How often do you call in for work?

How often do you call in for work?
Do you have a bad habit of it or do you usually just stick it through?
If you hate work, what do you do to kill time or keep your mind free?
I've always wondered how people get away with calling in all the time.

I was previously at a job that required you take 2 weeks' vacation and 5 days of personal time off.

Realized I never used any of it for almost a year. Basically took back-to-back-to-back days off before starting my new job.

smokin.gif

Last edited:
Ive never called in at my current employer of 4 years. We need to give 4 weeks advanced to request PTP though.

I get 6 paid sick days plus 3 wks vacation and another week of floaters.

If you dont use em you lose em, im thinkin bout callin in one day to catch a day astros game ya feel me

Last edited:
I'm definitely the king of calling in on random Monday's...

If I was boomin' all Sunday/Sunday night, lost big money gambling on sports, and I wake up Monday not feeling it... I'm shooting my manager that "not feeling well" text.

Yes I'm on salary :pimp:

Last edited:
I get 20 paid days off a year and 13 sick. You can only carry over 30 days year to year. At my job, calling out (or banging in as we call it) isn't frowned upon. I work a 6 on 2 off schedule, with a three day weekend every 5th and 6th week. So I'd usually bang in the day before or after a 3-day weekend to make it 4 and go away like to DR or LA or London. I do this 3 times a year and use sick time. Then I still have ~3 weeks of vacation time to use if I so choose. I try to carry over about 100 hrs (~12 days) annually.

I have unlimited sick days (turns to short term disability after 5 days) and 22 days of PTO. Whenever I can't go in I don't. Absolutely 0 pressure

Once a month or sometimes more.

Or I'll work a half day and make up the time within the pay period.

I have 15 days of PTO, so I pretty much text and say I'm not coming in whenever I feel like it.

Recently I've been taking 1 day a month. I need to slow down because I'm taking off half of december.

I try not to unless I need it, because I have legit migraines. Also try to schedule ahead PTO days.

Once in the last year. I had the flu really bad. Other than that my gig is too chill to call out on

If we talking those "Im just not trying to go in days" bout once every other month. Those are like mental days that I didn't know I needed.

I work 9 hours a day (one 8 hour day) so I get every other Monday off, so no real need to call in tho, I get a break when I need it.

Last edited:
I dont call out, i need my money , i have personal days but if i dont use them i get $100 for each one of them so :smokin

Last edited:
Y'all lucky with unltd sick!

I work for the city. We get 12 sick per yr. Carries over. And something called available vacation allowance.

If you work on a holiday, you can opt to have it on your check. Or bank it.

My first 3 years I had only 2 official vacation weeks. Finally 4 next year. Plus my Overtime can also be banked.

Only sucky part is you have to request the day off a month in advance.

However if you call out right before your day off they frown upon it. Or after your day off

Back
Top Bottom