human-evolutis

i didn't want to takeover dirtys thread about judgement day, but tkthegirl mentioned a subject called human-evolutis. i googled it and six results down icame to a blog that had a video. the video comes from ted.com and is around 19 minutes long. thanks for bringing this uptk. hope everyone enjoys it.

WOW...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My middle school science teacher (8th grade) predicted this very same thing. Except he called it ++$* superious...

Crazy

Basically

Chairman and CEO of Biotechonomy, Enriquez says that humanity is on the verge of becoming a new and utterly unique species, which he dubs #@*! Evolutis. Whatmakes this species so unique is that it "takes direct and deliberate control over the evolution of the species." Calling it the "ultimatereboot," he points to the conflux of DNA manipulation and therapy, tissue generation, and robotics as making this great leap possible.

http://arstechnica.com/science/news...new-species-we-are-becoming-#@*!-evolutis.ars

thanks again tk. i love ted.com now. i will be checking that site daily. you should definitely watch the whole video. it is long but worth. if you don'twant to watch all of it you should forward to 12:20 and watch the robot section. i'll post a youtube clip of it but hearing enriquez explain is veryinformative. big dog is just insane. imagine that thing whirring and coming at you. i would freak out.

That was sick. I bet it will be a long time before these resources go mainstream. I sure can use a liver right now.
I'm kind of intimidated by the future if this is the case. What would you do if you can live forever? People could smoke, drink, and get high all day ifthey know they can have a new organ. Damn, it's pretty crazy that we can do all of this in the future.

OP, that presentation was excellent, Ted got my attention the whole time.

Originally Posted by bluesurferx

big dog is just insane. imagine that thing whirring and coming at you. i would freak out.

reminds me of mgs4, i'd love to see it after a chaff grenade..

thanks again tk. i love ted.com now. i will be checking that site daily. you should definitely watch the whole video. it is long but worth. if you don't want to watch all of it you should forward to 12:20 and watch the robot section. i'll post a youtube clip of it but hearing enriquez explain is very informative. big dog is just insane. imagine that thing whirring and coming at you. i would freak out.
When I saw that in the lecture, for some reason, I thought it was a horse's legs
laugh.gif
. Crazy if they added some guns on it with bullet proof material. That thing cankill a common man without a bazooka or rocket launcher.

Wow. Great video. It's scary to think that what he was talking about, isn't far fetched at all. I agree with him about our generation being the firstto witness and start to see how the evolution begins.
We'll see...
Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

I want to watch it, but it's too damn long.
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Watch it. If you have any sort of attention span, or like to think about evolution, science, people, or anything dealing with the future, itdoesnt seem like 20 minutes at all.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

thanks again tk. i love ted.com now. i will be checking that site daily. you should definitely watch the whole video. it is long but worth. if you don't want to watch all of it you should forward to 12:20 and watch the robot section. i'll post a youtube clip of it but hearing enriquez explain is very informative. big dog is just insane. imagine that thing whirring and coming at you. i would freak out.
When I saw that in the lecture, for some reason, I thought it was a horse's legs
laugh.gif
. Crazy if they added some guns on it with bullet proof material. That thing can kill a common man without a bazooka or rocket launcher.
Awww +$!*
nerd.gif

231922203067mgs46.jpg

Interesting. So I guess that's when they start creating people to reach out to where they wernt able to reach before? hmm....

Back
Top Bottom