Hyperdunk 2010 Thread

^ KD's 1 & 2 had no heel Air of any kind and performed excellently... CP3.III's and Jumpman Pro Retros were also pretty awesome for ball... I never felt any foot, knee, or lower back pain after playing in all of those shoes multiple times... maybe heel Air has always been a gimmick for a majority of people, including myself? Or maybe Cushlon foam is a legit next level of durable and comfortable cushioning technology, everything Lunarcrap foam is not...

Seems like Team Jordan basketball shoes are starting to use more heel Air and forefoot Zoom setups... I'm really looking forward to playing in Jordan Carmichaels when they come out...

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

how can anyone be okay with no type of air in the heel? don't you guys need the impact protection or does nobody jump anymore?

There's still cushioning in the heel (cushlon or phylon i think) so you'll be fine, plus there are tons of great bball shoes without air (adidas).

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

how can anyone be okay with no type of air in the heel? don't you guys need the impact protection or does nobody jump anymore?

Cushlon on te heel is just fine for some people including myself though I definitely prefer other setups like zoom. It absorbs a good load of impact.

clkru wrote:
^ KD's 1 & 2 had no heel Air of any kind and performed excellently... CP3.III's and Jumpman Pro Retros were also pretty awesome for ball... I never felt any foot, knee, or lower back pain after playing in all of those shoes multiple times... maybe heel Air has always been a gimmick for a majority of people, including myself? Or maybe Cushlon foam is a legit next level of durable and comfortable cushioning technology, everything Lunarcrap foam is not... 

Seems like Team Jordan basketball shoes are starting to use more heel Air and forefoot Zoom setups... I'm really looking forward to playing in Jordan Carmichaels when they come out...

I don't think that Air has been a gimmick, we need impact protection but I guess that cushlon can do the job too maybe not that good but it gets it done. I also think that Cushlon is replacing Lunar foam which had much less durability. While it may not be as light as Lunar foam it is still a lot lighter than most regular foams and it really does a good job.
NikeShoeHead wrote:
^^Issue 31 of Sole Collector has an article about the CP3.III and it contains pictures of the tooling that shows the configurations of the CMP in the heel as well as the Cushlon in the forefoot.

I'm sure they tested the hell out of the HD2010 to be 100% sure it performs to their expectations (especially with how the Hyperize underperformed). I'll be looking forward to trying on a pair when the time comes.

Nice to hear that the forefoot podulons are made of cushlon, I suspected that.. 
The Hyperize is another story , I mean the first thing I noticed by reading the designers interview was that the shoe would literally be braking ankles. No protection whatsoever but I am glad to see that the HD2010 looks very promising with only possible problem the lacking of a soft little box over the heel counter just where the achilles tendon rubs on.

I spy Lebron soldier IV's..
smile.gif

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

Pics from my boy visiting New York. He said they're $200 flat cause there's no sales tax there. I was so tempted to tell him get a pair & I'd get him back but $200 I'd a lot to drop on a shoe that I haven't tried on. NT New Yorkers go get yours.

wut store is that in ny???

No way. Just forefoot Zoom? I thought these were finally giving us the full-length Zoom we had been clamoring for. I refuse to believe this.

The all black pair + the black/green pair=
pimp.gif
!! dang forget it, all of these are extremely iLL! cn't wait to cop, gotta get the money right first..

^^
indifferent.gif
forefoot zoom dawg... the all black pair + the black/green pair =
pimp.gif
!!! dang all of these are extremely iLL, cant wait to get the money right so I can cop

The all whites got me feeling like Forrest Gump after Jenny put his hand on her breast.

I can see how the bottom ones can look McFly-like, solidsnake.

I guess these are the China homes.

Back
Top Bottom