HypeBeasts!

Originally Posted by StillIn729

yup; I hated to sell my Carmines because they were my first pair of J's but someone paid $400 for them I was just mind blown
Just looked at some completed listings for my size 12 and they are moving for $550+ now.
laugh.gif
Don't get me started on Doernbecher VI's.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

Simply put everyone wants to be cool so the majority (young adults/kids) turned into hypebeasts.
Today for the Olympic 6 & Pippen release for example, alot of people wanted to cop just because, while others were there to flip.

Myself and only a few other people were there to cop&rock, and knew the history of the shoe.

A lot of people didn't even know what the Pippens were 
ohwell.gif

you have to know about the shoe to buy it?
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

no offense, im sick of this hypebeast stuff myself but you have to know the history and about the shoe in order to buy it? SMH give me a break, if you like the shoe then buy it, thats it.
Yes, generally you should know about a product if you plan on buying it. 
I'm not literally saying you have to know every little aspect of the shoe and the history of it. What I was trying to saying is that a lot of people who are there to buy shoes are only there because everyone else thinks the shoe is hot, and they don't really know anything else other than the hype behind it. 

i only buy what i like and if i see the hype starts building and people start lining up and *@!% i just back out because their is no point in that its just sneakers at the end of the day. Also i would feel stupid going through all those loops just to give JB my money......copping Jays shouldn't be like trying to win the lottery.

This is the forum for a lot of people that have stopped collecting/buying but still love NT.

Personally, I don't buy any retro Jordans or Nike's because the quality is complete garbage. I still love shoes though, so I will buy newer running shoes, outlet hitting LeBrons, etc. Though I must admit, I love wearing Concords/South Beach LeBrons/French XII's and seeing people get disgusted that I would wear basketball shoes, for, you know, basketball.

Back then in HS, 2006-2009. I would barely see any heat like the 11s, 6s and so on but now a days everyone is rocking them.
30t6p3b.gif
I still need a pair of 3s but not like this... not like this!

I don't know if there are any guys that grew up with military parents, but I remember the days walking into the PX and seeing IIs, Vs, XI lows, etc 50% off AND with an option of layaway!!
laugh.gif
I don't even think they sell jordans on military installations in fear of bringing all that nonsense on post
tired.gif

Damn 
roll.gif

I thought the Pippens would sit like the last 17 times they retroed.  Was waiting on clearance prices
laugh.gif

if you were 18 or so in 08...well then damb i feel old.

and others have prob said it, but if you don't think your era was hyped, you're wrong. that was just as hyped if not more. it was hyped in 04-06 too.

generation goes and comes, the hype just transitions.

It's getting crazy. My friend said that when he went to pick up his pair this morning some dude asked him if he wanted his spot for $50. I would
laugh.gif
in his face.
Sometimes I wish that when they release a sneaker and these hypebeast/resellers get like 4-6 pairs .. they restock the next day .. restock so much that it's impossible to sell out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

So when did Jordan's become as crazy as they are right now?
personally I think it started with the Cool Grey 11's because the White Cement 3's sat on shelves in late 2010 which was the last major release before the 11's
I believe it was the Space Jam Jordans that started it around here

If you care that much about why someone buys a pair of shoes, then you're a lame.

Is it your money? Are you going to fight them for buying the shoes? Will you really crack slick out your mouth on the spot because they don't know a shoe's history?

Oh okay
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Damn 
roll.gif

I thought the Pippens would sit like the last 17 times they retroed.  Was waiting on clearance prices
laugh.gif

This. Line at my mall was 30 deep at 10 last night, nobody in line could have been over 18/19. Game is out of control right now.

Originally Posted by presequel

and others have prob said it, but if you don't think your era was hyped, you're wrong. that was just as hyped if not more. it was hyped in 04-06 too.

Truth. ITT: pretentious "sneakerheads"

just check the buy/sell forum after every new shoe release
30t6p3b.gif
i really would like to see that any newly released shoe cant be sold until 2 months after.

Ride out the wave. This is nothing but a re-run. In a couple of years releases will be attainable, then the cycle will repeat.

It has before.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Ride out the wave. This is nothing but a re-run. In a couple of years releases will be attainable, then the cycle will repeat.
It has before.
When? I remember the white/grape V campout (last jordan's I ever got past 06) was ridiculous. Ever since then it's been chaos & everybody wanted to jump on the jordan-wearing train.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Cats be fighting and rushing the gates of stores, might have to resort to online purchases now.
That is just as hard now.
I just buy my kids the shoes I want. I refuse to pay more than retail for a shoe that was supposedly a general release. 

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

i should really get back to selling my kicks...
I've been on that wave the past few months. I set aside the shoes I didn't care for anymore (a few I never wore
30t6p3b.gif
) and am only keeping the joints I really like...

Had to grab those Oly 6's though.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Originally Posted by presequel

Truth. ITT: pretentious "sneakerheads"

I dunno famb... I was IN THE MIDDLE of it... working at sharpstown fooaction from 07-09 and it wasn't even close to how it is now...

Lines and reselling, overcharging from the middle eastern always been a thing in NYC, there's real love for sneakers there, so you gotta have it. But it has advanced to being really ridiculous now, glad im not into sneakers like that. Last purchase i made i ordered online and picked up instore.

Back
Top Bottom