How old is your Macbook?!

kilroythedon

Supporter
I have a MacBook from Feb. 2007, it has been running well however it makes these loud noises when its on for too long. I replaced the battery one time and I have to get a new replacement one soon. I wouldn't mind getting a new one its just that this one still works but I am taking 18 credits this semester so the last thing I need is for this thing to fail me mid semester. How old are some of your MacBooks?!

my **** from 08 never had problems until this morning

kernal_task was using a lot of ram for no reason

My mac book is a mid 2007. I'm actually trying to buy a new laptop this weekend. Going back to pc I don't have new mac book money. I dropped it in November of 2011 and now the battery can't be charged so I have to keep it on the charger at all times.

Macbook pro thats from Jan 2011, running fine.

Just copped a 13 inch Macbook Air (8GB, I7, 256 SSD)

My mac book is a mid 2007. I'm actually trying to buy a new laptop this weekend. Going back to pc I don't have new mac book money. I dropped it in November of 2011 and now the battery can't be charged so I have to keep it on the charger at all times.
What PC are you thinking about getting? 

bought one in 2009 and don't use it that much as my Sony/asus laptop. Its just laying there and only time its being used is when family/friends come over.
Bout to give the MB it to my little brother for college since he's doing Journalism

Last edited:
What PC are you thinking about getting? 
A Lenovo. I dont feel like spending big money on a laptop anymore when all I use it for is to BS on the internet and maybe word process. All I want is a decent amount of RAM so stuff doesnt move slow and I'm good. They got Lenovos for 3Hunna

early 09. only issue so far was a battery charger dying. currently need a battery replacement though.

Got mine in the summer of '07. It's been awesome, all except for the hard drive going out on me back in '11. It's always awesome to lose 4 years worth of design work from college and afterwards. I wasn't able to get anything off of it >:

I was running a blackbook from 2008 until last year. I didn't treat it so great, so stuff started to go out. It still turns on, but the trackpad(?) doesn't click anymore. I replaced the display and I don't think it was put back properly :lol: :frown:. I am currently on a 13" retina.

Bought mine in January 2012, but it's a late 2011 model.  Works fine, but I still use a PC for my daily tasks...

macbook pro august 2011 had to replace my hardrive once **** had me vexed

Last edited:
15" MBP from 2008

13" MB from 2010.

MBP for music production & MB used for everyday surfing/occasional word docs. Don't use MB as much since I got my iPad though, but other than that they're both working fine.

13 inch macbook white from 2009...battery life sucks (only get like 65%) and the god awful fan kicks on whenever i try to watch a video...

...its also excruciatingly slow at times

...only really used it for word processing and browsing and use a VPN and RDC to connect to my office desktop

Last edited:
My MacBook from around 2005 is still running but it's on its last leg. I gave it to my moms years ago. I use a MacBook that I bought last year and it is working alright albeit I only use it on weekends. My iMac is also on its way out. Kinda tempted on getting a pc desktop.

Back
Top Bottom