How The Homie Ross Did Not Drop This On An Official Release Is Beyond Me.

"%+%+#* major
Tailored suits, the newest gators
Gangster, a #%%!%%@%+*++* Albert Anastasia
Michael Corleone, Presidential Rollie on
Net worth unknown, closet full of skull & bones."

That's how you start a damn verse.
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Swizz went in on that beat too.

I'm saying, if Ross had never been called out, he would be among the best rappers of the decade.

Say what you want but his ear for the right canvases allows him to lyrically paint incredible pictures.

Straight lifestyle music.

I love it.

TELL ME YOU'RE NOT FEELING THIS:

30t6p3b.gif

Homie is nasty.�

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I'm saying, if Ross had never been called out, he would be among the best rappers of the decade.
but everyone says "he won"
not realizing he'll never get the respect he deserves after getting called out 
laugh.gif

Ross is still that dude though. 
If dudes weren't so caught up in rappers personal lives, none of that would matter.

As long as he keeps putting out that fire, I could give 2 #!%!#

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

laugh.gif
So wait.....Ross isn't winning right now? Regardless of not getting the respect he "deserves" he still has enough respect to be where he is at now..So you can
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
all you want but at the end of the day he is still doing it big..

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

laugh.gif
So wait.....Ross isn't winning right now? Regardless of not getting the respect he "deserves" he still has enough respect to be where he is at now..So you can
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
all you want but at the end of the day he is still doing it big..
Rick Ross didn't "lose" the battle he started
which I think everyone seems to count as a win, even though it's obvious he would have gone a lot farther if his cards weren't pulled.

so how is that a WIN?

Say what you want but his ear for the right canvases allows him to lyrically paint incredible pictures.

I love it.

TELL ME YOU'RE NOT FEELING THIS:

30t6p3b.gif

Homie is nasty.�
Ross was on his way there till he decided to make 306238646806 different versions of BMF, son got lazy, flat out.

That's true, that bmf trap @%%+ is dead.
He needs get those Toomp, Justice League, No I.D., Ye' joints.

so how is that a WIN?

How is it NOT a "win"?

The majority of NT claimed this man's career was finished during/after the 50 nonsense.

Not only was his career not finished, he went on to make the best music of his life and became the biggest thing in rap (besides all the already established veterans).

BS aside,

Ross' music career > 50's music career.

50 came into the game as hot as an artist can be and slowly but surely fizzled the hell out.

Rozay has literally improved w/ every damn album and has one of the most anticipated releases of 2012 (his 5th album).

Meanwhile, 50's career has been on life support since the Ross beef.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

so how is that a WIN?
How is it NOT a "win"?

The majority of NT claimed this man's career was finished during/after the 50 nonsense.

Not only was his career not finished, he went on to make the best music of his life and became the biggest thing in rap (besides all the already established veterans).

BS aside,

Ross' music career > 50's music career.

50 came into the game as hot as an artist can be and slowly but surely fizzled the hell out.

Rozay has literally improved w/ every damn album and has one of the most anticipated releases of 2012 (his 5th album).

Meanwhile, 50's career has been on life support since the Ross beef.

ok, Ross is #winning off his own merit
not from the battle

if he "WON" the battle he'd be eating 50's food, surpassing everything he did in sales.

he merely survived and went on to make good music, that's not winning a battle, that's a deadlock/draw at best.

every battle before Jay/Nas had 1 victor that rose to stardom while the loser was finished. this is not the case in this battle.

objectively the battle is only holding him back.

Ross need to leave all those bmf sounding beats alone asap they $%+++%@ up his catalog, when he was on that smooth mafia *%%* he was untouchable.

Wale need to tell dude we need a whole mafia music type album

Winning?

How nobody calls son out for the Self Made flop, Being dropped from your label and God forgives getting pushed back to 2012 is proof that rap fans are fickle as %!*+
laugh.gif

Ross being on top of the game is just a sign of how bad rap is right now. And for the moron who said Ross career> 50 career power of the dollar is better than anything Ross has ever even thought of and that's not even 50s best work. I do enjoy some of his music but u guys r gettin ridiculous.

that smooth mafia stuff he was doing before would of got boring after awhile. Glad he on that BMF type sound right now. Im almost 100% hell be back on his smooth mafia @@%% on this next album 
pimp.gif

I still play this sh!# daily
pimp.gif

I really don't give **## if dude is a fake or not. 80% of rappers make up stories and take somebody else name. Dude makes some good @ss lifestyle music.

And for the moron who said Ross career> 50 career power of the dollar is better than anything Ross has ever even thought of and that's not even 50s best work. I do enjoy some of his music but u guys r gettin ridiculous.
laugh.gif

The key word here is career (longevity is pretty damn important in this argument).

Let's assume the statement you made is true for argument's sake (even though I whole heartedly disagree).

So?

50 has 1.5 dope solo albums (and they keep getting worse).  His last 2 albums have been damn near weed plate status.  Ross is one of the only dudes in the game w/o a dud.

Ross has improved every time out (after an already solid debut) and his next album (5th - 50 only has 4) is one of the most anticipated hip-hop projects of the year.

Someone made a 50 thread yesterday w/ his new track and it got like one reply.
laugh.gif

What has 50 done musically since the Ross beef?
nerd.gif

Exactly.

EDIT:

I don't care how big 50 was at one point or how many times platinum he went early on, you look at the entire body of work and Ross is coming out on top.

This is strictly about the quality of the music.  Nothing else matters here (popularity, sales, real or fake, etc.)

And that gap is only going to widen over time...

Yes as of late Ross has been better but if ur talkin quality Ross will most likely never match what 50 has already achieved. I'm guessing u were a pretty big ja rule fan or your just really young because when 50 was on top the game was a lot more competitive then it is now. If u wanna keep mistaking mainstream relevance for quality that's fine but don't act like 50 and gunit didn't put out heat back in the day.

I love it.
That's your lifestyle?

Originally Posted by illphillip

I love it.
That's your lifestyle?
No. No, its not. Nothing like it.
And I'm willing to bet that its nothing that the vast majority of rap fans will EVER call their lifestyle. 

I've noticed how you tend to post on here with a slight edge of superiority...I'll bite and respond to your sarcasm and slight jabs because you happened to work in the industry. 
eyes.gif

Truth be told, most rap fans have lives probably more similar to Phonte or Asher Roth or something. 
You know EXACTLY what I mean here too, so stop it.

Its feel good music and it has a time and a place. If I had to listen to rap on a vacation, it would be something like this...living great, enjoying life, taking pleasure in the finer things.

Like all music, its an escape. 

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

so how is that a WIN?
How is it NOT a "win"?

Laughable
thats the thing with Ross and this biggest artist in rap some of yall buy into that he continues to feed yall.

Rap being in a bad state or not you look at ery artist that was the "biggest artist in rap" post pac n big from the late 90's with DMX n Jay-Z, Em to Ja Rule n Luda, Nelly and 50, Kanye, TI, Jeezy...to now Wayne n Drake. Their appeal actually transitioned to beyond the rap walls. Ross hasnt and I dont see him doing that. He is not big. At least under my interpretation of being the biggest thing in rap

He makes good music tho and like others have said he need to stick to the smooth ,mafia tip.

Him doin a 180 to take over the trap lane of Gucci Mane was hustlin backwards. All he did was get the hood fans that dont buy albums to say he was hot. what makes u big is getting the burb fans that buy albums to say u hot.

Laughable?

Name me a rapper who has consistently been bigger than Ross since '09 (besides someone who was already established).

Only answer that's even arguable is Drake and he's about to drop an R&B album.
All he did was get the hood fans that dont buy albums to say he was hot. what makes u big is getting the burb fans that buy albums to say u hot.

Negative. 

Ross gets MAJOR love from the suburbs.  His teenybopper female fan base (the people who really buy rap albums in the year 2011, if we really want to get real here) is severely lacking because he's a fat $@*! who doesn't sing.

You think you're getting GQ articles and Nike commercials if you only cater to the hood?

Back
Top Bottom