How would this go over at your school

So at first my university tried to make it that all freshmen and sophomores have to live on campus, that didn't go over too well.
They just built a Chic fil a and Papa Johns on campus *note there are already both of these establishments not even 10 minutes from campus*
Well I guess to pay that off they are forcing all students wether you live on campus or off campus to buy a 400 dollar meal plan. Students and a few faculty are heated because it's beyond stupid. This school is known as a commuter school so most people who attend don't live on campus i don't know why they just wont keep it that way, the President is pissing a lot of people off by doing this crap.

I heard of mandatory meal plans if you live on campus, but for off campus HELL NO #wheretheydothatat
indifferent.gif

Yall should stage a protest outside of the administration building, that's how we did it when I was at Howard University whenever the president tried to screw something up

Freshman have to live on campus at the U here, not sure about mandatory meal plans or anything.

Originally Posted by ReturnBama

mine did this for freshman only, wasn't that big a deal
I'm guessing you go to Bama? 
I'm at UAH there's a difference between University of Alabama than University of Alabama Huntsville
most people that go there probably live on campus, complete opposite at UAH

and yeah it makes plenty of sense to require people on campus have meal plans most schools do that, but off campus is crazy

mandatory meal plans off campus though? wouldn't fly at my school...freshman are spost to get mandatory meal plans here but some of em dont

People that live off campus at the university of Louisville have to have meal plans. I think its only like $175, though, can't remember exactly

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Freshmen are required to have meal plans if they live on campus.
yup and freshmen had to live in the dorms when i went to school

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Freshmen are required to have meal plans if they live on campus.
yup and freshmen had to live in the dorms when i went to school

yeah it's like that here too unless you've live a certain distance from the school. but that's not the point, what has everyone so upset is that they're making the people who don't live on campus have to have a meal plan. I think they're doing it even if you're married too

At Syracuse, freshman and sophomores are required to live in on campus housing. You can be excluded if you are in a fraternity and live in the frat house. Additionally, EVERYONE that lives on the main campus is required to have a meal plan. People just get the cheapest one because they are expensive.

Having a mandatory meal plan for people off campus isn't going to fly over well. People live off campus because they are trying to save money.

Back
Top Bottom