How would Team 'Spain' do in the NBA?

C - Serge Ibaka/Marc Gasol
PF - Marc Gasol/Pau Gasol
SF - Pau Gasol
SG - Rudy Fernandez
PG - Ricky Rubio/Jose Calderon

How would they do?

They would be a pretty good team. Playoffs easy. Don't know how they would fair in a 7 game series, though.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

didnt knw Ibaka was a Spaniard

Well he represents them.

No Juan Carlos Navarro? Jorge Garbajosa? Sergio Rodriguez?

Well it was strictly starting 5. I put Jose in there because Rubio is hurt... but whatever then, I guess this would be before Rubio's injury.

They gotta bring Serge off the bench right? Who's the starting sf for them?

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

didnt knw Ibaka was a Spaniard
He's not. FIBA allows countries to sign two non-nationals. They get expedited citizenship for it too. It's Spain's desperate attempt to beat Team USA.

^i didnt knw that either, lol

i like the rule, gives somewhat of a competitive edge

#2 to #5 seed based off talent. #1 if their chemistry is really clicking. Everybody forgets they were within about 10points against Team USA all the way into the 4th up until Kobe's dagger that also fouled out Rudy Fernandez, who was on fire the whole game.

In the West, they would be a 6-10 seed. In the East they would be a 2-4 seed.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Somewhere between the Bobcats and the Heat

laugh.gif

I think they would be a very good team

They would win the title. In 2008 Spain was veryy close to beating the US who of course had kobe lebron wade dwight deron williams and cp3.  Plus Rubio and Rudy only got better since, same with most of the other Spanish players. 

I hate them, but Team Spain is legit. They would def. be a perennial playoff squad....

They'd do fine if the NBA allowed hand checking, 2-3 zones, and employed FIBA refs.

If their squad is literally only 6 guys, then they wouldn't do very well....

throw in JJ Navaro, Victor Clever, Flipe Reyes then they would be solid

Back
Top Bottom