I don't usually post race-related issues on NikeTalk..

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Other races don't think being an actor/actress is realistic.

what?

eyes.gif
Latinos, Africans, Asians and Middle-Easterners for the vast majority don't believe in themselves to gain the ability to act in front of a camera. Let alone take acting classes... You disagree?
I dont mean to come off offensive though it probably will and I don't really care but are you really that dense. You're telling me you have a psyche of all minorities? Actors come from all shapes sizes and colors. What kind of logic is going on in your brain right now son. I know 2 friends personally that graduated in film one of them black another hispanic. I believe one is currently backing up for a role on broadway.

Let me show you how stupid this statement is

Latinos, Africans, Asians and Middle-Easterners for the vast majority don't believe in themselves to gain the ability to:

start a family
get a job
play sports
cook
write
sing
dance

son said ethnicities lack motivation to do things.

I'm going to show you how stupid this statement is.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

what?

eyes.gif
Latinos, Africans, Asians and Middle-Easterners for the vast majority don't believe in themselves to gain the ability to act in front of a camera. Let alone take acting classes... You disagree?
I dont mean to come off offensive though it probably will and I don't really care but are you really that dense. You're telling me you have a psyche of all minorities? Actors come from all shapes sizes and colors. What kind of logic is going on in your brain right now son. I know 2 friends personally that graduated in film one of them black another hispanic. I believe one is currently backing up for a role on broadway.

Latinos, Africans, Asians and Middle-Easterners for the vast majority don't believe in themselves to gain the ability to:

start a family
get a job
play sports
cook
write
sing
dance

Sadly, a lot of people really believe this.

Racial diversity bothers me a lot when I'm watching a Hollywood movie... especially being asian.

I'm still erked that they made Goku some white dude.

as for super heroe movies... well we got THIS guy....

Hemidale__scaled_400.jpg

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I'm personally not a fan of changing races of characters that have back stories like that. And anyway, for Marvel, there has been ONE Avengers film and they mad Nick Fury Black, ONE Daredevil and made Kingpin Black, ONE Thor and had Idris Elba as a Norse god.

Now what happens if Luke Cage pops up and is played by a white guy?

On the DC side, Ertha Kitt famously played Catwoman on TV. Helle Berry played the character on film, as awful as it was. But certain things just won't fly for me. For example, I wouldn't mind an alternate race for an iteration of Spiderman, but I wouldn't want to see a Black Peter Parker. That's just me. I grew up reading my dad's old comics, and became a light collector myself when I was younger. So some of these characters have some history with me.
There is a black/hispanic spider man though. http://www.usatoday.com/l...1-black-spider-man_n.htm

Tra was saying he would want a new character of a different race made isn't of palette swapping the old one. Which is what Marvel did in creating Miles Morales. He's a good Spider-Man so far and I can't wait for the Spider-Men arc where he meets Regular Continuity Peter Parker

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

I'm personally not a fan of changing races of characters that have back stories like that. And anyway, for Marvel, there has been ONE Avengers film and they mad Nick Fury Black, ONE Daredevil and made Kingpin Black, ONE Thor and had Idris Elba as a Norse god.

Now what happens if Luke Cage pops up and is played by a white guy?

On the DC side, Ertha Kitt famously played Catwoman on TV. Helle Berry played the character on film, as awful as it was. But certain things just won't fly for me. For example, I wouldn't mind an alternate race for an iteration of Spiderman, but I wouldn't want to see a Black Peter Parker. That's just me. I grew up reading my dad's old comics, and became a light collector myself when I was younger. So some of these characters have some history with me.
There is a black/hispanic spider man though. http://www.usatoday.com/l...1-black-spider-man_n.htm

Tra was saying he would want a new character of a different race made isn't of palette swapping the old one. Which is what Marvel did in creating Miles Morales. He's a good Spider-Man so far and I can't wait for the Spider-Men arc where he meets Regular Continuity Peter Parker
Yeah, I was referring to Hollywood when I said the "iteration" part. I heard about this Black/Latino Spidey along time ago but it wasn't enough to get me into a comic book store. Is the story pretty engaging? These quality superhero films are sparking my interest again.

Yeah, I was referring to Hollywood when I said the "iteration" part. I heard about this Black/Latino Spidey along time ago but it wasn't enough to get me into a comic book store. Is the story pretty engaging? These quality superhero films are sparking my interest again.
To be honest i don't know. I just remember reading the article
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Racial diversity bothers me a lot when I'm watching a Hollywood movie... especially being asian.

I'm still erked that they made Goku some white dude.

as for super heroe movies... well we got THIS guy....

Hemidale__scaled_400.jpg
Saiyan aren't Asian though. Now if the lead role is White in the live action Akira movie. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

what?

eyes.gif

start a family
get a job
play sports
cook
write
sing
dance

thank you...

I don't trip over racism anymore as long as its funny or the person is honest about their racism we straight.... Next thread

Dude.  No one in the movie is supposed to be black and somehow Samuel L Jackson is in a leading role.
What more do you want?

racism still alive they just be concealing it. tell me you heard about the whole hunger games racism a few months back and how the audience COMPLAINED about them casting non-whites. smh

I HATE racism, but at the same time I can't stand dudes who start to cry because a certain race isn't in something. Did it ever cross your mind that just maybe the producers wanted to stay true to the comic?
...Or did you want a Captain America born and raised in Mexico? Or a Thor from Puerto Rico? Or even better... a Brice Banner from Cuba?

Come on man. It just wouldn't make sense, plain and simple

You can't suddenly change the look of long-established comic book characters. Marvel and DC are both making strides to diversify their rosters but you can't expect these companies to make such drastic changes to already established characters knowing how much it would turn off fans of those characters.

If you want to complain about minority representation in film there are plenty of valid points outside of the superhero genre. There are thousands of super-talented black actors who work on the traveling theater circuit who will never get a shot at major film despite being 50 times the actors and actresses of white counterparts, for example. Unfortunately, department heads think white people won't invest in entertainment featuring minority actors, and considering how badly Red Tails flopped they're not about to change their minds anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

I HATE racism, but at the same time I can't stand dudes who start to cry because a certain race isn't in something. Did it ever cross your mind that just maybe the producers wanted to stay true to the comic?
...Or did you want a Captain America born and raised in Mexico? Or a Thor from Puerto Rico? Or even better... a Brice Banner from Cuba?

Come on man. It just wouldn't make sense, plain and simple
I can only imagine.

To be honest i don't know. I just remember reading the article
ohwell.gif
Yea I think its pretty good so far. There's only 9 issues out as of right now (maybe the 10th one is out now). 

I think the "what more do you want" responses are more telling than any actual racism.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

considering how badly Red Tails flopped they're not about to change their minds anytime soon.

Did you see the cast for Red Tails though? You didn't have to be prejudiced to realize that a movie that is supposed to be serious, but has Ne-Yo and Method Man, was going to be garbage.
And I agree, there's nothing racist about Avengers. How are they going to straight up change the identity of the heros? If anything, those stupid @#$ Avatar and DBZ movies are racially biased by casting white dudes, but those movies are so garbage that no one really got mad 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I think the "what more do you want" responses are more telling than any actual racism.

I thought I was the only one thinking that....

Back
Top Bottom