huarache 09 review requests

Some one has to start a review thread right??

(Or if some1 wants to start sending me shoe's size 11 I will review them all. )

copied off my review from ndc:

"first off i want to say that these shoes are very comfortable to ball in. the inner bootie of the huarache line is unmatched in comfort for ball. theheel cushioning especially is extremely comfortable and responsive. the forefoot zoom isn't full-length but it's good enough.

the traction on these is very good. even on dusty courts i didn't slide as much as others. and on the court i like to box out, set picks, and make cuts forthe open shot so i can't afford to slide around. these shoes did not disappoint.

i laced up my pair to the top and i tend to tie my shoes tight. not a lot of kicks allow you to do that because it will make your feet hurt. but these shoesstill felt comfortable tieing them as tight as i do. lacing them up all the way my ankles feel secure without sacrificing flexibility. these also feel verystable when i play in them. would definitely buy another pair to stock."

in addition to this, the forefoot zoom isn't as bouncy as the forefoot in the zoom bb2s. the toebox bends further back than where shoes normally bend. ican take pics if anyone wants to see what i'm talking about. don't get me wrong, there's no discomfort for me but that may just be me.

cbfpunch, you're very correct. I got the Huarache 09 ASG. Cushioning is superb. You're like walkin' in the clouds. lol

Foot support is great. Highly recommended shoes for ballin'.

Downside is traction is not that good when played on cement courts. Might try this out on the wood.

i haven't tried this on anything but tiles and hardwood, both indoors of course.

benthugs, do you have the same experience with the bending in the toebox or lack thereof?

Meaning crease? A little i guess. Will take pics.

Overall performance is great most especially the comfort that it gives.

to those who have these: would you think they would fit if i used ASO ankle braces?

Originally Posted by iBall

to those who have these: would you think they would fit if i used ASO ankle braces?

Good question there. I use to wear ankle supports but with these shoes, i don't. There is an awkward feeling on the heel.

@benthugs: do you feel secure in your 09s? i get paranoid when i dont wear my braces lol

I'd say YES. The shoe is doing a great job "protecting" yer ankle.

I am also used to play with my ankle braces/support since I badly sprained it back in grade school lol

Would like to see some more reviews on these, I will probably cop on ebay when the price drops in several months.

So, the most important wuestion has yet to be asked I see, how do these compare to the huarache 08s??

I think the 2k9 will perform close to the 2k9 since the sole is so similar with one another.

I have 2k8's and got them from the outlets and I love them.

If the 2k9's are as good then I will consider them. But I will prolly wait till they hit the outlets. LOL

I just want to share the picture of the 2k8 and 2k9 sole, nothing changed.

( red / white is the 2k9 all star west. while the black / red is the 2k8 )

ive been debating about these to replace my bottoming out hyperdunks...either these or another pair of hds

Back
Top Bottom