How proud of you of NT and its members?

Im wondering if Im the only person who is  overcome with pride when one of NTs own makes a name for him or herself.
Right now Im in my school's library grinding (hoping to achieve something remarkable myself) and listening to Dom on one of his many features as of late and remembering the wdywt fiascos.  I need to network more with my NT brethren.

gr7-plotdiagram.jpg

Proud of who Dom nope rapping five years damn near and no album yet.Wale not at all son album was so trash mixtapes are great.I'm not proud of these folks because they rap no way.I'm proud of the dudes who post on here 365 24/7 cats who donate money to causes and who actually contribute to the site consistently.Wale and Dom don't do that .They are nonfactors.

I honestly think there are far too many people that take this message board waaay too seriously.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I honestly think there are far too many people that take this message board waaay too seriously.

THIS
THIS
THIS

Well I'm proud when #NTwitter makes a name for themselves. Match the faces with the names.

I am proud of their success, but that success does not mean that they appeal to the masses. Im proud (not even sure if that is the word Im looking for) of them or anyone who has a dream or goal and are in the progress of achieving it or already have. Back in '01 when I first started checking NT, there were dudes who said they wanted to work for Nike someday. I dont want to work for Nike. But its something admirable about th e people who really attempt to reach and/or complete their goals ...and its cool to remember the development in the earlier phases.

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

I am proud of their success, but that success does not mean that they appeal to the masses. Im proud (not even sure if that is the word Im looking for) of them or anyone who has a dream or goal and are in the progress of achieving it or already have. Back in '01 when I first started checking NT, there were dudes who said they wanted to work for Nike someday. I dont want to work for Nike. But its something admirable about th e people who really attempt to reach and/or complete their goals ...and its cool to remember the development in the earlier phases.

Fam chill out. It's a message board

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Fam chill out. It's a message board

I could understand if this was a moderator talking like this but this dude? With some 160 posts in 5 years? The hell? 
laugh.gif

It's Friday though so I will let you have your fun. 
smokin.gif

Do you still watch the show?

I would be saying the same thing as all of you if someone else made this thread. The best way I can articulate it, is the way you feel when you see someone on TV that went to your elementary school. Its not something that you share out loud or fistpump about, but you do make a mental note.

Lol its posts like this that make me feel like NT is full of a lot of non social people. Along with those purchasing NT hats and participating in secret santas.....LOL like word? I don't mean to hate but it is mad funny the seriousness on here. I also hate to say it (though I think its a good idea and plan on contributing) feel like half the people that donated to japan only did it to have a "cool" sign under their screename. It is for a good reason though......Rant/

Bit of a pessimist (concerning donations to Japan)...but youre right.
After tonight I'll probably continue to struggle to maintain a social life outside of NT because of my 30 posts a year average.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I also hate to say it (though I think its a good idea and plan on contributing) feel like half the people that donated to japan only did it to have a "cool" sign under their screename. It is for a good reason though......Rant/

At least donate if you're going to criticize the people who donated.
grin.gif

In the end it doesn't matter. NT helped raise lots of money for Japan, that's all that matters.

After tonight I'll probably continue to struggle to maintain a social life outside of NT because of my 30 posts a year average.
roll.gif

pimp.gif

I like NT as a board. Lulz, info, and it contributes to charities and stuff. Keeps me entertained when work is slow, too. As far as NT in terms of individuals, I like seeing them do well and try to look out for the local ones when possible, but I can't say I'm 'proud' per se.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I like NT as a board. Lulz, info, and it contributes to charities and stuff. Keeps me entertained when work is slow, too. As far as NT in terms of individuals, I like seeing them do well and try to look out for the local ones when possible, but I can't say I'm 'proud' per se.

Exactly. Only person I can say who went nuttin to somethin is brandon jennings. Esp considering everyone at the time he was in h.s. was lol and yea right you not going to the pros. Even remember everyone said ducktales when he was posting from the draft, until he posted pics etc and then it was established thaat indeed he made it to the nba, and actually is doing well.

roll.gif

been lurking this site since 04'... i can tell you there are a lot of cornballs here but a lot bring in 
laugh.gif
as well

Back
Top Bottom