I dont know how to tell my wife........UPDATED!!!

you really think its something that would cause a strain on your marriage?

i don't see why you're so nervous...her brother i can understand but i don't see why you're nervous to tell her

Originally Posted by MonStar1

my advice is pray on it
laugh.gif

OP is smart enough to know for a fact that religion is impossible but can't devise a way to tell his soul-mate. 

Hmm...

I understand where you are coming from. Mind you I'm not a player and I have met a couple new girls lately. They say stuff about god on Facebook while one is way into it.  I keep a cross in my room and a prayer in my wallet but I don't put too much thought into it. My parents believe but I'm extremely open minded. I don't believe in Jesus Christ but I kind of believe in a creator. It's tough so if I had to explain I would just say that you have done a lot of research and the growing trend is that it is not as it is presented. I have read a lot that Christianity is based off an older religion.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

my advice is pray on it
laugh.gif

OP is smart enough to know for a fact that religion is impossible but can't devise a way to tell his soul-mate. 

Hmm...
I mean, its not like im telling her that i need my toenails clipped really bad.........this is something that could be big, and i need to pick to right time to talk to her about it and find a way to tell her in a way she will understand how i actually feel about it.

maybe just tell her that CURRENTLY you are having these thoughts...

because in reality, it isn't an end all answer... I'm sure you will have different beliefs as you mature through life (marriage, kids, etc)

For me, it's religion. It never sat right in my mind, however, I actually feel connected to a God. I know that it's there without a doubt, but religion, not so much...

I struggled with it between my family and myself for a while until one day I just finally told my mother and sisters... I'm not religious. I dont believe in Christianity, specifically. They accepted it and we lived happily ever after.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

my advice is pray on it
laugh.gif

Hmm...
I mean, its not like im telling her that i need my toenails clipped really bad.........this is something that could be big, and i need to pick to right time to talk to her about it and find a way to tell her in a way she will understand how i actually feel about it.

I got you man...watch this..

Sit her down and just be like

these are my confessions. 
Just when I thought I prayed all I could pray my conscious said this isn't the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm so thrown I don't know what I'm gonna do
I guess I gotta give part of my confessions 
If I'm gonna tell then I'm gonna tell it all
Damb near cried like I was Pau Gasol
I'm so thrown but don't know what to do
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions

Now this gon' be the hardest thing I think I ever had to do
Got me talking to NT askin' how I'm gon' tell you
Bout that church picnic, I told you I wasn't feelin' it, feelin' it
Its been 3 months and I'm not a deacon yet
First thing that came to mind was you
Second thing was how do I know if these are lies or if this book is true
Third thing was me wishing I never visited it
How I can't push this on my kids and bye bye to our relationship

these are my confessions 
Just when I thought I prayed all I could pray my conscious said this isn't the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm so thrown I don't know what I'm gonna do.
I guess I gotta give part of my confessions
Damb near cried like I was Pau Gasol
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions

Sittin' here in this pew tryna to figure out
when, what, and how I'm gonna put this cracker in my mouth
Said it gon' be easy
But I need to start drinking, stop thinking, be a man and get it over with
I'm riding in my whip, racing to our place
Talking to NT, preparing to tell you to your face
You opened up the door now I want you to hear me
Wait, one second baby.

Just when I thought I prayed all I could pray my conscious said this isn't the way.
These are my confessions
Man I'm so thrown I don't know what I'm gonna do

This by far is the hardest thing I think I ever had to do. To tell you, the woman I love that I'm having doubts about a God a barely even know.  I hope you can accept the fact that I'm man enough to tell you this.  And hopefully you can understand. This ain't about ya momma, this ain't about my life, its about us. Please

I believe and if my future wife didnt id have no problem with it...its one of those things that u let them know and get it out of the way early, dont try and hide it.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

do it while you guys are making love.......

mane this being in the south and tryin to explain subjectd like thus to women is pain staking

shouldnt be a problem. are non-religious people really looked down upon? not in my atmosphere. are you in the hood or down south or something? the pick and choosers who dont really follow tend to just close off and not want to hear about why you dont think god exists. theyre lazy. thats not youre problem. who cares what they think of you. youre wanting a lazy, slow person's acceptance? why? who cares. their opinion shouldnt matter to you. but if you cant go through your wife, she might just not have been the perfect person for you and you just didnt know it. and by this i mean, for a significant other (and anyone else for that matter), a person who accepts you and or can think critically after you talk about certain things beats a person who judges you by your lack of religion.

i think your lady should know but you dont need to wear it on your chest.

When people say "I dont believe in a god/God" I've started to struggle to understand what they mean. Personally, I do not believe in an all-knowing spiritual being that resides in the sky just waiting to judge my soul or whatever... That description sounds like a product of man trying to grasp an idea of perfection while hoping their service will go recognized in this life or the next. I just know that I wake up and see the world for what it is--one giant balancing act. My idea of God is just that. An unbiased governing force that acts to keep the universe intact and in no way does that mean our existence is essential to the equation. It is up to us to make sure we dont screw it all up..

My post is not meant to instigate a debate or criticize anyone's beliefs. OP, your views do not have to be confined to the terms of what you read or what others tell you. You can make sense of the world using your own logic.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

laugh.gif

Hmm...

I got you man...watch this..

Sit her down and just be like

Just when I thought I prayed all I could pray my conscious said this isn't the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm so thrown I don't know what I'm gonna do
I guess I gotta give part of my confessions 
Damb near cried like I was Pau Gasol
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions

Now this gon' be the hardest thing I think I ever had to do
Got me talking to NT askin' how I'm gon' tell you
Bout that church picnic, I told you I wasn't feelin' it, feelin' it
Its been 3 months and I'm not a deacon yet
First thing that came to mind was you
Second thing was how do I know if these are lies or if this book is true
Third thing was me wishing I never visited it
How I can't push this on my kids and bye bye to our relationship

these are my confessions 
Just when I thought I prayed all I could pray my conscious said this isn't the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm so thrown I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Sittin' here in this pew tryna to figure out
when, what, and how I'm gonna put this cracker in my mouth
Said it gon' be easy
But I need to start drinking, stop thinking, be a man and get it over with
I'm riding in my whip, racing to our place
Talking to NT, preparing to tell you to your face
You opened up the door now I want you to hear me
Wait, one second baby.

Just when I thought I prayed all I could pray my conscious said this isn't the way.
These are my confessions
Man I'm so thrown I don't know what I'm gonna do

This by far is the hardest thing I think I ever had to do. To tell you, the woman I love that I'm having doubts about a God a barely even know.  I hope you can accept the fact that I'm man enough to tell you this.  And hopefully you can understand. This ain't about ya momma, this ain't about my life, its about us. Please

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bruh, unless you copied and pasted this from another thread where someone used it.......you have WAYYYY too much time on your hands
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

When people say "I dont believe in a god/God" I've started to struggle to understand what they mean. Personally, I do not believe in an all-knowing spiritual being that resides in the sky just waiting to judge my soul or whatever... That description sounds like a product of man trying to grasp an idea of perfection while hoping their service will go recognized in this life or the next. I just know that I wake up and see the world for what it is--one giant balancing act. My idea of God is just that. An unbiased governing force that acts to keep the universe intact and in no way does that mean our existence is essential to the equation. It is up to us to make sure we dont screw it all up..

My post is not meant to instigate a debate or criticize anyone's beliefs. OP, your views do not have to be confined to the terms of what you read or what others tell you. You can make sense of the world using your own logic.

Then why did you post something entirely irrelevent?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you really think its something that would cause a strain on your marriage?

i don't see why you're so nervous...her brother i can understand but i don't see why you're nervous to tell her
Come on man, you know how Black women desire a "God Fearing Man" 
eyes.gif

@ SImba and others who don't share the same faith as your wife, what will you do about your kids? That seems like such a stressful situation. Someone will win, someone will lose.

Back
Top Bottom