How popular is your local sports team's apparel worn casually?

Chicago.
We go a little too hard with it.
Cubs gear everywhere any season.
When it’s football season, Bears gear all day.
Bulls pretty often too but commonly for gang affiliation.

Just recently moved to DC but I'm from balitmore. B-more def has more O's and Ravens gear. DC seems to have a ton of different teams prob since its a transplant type city. But I was raised a Skins fan...and ever since the name drama (and the fact that we aren't really relevant) you see a lot less skins atire.

I honestly see more wizards gear and caps gear then skins

Just recently moved to DC but I'm from balitmore. B-more def has more O's and Ravens gear. DC seems to have a ton of different teams prob since its a transplant type city. But I was raised a Skins fan...and ever since the name drama (and the fact that we aren't really relevant) you see a lot less skins atire.

I honestly see more wizards gear and caps gear then skins

No funny sh*t but it seem like the heart of ******* country is in maryland more so than dc (pg county & anne arundel county) i used to hit up dave & busters in arundel mills on the regular(football sundays) & skins fans was the norm ...whenever im in dc i dont get them skins vibes (or any other team vibes either ) baltimore heads move with their teams as 1 unit ....never got that type of feeling in ny (mets fans come close to that more than anything else)...but i will say specifically ravens & ******** fans are heart & soul in love with they teams good or bad seasons ...to the point they unrealistic with season predictions(“sipping the kool aid “ )

i find that extremely hard to believe.

If you are in downtown DC on a nice weekend day...you will see tons of different sports teams. And i guess skins fans just blend into that since people are from all over and bring their teams with them. But when the Caps won the cup....caps fans came out the woodwork. And as stated the Skins have a strong PG county (Maryland) fan base but the downtown DC sports fan will rep the Wiz.

this is all also completely subjective :lol:

DC - Nats hats are prevalent but Yankees or Red Sox gear is popular too. lots of hybrid fans exist that support Yankees/Red Sox and Nats. Caps and Wiz gear is usually worn when attending games (Caps especially). Skins apparel seems non-existent within DC (could be more popular in the suburbs, though).

Central MD (Baltimore suburbs) - Orioles hats are worn a lot, and Ravens gear is well traveled (Purple Fridays are a thing for offices).

As some mentioned on here about the ny fitted being everywhere in ny...

The yankee fitted is (&has been universal in ny) i wanna say starting mid 90s (atleast in alotta hoods borough to borough) when northface bubbles was first poppin....alotta dudes who rock yankee fitteds (atleast in the hood) dont even watch baseball its just a symbolic city item like constructions are...alotta them same heads u see rocking a yank fitted today will rock another team fitted the next day (or stop cheering for the yanks if they have a bad season ) ....the mets fans i gotta say are more loyal to their team & thats hit or miss.....alotta dudes rock fitteds or jerseys to match whatever kicks they wearing for the day the fandom in ny is hit or miss depending on what team u speaking on but yankees have alotta bandwagon fans in ny same with giants ....mets jets knicks islanders have a more loyal fanbase

Laker fan living in Northern Virginia... Caps, Nats and Skins are popular. Wizards not sure much.

Alot of Cowboys and Steelers repping too.

In LA, mostly Dodger fitted. Been noticing a lot of LAFC gear lately.

The lafc logo is nice. Want a black fitted but so damn expensive for some reason. Looked on the adidas website and their away jerseys are kinda trash, plain with youtube tv across the chest.

the mets fans i gotta say are more loyal to their team & thats hit or miss

i agree, that said when im outta town i ALWAYS wear met fitteds, because its Extra NY to rep, Yankees fitted too universal so when im out it looks too touristy.

I may cop some Nets gear for when I rock blk. But eh I don’t do Brooklyn much.

Last edited:
Chicago.
We go a little too hard with it.
Cubs gear everywhere any season.

Despite being a Cubs fan, it's sad seeing less and less Sox gear being worn.

The Southwest side and surrounding suburbs are the current Sox-strongholds but the areas adjacent to Comiskey/GR Field are a mix.

Gentrification is hitting Bridgeport and the surrounding areas so it makes sense that the Sox fans are leaving the city.

Last edited:
i find that extremely hard to believe.

Because it's not true :lol:

Caps gear, I get...but the wizards....the WIIIIZARDS?

Screen-Shot-2019-01-31-at-1.29.32-PM-715x330.png

:lol: NEVER.

Back home in GA:
UGA everywhere/everyday
Braves everywhere/everyday

Here in MT:
Univ Montana everywhere/everyday (esp football season)
Montana State everywhere/everyday (esp football season)

You made this thread like its really uncommon to spot people wearing sports teams' gear on the daily :lol: (regardless where you live). Im almost positive the smaller the market of team the more likely you will see the gear. Its all they got.

You pull up in Alabama, gonna see Bama/Auburn gear being worn everywhere (literally all they got beside minor league baseball)

I mostly stay with a Twins TC fitted and mix it up after that. Current rotation is black/white Sox and navy/white Braves.

Nyc is so sports fashion forward u can rock anything and really never get questioned if your a fan of the team/player Ever since I moved away from nyc I get asked all the Dayumb time. Hella annoying.
I love sports and have love for logo’s, players, and era of teams.
I’m a Knicks fan but will Rock a Jordan Jersey.

Back
Top Bottom