Huarache 2k4 appreciation :hat

Hand down one of the best basketball shoes ever created by the Swoosh Co imo. This shoes make me feel and perform like Kobe whenever i lace them up. Crossover,spin, pump fake. Boom! Bang it of the glass, and i Score! Ya dig ?
pimp.gif
Istill prefer them over any of the recent releases. Well maybe not the Zk4 cuz they're hot but you get the point. Oh and these 2k4s feel much better withthe strap loose. Anyone still got the 2k4 in size 11 or 11.5 holla at me
pimp.gif

281009309.jpg

282538543.jpg

282538538.jpg

281009306.jpg

281009311.jpg

^ you missed out dude! Lovely pair of kicks...performance and comfort was impeccable imo...definitely a shoe of the decade....loved my OT Pack edition...toobad their dead now
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bundy9

^ you missed out dude! Lovely pair of kicks...performance and comfort was impeccable imo...definitely a shoe of the decade....loved my OT Pack edition...too bad their dead now
frown.gif
Better than kobe iv? Cuz thats all ive been hoopin in lately if so im headed to ebay lol

Definitely appreciated, it performed AMAZING on the court in every aspect- cushioning, support, fit, weight etc.
And it looks good too

Yea, I miss that shoe. I wanted two pair of the all white ones & the Coach editions but Tennessee shopping is very limited so they never made it out here.

zoom bb's over these all day long.... no comparison, especially since these only have that little forefoot zoom dot under the ball of the foot.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

zoom bb's over these all day long.... no comparison, especially since these only have that little forefoot zoom dot under the ball of the foot.
zoom bbs only gave me an ankle sprain and achilles tendonitis......2k4s >>>>>BBs

I loved my pair from back in the day. I was so happy when I was able to find a pair of the all grey ones in a 11.5 this past summer at some random store forcheap. Still waiting to wear them.

love these shoe. would love to own the 2k4 OT though
pimp.gif

i wonder how it would be if they remade something exactly like this but with flywire..

Originally Posted by jmizzo

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

zoom bbs only gave me an ankle sprain and achilles tendonitis......2k4s >>>>>BBs

haha!! its all good, we all have different tastes. 2k4's are great shoes.

instant classic when they dropped.
i remember when the pictures first leaked (the ones with the 8ball) and EVERYBODY hated on them, including myself.

i distinctly remember thinking how it was the ugliest shoe ever and nothing was changing my opinion since my gut feeling usually never changes. then i sawthese in person and did a complete 180 on these.

it truly shows just how some designers are really working on an entirely different level than the rest of us.

very appreciated! definitely one of the best shoes of this decade...especially with the commercial for it depicting its "origins"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THA REAL A2THAMOS

Originally Posted by bundy9

^ you missed out dude! Lovely pair of kicks...performance and comfort was impeccable imo...definitely a shoe of the decade....loved my OT Pack edition...too bad their dead now
frown.gif
Better than kobe iv? Cuz thats all ive been hoopin in lately if so im headed to ebay lol

Well nah, I've tried on the ZK4's but not played in them (dont own any...Not a big Kobe fan like the rest of the world
laugh.gif
- not a "hater", just a critic- not much to criticise these days also)and those kicks are ridiculously comfy and stable for such a light shoe...so I'm sure the comfort and performance aspect is right up there- excellenttraction, fits really snuggly around the midfoot, laces up tight, comfortable materials and ventialtion seems on point.
The problem I had with my 2k4's were that I bought mine I think a half size too big, didnt think much of it cuz I bought them for casual wear but when Idid decide to ball in them maybe about 2 yrs later, the strap was a bit bohersome to me, just didnt seem to hold my foot well. Considering it was a bit"old" by then also and I'd played some really hard ball with them, I the forefoot zoom went a bit flat also, but was still comfy enough for myhard cuts and jumping...but overall lovely shoe- I'd give a 8.5 out of 10 on my experience with it.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

love these shoe. would love to own the 2k4 OT though
pimp.gif

i wonder how it would be if they remade something exactly like this but with flywire..
I would so look forward to a retro with flywire...it was probably a pretty decent shoe weight-wise already, probably the lightest in its class, sofor that purpose I think unnecessary...but for aesthetics, I'd love to see that combo
pimp.gif

^ that would be an interesting mix, and its funny that you made this thread cause i just started looking for the pair in the first pic. Definitely a greatshoe, i had 5 pairs and now have none
frown.gif
...... , anybody with a DS 10.5 or 11 hit me up.

I just picked up a pair of sz 9's VVVVNDS that are too big for me.... Soooo, I might be looking to get rid of em!! haha (but seriously too big for me.)

Back
Top Bottom