Hyperdunk 2011 vs. Hyperfuse 2011 vs. Kobe VI

I need to know what the best shoe is for me out there. I'm 6' 190 and I drive/shoot on the bball court. I just wanna know what's the best shoe out of those 3 in traction, comfort, durability, and stability. Thanks guys. 

Try them all and see which ones you like the best no one can answer that but you as to which you will like better.

Hyperfuse . The traction is very good but if you can get the Kobe on sale then go for the Kobe . Hyperdunk is a bit too flimsy

Originally Posted by kangoljas

Try them all and see which ones you like the best no one can answer that but you as to which you will like better.

This, then get the Kobe VI.

Here's a mini review:

The Hyperfuse 2011 are incredible. I dont know that I've played in a better shoe (not exaggerating). Light, comfortable, supportive, asthetically pleasing....the list goes on. I cant explain to you how much I love these sneakers. I have 3 already and usually I only have a rotation of 2 kicks (same shoe different color) so thats an indication of my feelings for this shoe. The heal collar did rub my achilles after the first wear, but since then I've had not a complaint. I would highly recommend these.

Kobe VI....Ive tried them on but thats it. I dont own a pair. I dont know when the low top bball phenomenon took off, but I will never get aboard. Low tops offer little to know support. Im a pg/2 guard and slash/jump a lot. My ankles would curse me if I wore low tops. If you are simply a spot up shooter and dont do much cutting/rebounding/defending fast players, then you might give them a whirl. There's tons of people who swear by them and I've seen tons of people ball in them. I just couldnt do it. Personal preference on this one.

Hyperdunk 2011....theres a review link posted in the Hyperdunk 2011 post pg. 23 (I believe) that may serve as some guidance. info is limited as they havent officially dropped in most places (aside from the BG32 and I would gather most people who bought those wont be playing bball in them). I havent balled in them yet so no review available from me. Im expecting big things but wont get my hopes up just yet. The Hyperfuse 2011 set the bar incredibly high so we'll see if they match up.

JS"

but the kobe vi have more ankle support than any other shoe out there.

it's not the cut of the shoe, it's how low the shoe is to the ground and how big the outrigger is.

i've rolled my ankle more times in high tops than in any kobe low top, or low top for that matter (since i now ball in the hyperfuse lows as well)

Good looks guys. Thanks for the reviews. I'm just hesitant on the Hyperdunk 2011 cause the 2010 sucked big time for me. I already own a pair of 2010 HyperFUSE and those were amazing, but I have sprained ankles in them before. BUT the Kobe Vs were amazing, and although I was hesitant to get them, I have no regrets.

How is the traction for the VI's anyways? Is it better than the Vs? I feel like the Hyperfuse traction >

Thanks for the comments guys. Keep them coming!

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Well first off, you're in the wrong damn section and secondly, no...the Vs traction is superior to that of the VI.

the VI traction needs to be broken in.

which between the Hyperdunk and the Hyperfuse are better for outdoor basketball?
*not crazy about the Kobe 6s, use em for casual wear.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Well first off, you're in the wrong damn section and secondly, no...the Vs traction is superior to that of the VI.

Shoes should not have to be worn 5-6 times before traction "shows" up. 
I have worn the Hyperdunk 2011's a few times and they will be the shoe I play in this year. Better traction than the Kobe's and on par with the Hyperfuse. IMHO, the Hyperdunk 2011's fit my foot much better and do not make me feel like my heel is too high than the Kobe's.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

which between the Hyperdunk and the Hyperfuse are better for outdoor basketball?
*not crazy about the Kobe 6s, use em for casual wear.
I'd prefer Hyperfuse...materials are more durable for outdoor conditions.

Hyperfuses would be best, its kinda like the best of both worlds IMO when comparing them to the Hyperdunks and Kobe's.... Hyperdunks are really more for a strictly post man anyway

Originally Posted by drchipinski

Originally Posted by al3x89

Shoes should not have to be worn 5-6 times before traction "shows" up. 
I have worn the Hyperdunk 2011's a few times and they will be the shoe I play in this year. Better traction than the Kobe's and on par with the Hyperfuse. IMHO, the Hyperdunk 2011's fit my foot much better and do not make me feel like my heel is too high than the Kobe's.

it's not like the traction is horrible out of the box... it's okay, but it gets better after 3-4 wears. do you play on ice? 

I do not play on ice....but I play on a traveling team and not every court is in perfect condition. I also prefer a shoe with a bit more ankle support. I know your argument that the kobe's have the best ankle support out there....if that was the case why do ALL college and NBA players tape their ankles when playing in them? Granted, the VI is a good shoe, just lacks on traction for me.

Originally Posted by drchipinski

I do not play on ice....but I play on a traveling team and not every court is in perfect condition. I also prefer a shoe with a bit more ankle support. I know your argument that the kobe's have the best ankle support out there....if that was the case why do ALL college and NBA players tape their ankles when playing in them? Granted, the VI is a good shoe, just lacks on traction for me.

- i keep my hyperfuse low's in my bag just incase.
- the cut of the shoe has nothing to do with ankle support. it's how high the shoe sits off the ground. 
- not all tape their ankles... also, a taped ankle is only good for the first couple of minutes of a game. after that, the tape loosens up and any support you had from the tape is pretty much gone. hell, it's probably gone by the time warmups are done. 

Back
Top Bottom