How old were you when your parents cut you off?

Just wondering. My mom stopped sending me money after my freshman year in college and I've been doing it on my own since. But I know seniors in college whostill have mommy and daddy sending them money and paying their rent. Wouldn't that cripple you if all through college you have your parents supporting youfinancially, and then when you graduate you're left on your own to pay for everything?

I feel like even though I might struggle from time to time financially, I'll be better off in the long run because I'll learn how life is with nobodythere to send you money every time you go through some strife.

i dont ask my parents for anything............but if i really needed them, they got my back no doubt.

eyes.gif
wouldn't know what thats like ... Pops went to prisonwhen I was 13 ... My mom is sick and I have been taking care of my family since I was 14 ..

im 22, senior. Still at home. Mom aint cut me off, and honestly never would.

I buy all my stuff basically...man last christmas tho was horrible. I was so embarrassed she bought me all that she did. We talked about it and itll neverhappen again. its funny to get mad that she bought me all this stuff, but i was litterally embarrassed.

Since I was 15.

My parents haven't had a job since 2001.
lol prolly the reason I'm not into shoes no more cause I don't buy em like I used to

Originally Posted by derryj3

Since I was 15.

My parents haven't had a job since 2001.

lol prolly the reason I'm not into shoes no more cause I don't buy em like I used to
damn.

I was 15 when I started to work, so since then I been pretty much doing my damn thing, moved out at 20...

i'm glad that i had an early start in "supporting myself" or "getting cut off" cause then lost moms at 23...RIP Ma

my parents just help with school cuz they want me to finish.

i find it weird that parents pay for their kids to live somewhere else
laugh.gif

I was never cut on, so I couldn't be cut off
ohwell.gif

Been buying my own stuff since I was little, either selling candy, playing them dice games/bones/cards on the playground, or burning cds. I stayed making moneywhen I was little.

They really only bought me stuff on xmas, my bday, and when school started. Other than that I was on my own and my parents still making 150k+/year, so themoney was there I just didn't want it. Hell the money they give me, id go buy them something with it.

Cut me off? When the hell was I even on? lol. I got a job when I was 16 and there was no going back after that. Self-sufficient ever since. Before that I had amarginal allowance that moms gave me whenever she felt like...or not. Puttin money in your own pocket ftw.

RavageBX wrote:
Cut me off? When the hell was I even on? lol. I got a job when I was 16 and there was no going back after that. Self-sufficient ever since. Before that I had a marginal allowance that moms gave me whenever she felt like...or not. Puttin money in your own pocket ftw.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I feel you on that though

I never was put on parents made me work for everything i got. They Literally made me go to work with them to work to get anything i wanted. I wouldnt change itfor anything in the world tho. It made me a better man.

Damn, I feel spoiled ROTTEN! My moms supported me from jump street. I had the latest Js, Nikes, etc. Clothing, you name it. Whatever fashion or trend was in atthe time or game stystem was popping, I had it. I got my first steady job when I was 19 though. Im about to be 21 this month. Im in school and working but shestill helps me out. She's a single parent and money is tight but she will give me her last dime. Sometimes I feel kind of ungrateful but I've alwaysshown moms love. But I vow when and if I ever have a steady career and make it big, I will pay her back. It's not all about the money and materialisticstuff like it seems thought at time. Sometimes your parents just love you so unconditionally.

I don't know if either one ever will.
I just save it until they need it badly or an emergency comes up.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Damn, I feel spoiled ROTTEN! My moms supported me from jump street. I had the latest Js, Nikes, etc. Clothing, you name it. Whatever fashion or trend was in at the time or game stystem was popping, I had it. I got my first steady job when I was 19 though. Im about to be 21 this month. Im in school and working but she still helps me out. She's a single parent and money is tight but she will give me her last dime. Sometimes I feel kind of ungrateful but I've always shown moms love. But I vow when and if I ever have a steady career and make it big, I will pay her back. It's not all about the money and materialistic stuff like it seems thought at time. Sometimes your parents just love you so unconditionally.
nothing wrong with that young man
pimp.gif
.. Your mom doing herthing and you being in school and committed to working hard is most likely enough payback .. Dont feel spoiled , feel blessed ...

moms been swearing up and down to cut me off...but i NEVER ask for anything, even when i really need it. so ahhhhh shiiiiiit idk

they still copped me that lexus tho so idk

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]They basically give me whatever I want (especially since Morgan Stanley's stockrecovered[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]) ..I hate asking them though. But my moms charge card will be put to use tonight[/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom