I don't buy the jobs report (200k jobs added) vol. You LIE

Stocks had opened moderately higher after payroll-processor Automatic Data Processing Inc. said U.S. companies added 216,000 employees to their employee rolls last month. Growth was in line with forecasts and instilled some confidence ahead of Friday’s nonfarm-payrolls report from the Labor Department. Read more on the ADP payrolls data.

The ADP data were “positive,

I'm not unemployed, but getting a better job is really becoming a task for me. Usually i get the job and end of job hunting. Now getting multiple denial have changed my outlook of being accepted a job. Guess you feel the rejection a few times and hopefully a opportunity will come knocking.

Wouldn't the country be a lot worse off if unemployment was truly at 22%? I mean that is a DRASTICALLY high number...

More concerning is underemployment.  Ya you have a job, but that is barely cutting it.

What about having a job just in name only. Also I think part of that true unemployment number is underemployment

Originally Posted by E3LAL

More concerning is underemployment.  Ya you have a job, but that is barely cutting it.
This is part of the problem. I have peers in the IT field making $12-14/hr. That barely covers gas and food, let alone paying for a mortgage or rent. The robbery that companies are pulling on the American people is disgusting. I had a friend send me a job offer he got for a desktop support job for $10.50/hr with no benefits. What kind of #$!! storm is that?

where did you get the 22% unemployment number?

and you're right, i haven't gotten a raise since this whole thing started with the excuse of "we are in a recession"

underemployment is spot on. The folks that control everything are just playing the media card, a ton of people believe and never question what the gov does or straight don't care, this is the problem. Maybe I'm paranoid?

I swear I think they're using the job market to force more ppl into college. Monopoly the college system is.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I swear I think they're using the job market to force more ppl into college. Monopoly the college system is.
Ironic since more and more college grads are having a hard time finding work or end up working at Lowe's.

Best thing for high schoolers to do is go into a trade. Be a electrician or work on cars. Good pay and you don't come out 100,000 in debt.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Best thing for high schoolers to do is go into a trade. Be a electrician or work on cars. Good pay and you don't come out 100,000 in debt.

This.

I personally would not do it, because i like the field im in but kids these days should serious consider it.

Also believe what Dathbgboy said, has some ring of truth to it. 

Seriously? There are a lot of jobs available....

Let me know your skills, I'll find you career sites with 1000 jobs listed. It's not that hard. As an operations graduate, I had trouble applying to all the jobs available.

If you're interested PM me, or just post on here. Seriously, be positive, and things aren't that hard.....

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by E3LAL

This is part of the problem. I have peers in the IT field making $12-14/hr. That barely covers gas and food, let alone paying for a mortgage or rent. The robbery that companies are pulling on the American people is disgusting. I had a friend send me a job offer he got for a desktop support job for $10.50/hr with no benefits. What kind of #$!! storm is that?
Welp I'm working at a job where I get $11.50 an hour and right out of college I feel ok about this.
People need side hustles... we have to figure out ways to make money on our own aside from these

ridiculously low wages. That's the only way imo to be comfortable when only making 25k-30k a year

on paper. I'm just happy to have a job. Some of my homies with no post secondary education are

literally working for $8 an hour and have to worry everyday about getting fired for the pettiest things. 

I don't buy it either, nowadays I don't know if a Salary job exists for undergrads with a B.A. It seems like either I have to bury myself in more student loan debt for pursuing an MBA to be considered or work my tail off for another 20 years until I get senior management status and finally get a salary. Ridiculous smh.

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

I don't buy it either, nowadays I don't know if a Salary job exists for undergrads with a B.A. It seems like either I have to bury myself in more student loan debt for pursuing an MBA to be considered or work my tail off for another 20 years until I get senior management status and finally get a salary. Ridiculous smh.

I disagree... I got a jobs out of college 50k, and now I found a better job, that I'll be starting in June for 85k. I don't really think it's that hard...

Originally Posted by LosPollosHermanos

Seriously? There are a lot of jobs available....

Let me know your skills, I'll find you career sites with 1000 jobs listed. It's not that hard. As an operations graduate, I had trouble applying to all the jobs available.

If you're interested PM me, or just post on here. Seriously, be positive, and things aren't that hard.....
I totally agree. I appreciate the fact that you're willing to help others out because I think alot of times
people are just overwhelmed with the whole job process, which causes them to drag their feet on 

applying for decent jobs. 

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

QFT, unfortunately. I feel the same way... but it's up to us young people to be creative and come up
with multiple income streams. That's the only way we can live comfortably in this job market.

BAM, I try to tell my boys this all the time. It starts from the ground up. There are blue color jobs popping up all over the place. These are good times for small business owners and blue collar industry. We are moving tones of raw materials across the railroad. Way more then we where a few years ago. Its gonna take a while but its defiantly on the up.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

BAM, I try to tell my boys this all the time. It starts from the ground up. There are blue color jobs popping up all over the place. These are good times for small business owners and blue collar industry. We are moving tones of raw materials across the railroad. Way more then we where a few years ago. Its gonna take a while but its defiantly on the up.

Not be rude, but so you know, it's blue collared.

Back
Top Bottom