Hyperize or Hyperdunks?

i dont have the hyperize, but i did have the hyperdunk and the hyperize seems like a better shoe so far.

-nike supposedly addressed the bottoming out issue that the hyperdunk had with the hyperize.
-the hyperize has a flexible sole like the hyperdunk, but its a herringbone pattern rather than the stupid squares that the hyperdunk has.
-both have zoom in the heel and lunarfoam in the forefoot.

really the only thing i like better about the hyperdunk than the hyperize is that i could feel the flywire holding my foot in the hyperdunk. the flywire in thehyperize seems to be on there for the sake of having flywire, nike's new hot technology, rather than for performance benefits. other than that, thehyperize seems to be just a little better in every aspect.

i'd read up the review for the hyperize. but for now go with the hyperdunks. by the time the hyperdunks bottom out for you, you could snag the hyperizesfor possibly a bit cheaper

^^ Why would OP buy Hyperdunks and wait for them to bottom out, then buy Hyperize and waste two times the money?

I have both pairs, although I've only worn the Hyperizes a couple of times. I'd go with the Hyyperizes, because it's got more breathability, a bitlighter, and the Lunar foam hasn't show any signs of bottoming after maybe about 8-10 wears, which is more than I can say for the Hyperdunks.Traction-wise, they're about the same. Hyperizes feel like Hyperdunks except with a little more cushioning, although there's quite a bit of room in thetoebox.

But yeah, go with the Hyperizes.

hyperdunks, they are brought more(i work at footlocker) and seen more on the court(basketball player).

Originally Posted by dejahnw

hyperdunks, they are brought more(i work at footlocker) and seen more on the court(basketball player).
Just because they're bought more doesn't mean they're better. Hyperdunks have been around for quite some time, and that's why yousee them more on the court.

And yeah, I've worn both shoes. I can clearly tell you that the Hyperizes are better without a doubt, although they are quite similar.

Personally i would say hyperdunk, to me the cushioning in the hyperize's was non-existent, maybe i just got a bad pair but it really didnt feel like zoomto me.

IMO, HDs are much better of the 2..

It's look is much appealing and the comfort and fit are thumbs up.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

^^ Why would OP buy Hyperdunks and wait for them to bottom out, then buy Hyperize and waste two times the money?

I have both pairs, although I've only worn the Hyperizes a couple of times. I'd go with the Hyyperizes, because it's got more breathability, a bit lighter, and the Lunar foam hasn't show any signs of bottoming after maybe about 8-10 wears, which is more than I can say for the Hyperdunks. Traction-wise, they're about the same. Hyperizes feel like Hyperdunks except with a little more cushioning, although there's quite a bit of room in the toebox.

But yeah, go with the Hyperizes.

eastbay has the hyperize listed at 13.0 ounces and the hyperdunk at 13.2....sheeet i thought the hyperdunks were lighter haha but they are both light as helldont pick based on the weight. i had the hyperdunks for the season last year and havent had the rizes yet we will probably get them for next season....youprobably cant go wrong with either!

hyperize ftw..

it utilizes a longer lasting lunarfoam than hyperdunks. more comfort although a bit bulky toe box. i like the hyperdunks but the hyperize is above par.. exceptin terms of lockdown, hyperdunk takes the lead. i can't feel the lockdown on my hyperize.

it looks like hyperdunk > hyperize in terms of looks and hyperize > hyperdunk when looking at performance... but it actually varies becauseeveryone's different of course.

been debating for a while now, whether to get the hyperdunk or hyperize. i like that "lockdown" feeling but a durable lunarfoam is important...

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

it looks like hyperdunk > hyperize in terms of looks and hyperize > hyperdunk when looking at performance... but it actually varies because everyone's different of course.

been debating for a while now, whether to get the hyperdunk or hyperize. i like that "lockdown" feeling but a durable lunarfoam is important...
yeah.. H-dunks only last for a few decent games. H-rize will take u longer than the other one. but in terms of lockdown, and overall ankleprotection, stick with H-dunks. also, it really depends on how u play. if u're a hardcore baller, Hyperize wins the debate.

is there some article or press release about Nike making the lunar foam more durable?

if they put zoom air in the forefoot, i'd be sold on either shoe

Back
Top Bottom