Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

FPL saying most people will have power by the end of the week. Hope so,
Parents, in laws and brother did not have power. We lucked out.

Invited everyone over to come eat dinner and hang out in the a/c. It was like Thanksgiving.

You the nig

thought you were still in San Diego???

Can you believe I spent my "vacation" : 1.On a cruise that had to return early to beat the hurricane, 2.My flight to DR for another vacation after the cruise was cancelled, 3.My flight back to SD to save some of my paid vacation time was also cancelled.

lmao what was going on

i dunno i didnt take this video but it look like the good ol south squaded up for the storm

maybe they were going out to look for "looters" ( :rolleyes ) or maybe just evacuating the storm

but white people congregating in public in numbers greater than 2 i dont trust

The block in front of my house has power,but mine doesn't yet.The house right in front doesn't either,but the one next to it does.It's luck at this point.

Do y'all work in an office?

We got mad fridges; my boy been bringing his frozen meats and stuff here to freeze until he gets his lights back

lost power for 10 hours sunday, and got it back around 10pm the same night. there's been a curfew out every night since then. a lot of neighborhoods got wrecked though. huge banyan trees toppled over. it's nuts.

sister-margaret-ann-d137782ded7b7ea5c34ac1869dab0a441310c1f2-s1200.jpg

Damn, doeant that nun get some workout gear or something, prob hot as **** in those black robes. Jude law got those fresh velour/sweat suits when he was the pope, you'd think the nuns would have something comparable.

Can you believe I spent my "vacation" : 1.On a cruise that had to return early to beat the hurricane, 2.My flight to DR for another vacation after the cruise was cancelled, 3.My flight back to SD to save some of my paid vacation time was also cancelled.
damn :smh::smh::smh:

This **** is starting to break my pockets smh. Fortunately I just got LTE back, still no power. Finally going back to work tonight tho

I have a planned tripped to Miami at the end of the month with a group of friends. Would it be my(our) best bet to reschedule my trip because of the storm? And the recovery of the city?

I have a planned tripped to Miami at the end of the month with a group of friends. Would it be my(our) best bet to reschedule my trip because of the storm? And the recovery of the city?
where exactly are y'all staying? Just to clarify, miami beach and miami are 2 different cities. When out of towners say they're coming, they're most likely talking about miami beach. I don't live out there, but I think their recovery would be expedited because they're so dependent on tourism

where exactly are y'all staying? Just to clarify, miami beach and miami are 2 different cities. When out of towners say they're coming, they're most likely talking about miami beach. I don't live out there, but I think their recovery would be expedited because they're so dependent on tourism
I'm talking Miami Beach but I'm going to cancel the trip.

I'm talking Miami Beach but I'm going to cancel the trip.
don't cancel bro, just reschedule for the following week. If you guys come that first week of October, you will drop in during carnival week. The main event is on sunday the 8th, but there's going to be a lot of events leading up to that. There's gonna be hella bad Caribbean tings from all over bro, trust.

One week post storm, how did every one do?

We lost some soffits and have some water spots in the ceiling upstairs from water blowing in the ridge vent on the roof. Almost lost one of my oak trees and will have to cut it down before it falls on my neighbors house. We got power Wednesday and water Thursday. Definitely got lucky this time! Many neighbors are still without power. Tornadoes destroyed some manufactured homes in my town, but thankfully they were unoccupied.

There are still people in my neighborhood without power. We lucked out as we had no large trees on our property and no damage to any vehicles. Planning to buy a generator, if only to power the fridge, some fans, and the router.

Back
Top Bottom