I’m having a hard time doing this on my own…

Is there a reason why you (and seemingly other posters) prefer DoorDash? I used UberEats out of habit so I am just curious if I am paying even more, missing out on selection, etc

The promotions are better on there for me and I also think it ends up being slightly cheaper

Doordash>>>.

I pay the 10 a month for the membership for no delivery fees. Uber eats is terrible all around.

Doordash>>>.

I pay the 10 a month for the membership for no delivery fees. Uber eats is terrible all around.
I got the free grubhub membership and they make up the free delivery with other random fees so it all adds up the same

Gas and drinking taking me out silently. Easily turning into a $400+ weekend when the plan was to chill.
That’s why I try to keep my nights like that to when I’m outta town…That money goes fast when you pop out, idk how the folks that make moves every weekend and even during the week too do it

Wildin I got 20 tacos for $20 dollars the other day. Gotta hit up them food trucks next to the gas station or convenience stores.
They don’t got the taco trucks round my way…But when I’m in Houston I be getting those deals at my go to spots…Touch down and eat tacos for the 1st couple days spending just $15 :lol: :pimp:

Wildin I got 20 tacos for $20 dollars the other day. Gotta hit up them food trucks next to the gas station or convenience stores.

Bruh there’s no way.

Them trucks be taxing more then anyone else.

That’s why I try to keep my nights like that to when I’m outta town…That money goes fast when you pop out, idk how the folks that make moves every weekend and even during the week too do it
That’s my life since april smh. I tell myself every week, in the house! End up out Thursday -Saturday and might entertain a bity at a bar or sumn a odd Monday.

I got the free grubhub membership and they make up the free delivery with other random fees so it all adds up the same

Yea i have the free grub hub membership i dont use it as much cause theres less restaurants I like on it and like you said they still attach extra fees. :lol:

i left america years ago for a job in europe to get away from that now im 6figs and dont pay any fed taxes.

always tell my single brothers if you aint got nothing tying you down in the states go overseas and work tax breaks work way more in your favor once u get out of the states. plenty of jobs outside america and these european woman look better half the time and are way easier to deal with from my experience

I've probably used door dash and Uber eats less than 10 times my entire life. The markups are too crazy for me.

OP I agree with what others have said, establish a budget as quickly as you can. I actually manage the budget for my family and it's really improved the finances overall for both my wife and I.

I find that paying off debts really helps to increase your day to day living. If you can pay off a debt/ bill or pay ahead on something (insurance, electricity, etc). It can really help you to feel like your money is going further.

I find since moving on my own ordering food be a necessity smh. During volleyball and basketball season(I coach afterschool) I be getting home right at dinner time and don’t got the energy nor the patience when I’m hungry to cook. It be easier to just pick up food.

Sounds like you need to look at your budget and how much you're spending on food. Not only are you eating out but you're paying someone to have it brought to you. lol.

You have kids, get a costco card if you dont have one. Plan your meals and cook. Go to farmers markets...etc. There are all sorts of options out there.

I find since moving on my own ordering food be a necessity smh. During volleyball and basketball season(I coach afterschool) I be getting home right at dinner time and don’t got the energy nor the patience when I’m hungry to cook. It be easier to just pick up food.

So do I.

During the season I meal prep on weekends usually something like spaghetti, chicken and rice, or a beef and rice.

Peanut butter toast and fruit for breakfast, a salad or cold cut sandwich for lunch, then one of the meal prepped dinners once I get home.

Might grab a pizza or CFA one night if I don’t feel like eating one of the dinners. I can eat off less than $50 for a week with no issue. Water with every meal.

Back
Top Bottom