HOW & who determines what retroes are released?

Do the guys at Nike have big fuzzy dice that they roll on their lunch breaks to see what rehashed dead horse model they can bring back from the 1980s/1990sshoe grave (albeit with cheaper leather, paint & velcro for higher profit margins)

Or do they run a computer simulation to see what resuscitated models will cause the most media frenzy, hype, & campouts at retailers?

It's almost 1 AM; just helped the wife put the baby to bed & I needed someone knowledgeable on NT to answer me this question before I hit the sackmyself.

Anyone have any ideas? A lot of the retros recently dropped do not seem to follow any pattern - just some weird random drops & some models had me SMH as towhy they even dropped (again) Air Bound, Air Assault, etc.....

ive always wondered this...... i have a couple of theorys....

1. Of course they use NT as a gauge.....they see what we make threads about and whats asked about.......

2. I always belived they had a "system/chart" as for when to drop certain retros........ or what needs to be retrod and when....

3. Alot i assume is just guess and what nots.......

4. im sure they watch ebay/flightclub/sales.........demand hype, trends........

Originally Posted by air max 87

1. Of course they use NT as a gauge.....they see what we make threads about and whats asked about.......

That can't be the case, b/c if that was true they would retro all kinds of trash.

Originally Posted by homeboy d

Originally Posted by air max 87

That can't be the case, b/c if that was true they would retro all kinds of trash.

lol true

I'm assuming they make samples, give them to theirs salesmen who take them to different sneakers stores, if they get a certain amount of orders for themthen most likely they'll be released. So the retailers are the ones who determine what gets released.

Originally Posted by homeboy d

have you not been paying attention recently? they have been.

Im pretty sure they have focus groups. Maybe they randomly pick one shoe from each year to get retroed i dunno

yea im guessing focus groups as well.

who is the chick in your avy by the way?

Marcus Smith, the Product line manager for Global Urban Sportswear has a lot to do with it. His team as well as design sits down and plots out what will beretroed for every quarter.

Back
Top Bottom