I got a quick question about The Departed.

Its a great movie btw, one of my favorites but I've never understood this one certain part. When Costello is selling the micro processors to the chinese dudes, matt damon shows up and says everyones names lik costello, frenchie, and then he specifically says Billy Costigan jr. The black cop (anthony anderson) is sitting RIGHT in front of matt damon when he says that. How come he doesn't notice matt damon say that name? At the beginning of the movie, anthony anderson and leo are running together at the acadamy. Is that a mistake? Or a am I missing something.

hmm. that's a pretty good point I never realized. I would have to agree with ^ and say that he probably didn't know Costigan's full name or had it down memorized.

he probably just didn't remember the name.. costigan was just some random dude he had a few words with in training

i remember something about people hearing that he got busted and it was well known that he got kicked out of the staties and went to jail

My girl was steady asking questions about the movie last night and I didn't have an answer for her on that one. It was her first time seeing it.

He didn't remember him at all.
Even at the end when he saw dude in the elevator, Leo had to try to get him to remember they went through the academy together

Originally Posted by omgitswes

He didn't remember him at all.
Even at the end when he saw dude in the elevator, Leo had to try to get him to remember they went through the academy together
This.

yuku 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

^ but anderson's character told damon's character that they were at the academy together before that.

Yeah that's what I was about to say.

he thought leo's character was working for the other side....no one knew about leo's undercover work except baldwain's and whalberg's characters

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

That was Sheen and Walburg. Not baldwin.
lol sorry its funny i dont know any of the character's names and im calling them by their real names

It was a good number of years later too wasn't it - he actually went to jail for a while and then it would take a few years to infiltrate Jack's organization - not the sort of thing you do in a couple of months.

It was a while since the academy, but I think it was to show that no one knew that Costigan was an undercover. Even the people that knew him thought he was a low life and it was believable that he would be running with Costello. Anthony Anderson's character might remember him from the acadamy, but Costigan never worked as a cop in uniform, so he might just say " I remember that dude, didn't he get kicked out?" Or it was just a plot hole, LOL.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

i just wanna say this is one of my favorite movies of all time
pimp.gif

Yes...
...and FYI, Billy was raped in jail and Colin was molested as an alter boy.

There are so many themes in that film most people never picked up...

...in a sense, Billy and Colin were the same person - the same surrogate father, the same girl, the same double lives...

...just opposite sides.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

pimp.gif

Yes...

...in a sense, Billy and Colin were the same person - the same surrogate father, the same girl, the same double lives...

...just opposite sides.

what the...? i never picked it up...

pimp.gif

Yes...

...just opposite sides.
110d5ds.jpg

Is that rape and molestation stuff true? Haven't seen the movie in a couple of years, but I don't ever remember hearing about that.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

pimp.gif

Yes...

...just opposite sides.

what the...? i never picked it up...
same, you remember what time those scenes occurred?

Back
Top Bottom