HOW TO MAKE AN AVY 101..STEP-BY-STEP..updated with more tips

sticky or archive this.

and look out for a new whywesteppin avy next week.

licious
I am the Kobe Stopper​
, good luck with your cousin. PM me some day with what happened.

The Alternate (Better) Way to Make a Border

*All of this is after you've resized your image to 60x60.

1. Click the insert new object button

15111_Object.jpg

2. Select the color of your border, and then select the paintbrush tool. Use the settings that I have

5519_Brush.jpg

3. Zoom the image in 5 times.

4. Click the top left corner of the avy, and then click the bottom left. This should make one side of the border. Do this for all 4 sides of the image.

19616_Border.jpg

4. Select all frames. To do this, click the first frame, then press Shift+End.

5. Right click on the border object on the left hand side in the object pane, and click "Duplicate object".

27992_Duplicate.jpg

6. Delete the first border object (Right click, delete object).

7. Zoom out five times.

That's it for makin a border. You can now click the preview button to see how it looks. The reason why I think this way is better, is because every side of the border will be even, which won't be the case if you use the other way.

How to reduce the size of your image, aka Optimizing

1. Before you do anything to your avy, delete any unnecessary scenes/frames. Then, starting with 1, select every other frame (1, 3, 5, 7, 9...), and then delete them. To do this, click the first frame, and then hold Ctrl, then click every other frame while still holding ctrl. This will cut your number frames in half.

21094_Other.jpg

2. Do anything you'd like to your avy; tag, border, etc., but make sure you resize it to 60x60.

3. After adding the tag and all the other stuff you want, click the optimize button.

4. In this window, you will optimize your image. Check how many bytes your image is. If it's over 150,000, which is NT's limit, you will have to optimize it. If it's under 150,000, you are done. :smile:
smile.gif

17505_Size.jpg

5. As you can see, mine is over the limit. Here is what you do when it is.

a. Put "Dither" all the way down to 0, as it make basically no difference to the outcome of the avy, but reduces the size dramatically. After putting it to 0, if your avy's under the limit, move it up as high as it can go without going over. You are done if it's under the limit, if not, go to the next step.

b. Put the "Colors" down as high as possible until you are under the limit. After you are under the limit, move dither up as far as it can go before going over the limit.

6. You can see the difference in the original avy and the optimized one by the images in that window. The one on the left is the before, and the one on the right is after. You can scroll through the frames to see the difference in each frame.

6700_Optimized.jpg

As you can see, after putting dither down to 0, my avy was under the limit and I didn't have to mess with the colors. :smile:
smile.gif

By doing this, you can have a 10-11 second avy that still has pretty good quality.

Here is the final product of the avy used in these examples.

4101_Superballs.gif

:pimp:
pimp.gif

How to add the Firefox Preview function

1. Go to File > Preferences > Preview tab.

4605_Preview.jpg

2. In the "Other Browsers" section, go to where Firefox is. It should be the same as mine.

3. Now, instead of clicking the preview button, click on the Firefox icon, and it'll preview your image in Firefox, which will show you what your avy will actually look like once it's on NT.

28178_Icon.jpg

NOTE: This will work for other browsers such as Opera, or whatever browser you use.

That's it for my guides, if anyone wants me to do anything else, let me know.

^^^Ezboard maintenance is from 11:30pm - 1:30am... :\
ohwell.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>G-mail[/td][td]Yuku[/td][/tr][/table]​
I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker...

^ That's Pacific time or whatever. We still got like 2 hours on the East Coast.

I'll try to push the last two tutorials out quickly.

Thnx Nick!

Anyone mind making a tutorial on how to make your videos widescreen?... :\
ohwell.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT

Sticky PLEASE! =)
Before he knew he had a crew, that wasn't no punk And they spit fire shirts and SB dunks-Lupe Fiasco

arghhh!!!!!!

when im done with the "DURATION" park, i click OK and i click OPEN, and it says UNABLE TO READ FILE

i see the tutorial says CLICK OK THEN ENTER, but there is NO ENTER BUTTON!!!!!

someone help me

TeaMLatenighT...
[table][tr][td]>E-MAIL[/td][td]u-MAD?[/td][/tr][/table]​
vodka straight up THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!

havin a little trouble.......i got everything up to where i open the video into gif animator....when i click on duration the whole program just closes? any help...thanks

ETHER​

avy looked right on tinypic but when i put it here it started actin kinda funny...anybody know why?

I can't get the vid on Ulead.Keeps saying format mismatch.
Lee
Must trade in Accord for EVO!!!!!!!
Go 49ers and Lakers​

Quote:
Anyone mind making a tutorial on how to make your videos widescreen?

Plus...Whenever I make or change the color of my border for frame 1 and want to copy it to the rest of the frames...It won't copy it...instead it will make new frames...in like the 300's.

If you don't understand what I'm saying let me know how to take a screenshot :wow:
embarassed.gif
and I'll show you...

TEAMlateNIGHT

Anyone want to practice on these avy's for me?

2114776.gif

21147mf.gif

I just want you to change the white border yellow, so the name doesnt looks likes it's connected.

^^^that's what I was doing... :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Plus...Whenever I make or change the color of my border for frame 1 and want to copy it to the rest of the frames...It won't copy it...instead it will make new frames...in like the 300's.

Heres a screenshot:

screensotsjh2.png

TEAMlateNIGHT

Back
Top Bottom