How often do you play basketball?

I used to play everyday in high school (7 Years ago) and then came the working life. I've been playing pick up once a week lately and I'm getting my desire to hoop back. I'm thinking about a gym membership soon.

How often do you hoop?

Once a week, in a league. I wish it could be more, but between work and having a young child, I don't have the time.

Not as much as I'd like to. My skill has dimished since I was younger and played more often. Now I can't get to the hole and just jack up jumpshots.

Once or twice a week now. During the school week, at least 3+ times a week. I gotta start pacing myself though, my knees and backs are starting to go 
mean.gif

I'm a short dude but this year I really motivated myself and lost 30 pounds which put me in great shape.. I feel like I really elevated my game and it feels good to be the "suprise" dude that's on the team. In the summer I found myself playing 5-6 days a week, but now that school started it's about 3-4 days. Always room to improve on something.

Used to be every day through college, got pretty good from where I was, but now as the years go by it is harder and harder to find people. I may sign up to a gym just to play with randoms. Really focus on defense now, more fun to me to stop these 'kids'

grew up playing, hs, college, aau. 25 now and get tendonitis in my knees, sucks. i want that kobe surgery lol. when i hit the gym now i focus on weight training and cardio, might hoop or shoot around once a week, once every other week just to keep my rhythm and shot. but i try to space it out, so i dont get to sore, because when i do play, i have the inability to leave the court until i cant walk. end up balling for like 3-4 hours. its addictive. I love the attention, and everybody knows me and they know what i can do, so i like the love they show me when i take it to somebody, now thats really addictive. i love crowds and audiences. the ooh's when you cross somebody or dunk. I've played a handful of seasons in the rec leagues around here, has a bunch of ex-nba players in it (penny, toine walker, monta was supposed to play but idk if he did) so thats always fun.

In the same boat as OP. Used to play everyday in HS and tourneys on weekends. And in Uni, would play every other day and lift. Now that I'm working I've hardly had a chance to play much, but over past two months I've played every other day and it's the greatest thing ever. No matter what kind of day I'm having, once I hit the court, it's the greatest feeling and release ever. Man I wish I was in HS again...

I play every single day now.. I thought I was ok with not playing anymore but I can't do it.. I work and go to Grad school but I make sure I'm playing everyday.  The hardest part is getting back into shape to play your best, having to lose to wack kids is tough to handle at first, especially when you used to be way better than them, but once you make it over that hump its an awesome feeling to be back.

3 - 4x a week LA Fitness OC & LA

Which LA Fitness in LA? I used to be member of the one on LaCienega near Venice, but I never really played pick up there because the gym was too crowded whenever I went. If there is another one where the wait times to play aren't as bad, I'd check it out.

Which LA Fitness in LA? I used to be member of the one on LaCienega near Venice, but I never really played pick up there because the gym was too crowded whenever I went. If there is another one where the wait times to play aren't as bad, I'd check it out.

Closer to OC. Santa Fe Springs Monday & Wednesday. La Habra Tuesdays. Saturday mornings The Block in Orange.

I play every single day now.. I thought I was ok with not playing anymore but I can't do it.. I work and go to Grad school but I make sure I'm playing everyday.  The hardest part is getting back into shape to play your best, having to lose to wack kids is tough to handle at first, especially when you used to be way better than them, but once you make it over that hump its an awesome feeling to be back.
This right here. I'm slowly getting myself back into shape and once I do its gonna be a great feeling! :smokin

If only gyms didnt charge these high *** enrollment/assessment fees. I'm going to join one soon though.

Back
Top Bottom