Hyperize vs. Zoom Soldier III

hi, i'm looking for a new basketball shoes and found these shoes for a good price.  i was wondering which of these shoes is superior in terms of performance and durability? also just to note, i am a 5'8 guard for reference. thanks guys.

Zoom soldier III:tongue:ros: More durable/responsive with zoom at the forefoot, better ankle support/lockdown,good court feel, and good traction. only Con is you need to go 1/2 size up with the patent toe versions, to avoid toe rub
ohwell.gif

Hyperize: Lighter,less bulky than the Soldier (forms to the foot better), good lockdown (if you pull the laces tight, thru every lace loop before tying for each wear. Your heel doesn't move around and the performance is improved drastically IMHO
eyes.gif
). Great traction (herringbone) and good court feel. Cons: Lunar foam durabilty concerns (I haven't experienced any bottoming out, but I'm a light guy 5"11 150 lb SF), lockdown issues (can be fixed if you try the method I mentioned above). Most say Ankle support is a major downfall, but I don't think so, I've never injured my ankle, in the 6 months I've been ballin in these.

Overall I like the hyperizes more, It's lighter, and I just like how it's less bulky (imo) and more shaped like your foot
eyes.gif
. As I've said I'm a light guy so I the lunar foam hasn't bottomed out on me.

Whilst i can't speak specificlaly about the Solider III, Hyperize suposedly has lock down/support problems.

Soldier 3 all the way!
Hyperizes suck at stability of any kind, no support, an injury prone shoe, I saw guys rolling both ankles! even braking the outrigger! And the are not torsional rigid which means that plantar fasciitis could occur.

Do not go with the Hyperizes, they are no near as good as the Hyperdunks. The traction of the Hyperizes are not as good as the Hyperdunks, the fit is horrible, and the lunar foam bottomed extremely quickly. The only thing the Hyperizes have better is the weight and quality of the material. The Hyperdunks have an extra set of lace lets on the inside lining of the shoe around the front of the ankles that provide the best lockdown fit of ANY shoe. The Hyperizes also have too much toe room which causes the foot to slide about when stopping and cutting hard. Stick with the Hyperdunks or the Air Max Rise

I wouldnt go with the hyperizes either, perfomance wise they dont give great support and not too comfortable either. the soldier 3s are a good buy but not as aesthetically pleasing as the hyperizes, just do the right thing and get some Kobe V's

the whole ankle issue is what scares me most regarding the Hyperizes. I am relatively light so the lunar foam potentially bottoming out doesn't bother me. would consider picking these up if they dropped another 20 or so in price @ the outlets.

Back
Top Bottom