http://www.blippitt.com/jeffrey-chiang-job-interview-fail

EDIT: more reputable wall street insiders site:
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/10/jeffrey-chiang-will-be-receivi.php

Moral: Do not lie on your resume or in e-mails to recruiters.

There's always UPS
laugh.gif

Seems fake to me. There is nothing professional about this:

"We have notified UT of this joker's behavior, but needless to say,
this guy shouldn't be able to get a job at McDonalds after a stunt
like this."

Guy had to be Asian?

smh.gif
Stereotypical. Always trying to have the edge.

laugh.gif
at his life. Flipping burgers for the rest of your life, boy.

Oh, and he misspelled "America" in that e-mail, which was a red flag to the folks at Morgan Stanly who were originally thinkingabout hiring him.

this story seems bogus to me I'ma never visit it again but what gave it away was this spelling error

Originally Posted by Derek916

Oh, and he misspelled "America" in that e-mail, which was a red flag to the folks at Morgan Stanly who were originally thinking about hiring him.

this story seems bogus to me I'ma never visit it again but what gave it away was this spelling error

The spelling error that the blogger typed?
eyes.gif

impressive resume if I must say so myself. Actually i have no proof or anything if it is real, but if it isn't, its a good lesson to be learned.
Im inclined to think its real though, because why would a fake story like this be told.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Derek916

Oh, and he misspelled "America" in that e-mail, which was a red flag to the folks at Morgan Stanly who were originally thinking about hiring him.

The spelling error that the blogger typed?
eyes.gif

grin.gif
laugh.gif

i was referencing what the blogger wrote and tried to be funny sorry
ohwell.gif

Damn, if most of the stuff in his resume (which is very impressive) is true then it's gotta suck to watch it all go down the drain
laugh.gif
kinda feel bad forhim tho, but he knew what he was getting into when he started lying.

Lying about getting multiple offers from all those companies
eek.gif
what a crazy web of lies to get caught up with
laugh.gif

I feel bad for the other Jeffrey Chiangs in the world though in a similar field(Seems like a common name among Chinese?) lol

but yeah, I wonder what items are lies on his actual resume because if most of it is for real then it is quite impressive(and a waste)

im sure hes not the only dude to have ever lied on a resume while applying there, no need to flat out embarrass the dude

I talked to my friend who is lightweight familiar with the situation (she's a senior at Cal trying to land an i-banking job.) That resume is bull butapparently most real i-banking candidates have resumes similar to that? I can't imagine people really quadruple-majoring in undergrad.

I would leave the continent if I were him, go somewhere without internet where people won't recognize me. The only thing I believe on his resume is fantasyfootball.

i looking at his resume and it seem EXTREMELY false ( but it could be that im Canadian so our schooling system is not the same as the US)

The University of Texas at Austin May 2010
Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Business Honors Program
Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Finance - Investment Banking Track
Bachelor of Communications, Major: Advertising Honors
Bachelor of Arts, Major: Economics Honors Major
GPA: 3.85 Overall GPA: 3.63
Harvard Business School (1 of 63 undergraduates in the U.S. selected / 1,100 Applicant pool)
Summer 2009 MBA Program: Summer Venture in Management Program, Boston, Massachusetts

New York University Winter 2008 Stern School of Business, New York, New York
Overall GPA: 4.0 University of Edinburgh Summer 2007

School of Business Law, Edinburgh,
Scotland Earned High Distinction

Is that even all possible? ive never heard of someone get for degrees at once

Also he went through all this work on his resume but forgot that chinese is not a language

Back
Top Bottom