i feel like i'm about to die VOL. food poisoning/stomach virus

man this is my first time experiencing this and it is no joke. it's kept me up all night, water everywhere 
sick.gif

should i go i go see a doctor or are there any meds i can buy at CVS? or does this @%%$ come and go within a couple days? 

the docs probably gonna tell you they can't do anything apart from letting the virus run the course you should get room temp ginger ale keep water handy lay in a nice warm room and sleep it off, only test solid foods when you feel you can handle it and nibble at first
oh and it doesn't take that long to go...maybe 2 days tops for a 100 percent feel back but it also depends on person

the doctor probably will tell you just let it pass through. i remember having 1 a few years ago 
sick.gif
. didnt want to eat or drink anything and most things you eat come back up. just try water and sleep and it should pass in a few days.

Nothing worse imo, just get as much sleep as you can, use any over the counter's that help you sleep at night, drink water, room temperature tea, and or ginger ale.

Eat soups with crackers (which may take a few days before you gain your appetite), and plain slices of whole wheat bread.
sick.gif

That's when you know you've got a good one - when you'd happily die.

I often find making yourself sick helps if you're still in the early stages. Better out than in...

When its in its final stages.

drink pepto

DRINK ALOT OF GATORADE AND GINGER ALE.

EAT SALT CRACKERS TOO ONLY WHEN IT SLOWS DOWN.

you will be fine soon,i was you a couple weeks ago.

You're going to have to wait it out. Drink water, gatorade or ginger ale, but don't drink too much. Just take sips here and there. For food, eat some saltine crackers or jello. Don't eat or drink too much of anything, let your stomach recover. Good luck bro. I've had food poisoning twice. Wanted to die each time. You'll be okay. Just be near the toilet and get some rest.

Originally Posted by krazyg

You're going to have to wait it out. Drink water, gatorade or ginger ale, but don't drink too much. Just take sips here and there. For food, eat some saltine crackers or jello. Don't eat or drink too much of anything, let your stomach recover. Good luck bro. I've had food poisoning twice. Wanted to die each time. You'll be okay. Just be near the toilet and get some rest.

nah. Gatorade has too much sugar so you'll be splattering everywhere. 
laugh.gif

Try coconut water or pedialyte or some kind of drink for dehydration.

the same thing happened to me this past summer on the hottest day of the year

2rprak2.jpg

Remedy Diner
245 E Houston St, New York 10002
(At Norfolk St)

NEW YORKERS AVOID THIS PLACE

IF YOU GOT SICK FROM A RESTAURANT CALL YOUR LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH AND REPORT THEM 
I DID PLUS I MAKE SURE I GOT MY MONEY BACK 

I WAS SICK FOR 3 DAYS

I feel you OP.
Well again here is my story from a while back.
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...nd-she-is-crying-Updated

P.S. It will pas you just have to wait until your body rejects all the bacteria. In this case anything you previously ate or was able to eat after is going to need to be rejected. 

Keep yourself hydrated or you will become constipated then you body would be able to get rid of the infection.  

Stay away from anything with sugar. Just stick to water and take immodium to help out if you have the runs.

"this too shall pass"

DO NOT take antibiotics. You dont know if its a bacterial or viral. Most likely viral so antibiotics wouldn't work anyways.

Peptobismol all the way. Thang has saved me a few stools here and there countless times.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

DO NOT take antibiotics. You dont know if its a bacterial or viral. Most likely viral so antibiotics wouldn't work anyways.

Peptobismol all the way. Thang has saved me a few stools here and there countless times.
i dont know antibiotics worked for me 

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

i dont know antibiotics worked for me 

you didn't try not taking them......

Going through the same thing right now, first day was horrible
sick.gif

It's been three days since I first got the virus, I'm assuming.
Haven't been able to eat any kind of meat without a trip to the bathroom.
Some coworkers were telling me about a BRAT diet. (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast)

Back
Top Bottom