I am still confined by desires for material things.

I'm looking for a way out.
Must be because i'm an American. But I just want certain materials things I do not need.
I got a iPhone but want to see what the white 9700 can do for me (i know the grass def. is not greener on the other side)

Thats about it for my wanting material things, but still, even as I boil down to much fewer items, I still have an innate desire for material goods.
tired.gif

I'm looking for a way out.
Must be because i'm an American. But I just want certain materials things I do not need.
I got a iPhone but want to see what the white 9700 can do for me (i know the grass def. is not greener on the other side)

Thats about it for my wanting material things, but still, even as I boil down to much fewer items, I still have an innate desire for material goods.
tired.gif

I am lucky my parents stressed the importance of family, friends and travel

material things just don't appeal to me much

traveling/experiences with friends > material goods

I am lucky my parents stressed the importance of family, friends and travel

material things just don't appeal to me much

traveling/experiences with friends > material goods

i hear you, and i want to do right and all, but it's hard to do. i mean, is it really in a black person's soul to rock that gold?

i hear you, and i want to do right and all, but it's hard to do. i mean, is it really in a black person's soul to rock that gold?

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

As I mature, my desires for material things are dwindling. Since this is NT, it is relevant to say that my once 60+ pair collection of sneakers has decreased to around 30. That is still too much, and I would like to end up with about 15 (shoes, boots, & sneakers) for every occasion imaginable. That is just one example though, and even then, to many 15 sounds excessive.

I have realized that I just have too much @$+%. My room, my apartment, needs to breathe, & I don't need all of these clothes and possessions.

As I mature, my desires for material things are dwindling. Since this is NT, it is relevant to say that my once 60+ pair collection of sneakers has decreased to around 30. That is still too much, and I would like to end up with about 15 (shoes, boots, & sneakers) for every occasion imaginable. That is just one example though, and even then, to many 15 sounds excessive.

I have realized that I just have too much @$+%. My room, my apartment, needs to breathe, & I don't need all of these clothes and possessions.

laugh.gif

i really thought you were serious until that last part

laugh.gif

i really thought you were serious until that last part

Most of that will change with age. You'll realize that stunting, while fun, is pretty pointless and if the people you attract are only there because you're "doing it" they really don't matter.

Trust me, I'm a recovering materialistic man. The lust for more damn near ruined my life. True story.

Most of that will change with age. You'll realize that stunting, while fun, is pretty pointless and if the people you attract are only there because you're "doing it" they really don't matter.

Trust me, I'm a recovering materialistic man. The lust for more damn near ruined my life. True story.

The more and more money I get the bigger urge to spend.  When youre semi broke its easy to ignore the things you want and focus on what you need.

The more and more money I get the bigger urge to spend.  When youre semi broke its easy to ignore the things you want and focus on what you need.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

funny, i'm the exact opposite.

Back
Top Bottom