How often do you get non-buyers on eBay?

Listed some shoes on eBay. Been about 4 days now since auction ended, still no payment. Just hit dude up with another email :stoneface:

But really, how often do you guys get non-paying eBayers?

I used to get them a lot (specifically with shoes). Now, I just do BINs with immediate payment. You just have to price accordingly.

Yeah...when I sell shoes (and I've been selling shoes on ebay for more than 10 years now)...the last two years have been the worst.

I'd say a full 1/3rd of my auctions are non-paying bidders. Unbelievable. And eBay does NOTHING whatsoever to help the situation for sellers.

I would love to start some kind of Union for eBay sellers...talk about gettin screwed on a regular basis.

Buy it now immediate payment required ftw

When I used to do regular auctions though if the buyer was a deadbeat and sold stuff himself I would win his auctions and leave negative feedback saying he's a deadbeat buyer and fraudulent seller since eBay doesn't let sellers leave buyers negative feedback. I did this quite a few times.

Buy it now immediate payment required ftw

When I used to do regular auctions though if the buyer was a deadbeat and sold stuff himself I would win his auctions and leave negative feedback saying he's a deadbeat buyer and fraudulent seller since eBay doesn't let sellers leave buyers negative feedback. I did this quite a few times.
That's pretty clever
laugh.gif

Buy it now with make offer option and with restrictions that they must have some feedback to be able to hit the buy now button.

Yeah...I'm currently dealing with a similar scenario. :smh:
I sold a pair of shoes last week, but the buyer hasn't respond to the invoice since. And to top it off, eBay immediately charged the final value fee albeit the transaction was incomplete.
Thankfully, I was able to successfully sell the shoes on NT. However, I'm still bothered by the damb fee lingering in my account summary. So I decided to go to the resolution center, and open an unpaid item case in hopes of wiping that fee off my account balance.

Last edited:
Just happened to me a few days ago, then you have to wait 4 days to open a case then another 4 days to close it to get your final value fee credit. Ebay is terrible, when my listing are done in the next few days I'm deleting my damb account.

Slightly off topic, but I listed some shoes, and one dude placed a bid

Got a message from a different dude saying he wanted to conduct business directly through paypal

So i cancel the auction, and just deal through paypal since my $$$ wont be on hold for 2 - 3 weeks.

Apparently eBay still sends you an invoice, even if auction wasn't completed.

Just a head up.

I used to get them a lot (specifically with shoes). Now, I just do BINs with immediate payment. You just have to price accordingly.

This.
I get the odd non paying bidder when i accept their best offer, but most times everyone pays.

Knock on wood

eBay has gone down the toilet in the last 2 years. The about of deadbeats on there is ridiculous. Anyways if you get a non-paying bidder, you have to go to their 'Resolution Center' and open up a case. After 7-10 days they'll refund the fees that they charge you but I honestly don't know if they do anything about the buyers. Another downside to this process is that your item is essentially out of commission until the conflict is resolved.

Got a message from a different dude saying he wanted to conduct business directly through paypal

So i cancel the auction, and just deal through paypal since my $$$ wont be on hold for 2 - 3 weeks.

Just a head up.

Yea you just have to tell the buyer to accept to cancel the transaction on ebay and I think you'll get credit back

So lame that ebay has removed the negative feedback. You cant leave that if people dont pay

Last edited:
I use to never get them, but have had a few here and there. The worst ones are the ones that email you with excuses and story's evey day and say they will pay the next day. I fell for that a couple times at fist. On day 4 I file a claim. It use to be a week b4 you could do that :smh: Honestly it should be three days no contact you should be able to file a claim. I think people get caught up in bidding and get over there head and the seller suffers.

Last edited:
when i'm selling a handful of items, at least 50% are non paying bidders. it's ridiculous.

then i have to resort to second chance buyers and open cases and wait for fvf credits.

main reason i've got so much stuff i want to let go but don't try hard enough due to the headaches.

I know this doesn't involve non-buyers but:

They have a new screening process that if you make an offer via message it will flag your message and won't send it... I figured out a way to get around it but wow.... These guys are crooks... They rose their fees again and did this..... :smh:

They have a new screening process that if you make an offer via message it will flag your message and won't send it... I figured out a way to get around it but wow.... These guys are crooks... They rose their fees again and did this..... :smh:

what's the way around it?

crooks is right...they need to do all these horrible things to keep the shareholders happy.

if i wanted to build an alternative to ebay...what kinds of features do you think would be useful?

What? I just sold a few pairs of kicks last week through buyers messaging me.

What? I just sold a few pairs of kicks last week through buyers messaging me.
I'll take a screen shot tomorrow and show you, not sure if it affects the Mobile because I was using a laptop

what's the way around it?

crooks is right...they need to do all these horrible things to keep the shareholders happy.

if i wanted to build an alternative to ebay...what kinds of features do you think would be useful?
to get around it type numbers alphanumeric don't type numbers or put any dollar signs...

As for an alternative just make it how eBay was when it first started it was perfect the way it was before they did all this non-sense...

Just a head up.

Yep, if you end the auction early they charge the final value fee based on the price it was at when you ended it, even if you don't sell it to the highest bidder and just cancel the auction. If there are no bids, they charge you a final value fee based on your starting price. LOL

You can't put email addresses in ebay messages in order to get a payment outside of the auction anymore either.

And start reading your bidders feedback if they are under 20-30. Since they can't leave negative feedback, sellers are leaving positive feedback for users who don't pay but they are indicating that they are a deadbeat bidder. You can cancel their bids and block them before they win your item.

Yep, if you end the auction early they charge the final value fee based on the price it was at when you ended it, even if you don't sell it to the highest bidder and just cancel the auction. If there are no bids, they charge you a final value fee based on your starting price. LOL
I think that's what the foreign broad from CS was trying to explain.

Sticking to BIN if I EVER decide to sell on there again.

Also if you're trying to exchange emails to use paypal, dont respond through your eBay inbox.

use the email inbox (gmail/yahoo/aol) account attached and respond through that.

I think that's what the foreign broad from CS was trying to explain.

Sticking to BIN if I EVER decide to sell on there again.

Also if you're trying to exchange emails to use paypal, dont respond through your eBay inbox.

use the email inbox (gmail/yahoo/aol) account attached and respond through that.

Why?

Back
Top Bottom